Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
The issue is though that as a result of Higgins and Sharaz's 'media first' approach, a reluctance to deal with the police and the curation of data that proved her claims of a political cover-up to be false, they significantly negatively impacted the chance of success in the criminal trial.

TL ..

Higgins choices in the way she managed her SA in the Minister for Defence's office did not negatively impact on the prosecution's chances of success in the criminal trial.

TL ..

Higgins choices in the way shed manage her SA in the Minister for Defence's office did not negatively impact on the prosecution's chances of success in the criminal trial.

Might have been "TL", Kurve, but I just literally outlined exactly why it DID negatively impact the criminal investigation and trial.

Lee found the same, but his judgement is obviously "TL" too.

Might have been "TL", Kurve, but I just literally outlined exactly why it DID negatively impact the criminal investigation and trial.

Lee found the same, but his judgement is obviously "TL" too.

Can you quote me from it then please? I'd like the bit where he said Higgins behaviour negatively impacted the investigation and compromised the chances of conviction at trial?

Can you quote me from it then please? I'd like the bit where he said Higgins behaviour negatively impacted the investigation and compromised the chances of conviction at trial?

My pleasure!

Your word here "behaviour" wouldn't be my choice, but ultimately Sharaz and Higgins crafted the below bolded narrative that both Maiden and The Project reported on. Maiden and Wilkinson did not make the narrative up (nor did they investigate the claims fairly or reasonably).

The publication of accusations of corrupt conduct in putting up roadblocks and forcing a rape victim to choose between her career and justice won the Project team, like Ms Maiden, a glittering prize; but when the accusation is examined properly, it was supposition without reasonable foundation in verifiable fact; its dissemination caused a brume of confusion, and did much collateral damage – including to the fair and orderly progress of the underlying allegation of sexual assault through the criminal justice system.

This was taken from the last paragraph of Lee's verdict, such is its importance.

My pleasure!

Your word here "behaviour" wouldn't be my choice, but ultimately Sharaz and Higgins crafted the below bolded narrative that both Maiden and The Project reported on. Maiden and Wilkinson did not make the narrative up (nor did they investigate the claims fairly or reasonably).

This was taken from the last paragraph of Lee's verdict, such is its importance.

I think you've misrepresented with your own words, what Lee said. Where does he state that the prosecution's chances at conviction were negatively impacted?

I think you've misrepresented with your own words, what Lee said. Where does he state that the prosecution's chances at conviction were negatively impacted?

He stated that the accusations did much collateral damage, including to the fair and orderly progress of the underlying allegation of sexual assault through the criminal justice system.

There are no '3-card tricks' with words here I'm afraid, Kurve. It cannot be more clear!

He stated that the accusations did much collateral damage, including to the fair and orderly progress of the underlying allegation of sexual assault through the criminal justice system.

There are no '3-card tricks' with words here I'm afraid, Kurve. It cannot be more clear!

You did mash it a bit.

Is this Ms Brown alleged attempted stitch up via a Stat Dec, a new revelation?

'Scott Morrison to face grilling in Linda Reynolds’ case against Brittany Higgins

Stephen Rice
1 hours ago
Under political pressure following The Project interview, Mr Morrison asked the head of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Phil Gaetjens, to investigate which staff in his office knew about the allegation, when they became aware and what they were told.

Ms Brown told The Australian she was presented with a statutory declaration that she refused to sign. “I felt like I was being stitched up,” she said.
...'

Nope. It's a repeat from June 2023.

'Fiona Brown on the Brittany Higgins-Bruce Lehrmann saga: I was shot by the #metoo ‘firing squad’

Janet Albrechtsen and Stephen Rice
9:09PM June 09, 2023.
Updated 7:17AM June 10, 2023
The political staffer at the centre of the Brittany Higgins rape allegations has revealed how she was made to take the fall for the Morrison government as it sought to deflect Labor’s accusations of a cover-up – a catastrophic path she says culminated in the then-prime minister misleading parliament.

Scott Morrison’s director of operations, Fiona Brown, has told The Weekend Australian her boss misled the House when he claimed, falsely, to have spoken to her about Ms Higgins’ claim that her job had been threatened in the wake of her allegations.
Ms Brown claims Ms Higgins told a series of lies about the way she handled her allegations against Bruce Lehrmann, and that Ms Higgins turned her into a “villain”.

Ms Brown said the most senior figures in the Prime Minister’s Office failed to support her after she was wrongly accused by Ms Higgins of failing to help her, a claim weaponised by Labor to attack Mr Morrison. “It all becomes about the survival of the PM,” Ms Brown said. “You are invisible, marginalised, isolated … no one wanted to know.”
Under political pressure following The Project interview, Mr Morrison asked the head of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Phil Gaetjens, to investigate which staff in his office knew about the allegation, when they became aware and what they were told.

Ms Brown said the inquiry was “a bit like the Spanish Inquisition – it was really inappropriate”. She was interviewed by the office’s deputy secretary, Stephanie Foster, but no recording or verbatim notes were made of the interview. Ms Brown was presented with a statutory declaration which she refused to sign. “I felt like I was being stitched up,” she said.
...'

Last edited:

'Scott Morrison to face grilling in Linda Reynolds’ case against Brittany Higgins

Stephen Rice
1 hours ago

Ms Brown told The Australian she was presented with a statutory declaration that she refused to sign. “I felt like I was being stitched up,” she said.
...'

Brown didn't trust Morrison either.

This is the environment Higgins worked and was SA in.

Brown didn't trust Morrison either.

This is the environment Higgins worked and was SA in.
The article in the Australian tonight goes on to list some claims made by Ms Brown.
And implies that there was some form of conspiracy by everyone in the PMO.

'Among the claims made by Ms Brown during more than six hours of interview were:

• That Senator Reynolds told her to report Ms Higgins’ comment that “I remember him on top of me” to police, but that she refused because the young woman had not made any complaint or allegation of rape or assault;

• That she personally walked Ms Higgins down to the police office in Parliament House at the first indication from the young staffer that some kind of sexual activity had occurred;

• That she never saw nor asked for CCTV footage from the night despite Ms Higgins’ repeated claims that she had;

• That no one in government came to her after The Project interview to ask if it was true that Ms Higgins told her she had been r*ped;

• That no one in the Prime Minister’s office publicly supported her version of events with staff fearful of pushing against the #MeToo movement;#metooat work colleagues ostracised her after the allegations; and

• That she was devastated by Mr Morrison’s apology to Ms Higgins in parliament “for the terrible things that took place here”, which was made without having spoken to her and without having taken legal advice.'

Surely Taylor should be writing and starting in a Baby Reindeer-esque retelling of events from that period.

Early working title: ‘Warpath’.
Taylor and Llewellyn are back in the news today with some very damaging to Seven evidence in Taylor’s legal action against Seven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question of abuse of process might be a question to consider.

Although the categories of abuse of procedure remain open, abuses of procedure usually fall into one of three categories:

1. the court's procedures are invoked for an illegitimate purpose;
  2. the use of the court's procedures is unjustifiably oppressive to one of the parties; or
  3. the use of the court's procedures would bring the administration of justice into disrepute.

So Reynolds' husband Robert Reid is scheduled to give evidence this week, in his wife's defamation trial funded by her stripping cash from their joint bank accounts, liquidating assets and mortgaging their family home.

The same husband who turned up in the ACT Supreme Court while Brittany Higgins was giving evidence of her rape in the Lehrmann trial because Senator Reynolds was prevented from doing so under court rules.

Just a hunch, but I reckon he's going to back everything his wife has claimed and will suggest the trauma she suffered from those nasty texts had her at death's door. ;)

"Senator Linda Reynolds, a decade-long veteran of federal parliament and former defence minister, likened her experiences to a carnival punching clown.

"I felt like one of those punching clowns at the fairground — you get punched down and punched down again, and you have to get up smiling. That's what this was," she told the WA Supreme Court.

"This", of course, being what she perceives as the relentless political and media attacks that rained down on her in the wake of her staffer Brittany Higgins's public allegation that she'd been r*ped in the Senator's own office.

The accusations have clearly stung Senator Reynolds, who's distressed not just about the strident parliamentary questioning she was subjected to over the issue, but also what she calls "the pile-on" from the media and the general public.

This resulted in abusive phone calls to her electorate office and "vile" emails and social media trolling that took a significant toll on her physical health, including the revelation of a previously undiagnosed heart condition, the court heard.

It divided her stepchildren and worsened the fragile health of her elderly parents, the court has been told.

"It was overwhelming," she said in court this week.

And Ms Higgins's post in March this year that read "I won't stay silent so you can stay comfortable" was particularly galling.

"What also struck me is 'so you can stay comfortable'," Senator Reynolds told the court
."

And Ms Higgins's post in March this year that read "I won't stay silent so you can stay comfortable" was particularly galling.

That's something victims of SA and DV say once they've decided to talk about it, particularly when they're getting backlash for it, was Reynolds name mentioned?

Hypocrite and just a nasty piece of work. Good luck getting decent work anywhere else Senator.

A reminder that she's been doing this backgrounding and leaking while she was a Senator, a Minister/Shadow Minister.

And she's still on the public payroll ffs - she hasn't taken leave from the Senate to mount her court action, which someone who cared about their reputation and their role as a federal representative surely would have.

You would do the same thing in Reynolds’ situation if you believed that someone was lying about you and you were being muzzled.

You would do the same thing in Reynolds’ situation if you believed that someone was lying about you and you were being muzzled.
If one of my junior employees had been r*ped in the workplace by another one of my employees..

- would I have acted as a hostile witness in her criminal trial?

- would I have texted the lawyer defending her alleged rapist in his criminal trial with suggestions about what to ask her during cross examination?

- would I have willingly appeared in a TV program that supported her alleged rapist and provided him with substantial financial rewwards for doing so?

- would I have taken extraordinary multi-million dollar defamation action against that former employee, who the judge in an earlier high profile televised defamation trial, WAS r*ped in my office after hours?

- if I was a serving Federal Senator would I lodge action with the consulate of a foreign government to freeze the assets of a rape victim?

-would I, as a serving Federal Senator and against the directions of the Commonwealth Solicitor, leak confidential details of a rape victim to a politely aligned columnist of a national newspaper to benefit my own civil action?

- would I subpoena the medical records of a pregnant woman whom a court had found had been r*ped?

And last of all , would I have taken highly public civil action against that rape victim for a few social media posts that most people have never seen? Action that will probably financially ruin either me or my target, purely out of spiteful revenge?

The answer to your question is NO.

EDIT And Reynolds has NOT been muzzled FFS.

Last edited:
If one of my junior employees had been r*ped in the workplace by another one of my employees..

- would I have acted as a hostile witness in her criminal trial?

- would I have texted the lawyer defending her alleged rapist in his criminal trial with suggestions about what to ask her during cross examination?

- would I have willingly appeared in a TV program that supported her alleged rapist and provided him with substantial financial rewwards for doing so?

- would I have taken extraordinary multi-million dollar defamation action against that former employee, who the judge in an earlier high profile televised defamation trial, WAS r*ped in my office after hours?

- if I was a serving Federal Senator would I lodge action with the consulate of a foreign government to freeze the assets of a rape victim?

-would I, as a serving Federal Senator and against the directions of the Commonwealth Solicitor, leak confidential details of a rape victim to a politely aligned columnist of a national newspaper to benefit my own civil action?

- would I subpoena the medical records of a pregnant woman whom a court had found had been r*ped?

And last of all , would I have taken highly public civil action against that rape victim for a few social media posts that most people have never seen? Action that will probably financially ruin either me or my target, purely out of spiteful revenge?

The answer to your question is NO.

EDIT And Reynolds has NOT been muzzled FFS.
  1. I don't think Reynolds was called as a hostile witness in the criminal trial.
  2. This is just a guess as contexts of text messages have not been revealed as far as I'm aware
  3. Reynolds was not the producer of Sunrise. You are suggesting that she was the puppet master as to how the show would be slanted which is ridiculous. Reynolds was just another person who was interviewed for the program
  4. Not relevant as this case is about defamation and not the rape itself. Victims of any crime do not have immunity for other matters and nor should they have.
  5. See point 4. Higgins does not have immunity.
  6. Just a guess and if correct this will be discovered by this court action I would imagine. Regardless, leaks are by their nature 'confidential'. And heaven forbid that a leak would be done to benefit the leaker. Next thing you will be telling us water is wet.
  7. See point 4
  8. She is entitled to take action if she feels she has been unfairly defamed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back