Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
9. Points 1 to 8 wouldn't even be issues of discussion if there was no lie in the first place.

How about if there was no rape in the Minister for Defence's office?

Have you seen the movie The Butterfly Effect, where Evan Treborne discovers a way to travel back into the body of his past self trying to change events. His time trips start to cause devastatingly negative results on his present. Good movie.

The butterfly effect rests on the notion that the world is deeply interconnected, such that one small occurrence can influence a much larger complex system. The effect is named after an allegory for chaos theory; it evokes the idea that a small butterfly flapping its wings could, hypothetically, cause a typhoon.

How about if there was no rape in the Minister for Defence's office?

Kurve, please! The rape is the obvious cause of all events. Everyone understands that.

Have you seen the movie The Butterfly Effect, where Evan Treborne discovers a way to travel back into the body of his past self trying to change events. His time trips start to cause devastatingly negative results on his present. Good movie.

The butterfly effect rests on the notion that the world is deeply interconnected, such that one small occurrence can influence a much larger complex system. The effect is named after an allegory for chaos theory; it evokes the idea that a small butterfly flapping its wings could, hypothetically, cause a typhoon.

Yes, I've seen it and I agree it's a good movie (but a bit 'Basketball Diaries' / 'Requiem for a Dream'-esque depressing for my liking).

'The Butterfly Effect' as the concept on which the movie is based, is an exaggerated metaphor (or thought experiment) for the Law of Karma. It's like the inverse of the an 'Eye for an Eye' metaphor in the Bible. The subtle metaphor versus the grotesque metaphor! But I believe in karma and think that the reality of it sits more in the middle of those two extremes.

So as a believer in karma, there is a related saying that 'two wrongs don't make a right'. And contrary to the opinion of my favourite philosopher, Homer J. Simpson, two wrongs definitely do not make a right.

So Bruce's actions and lies are no doubt the initial fluttering of the butterfly wings in this whole affair and I have nothing but empathy for Higgins' in her horrific assault; but Higgins and Sharaz embellishing and lying for their own personal interests have created a second 'typhoon' that might be best described as a word that I am not allowed to use in here any more (hint: rhymes with 'Bromley scrambles').

So Reynolds' husband Robert Reid is scheduled to give evidence this week, in his wife's defamation trial funded by her stripping cash from their joint bank accounts, liquidating assets and mortgaging their family home.

The same husband who turned up in the ACT Supreme Court while Brittany Higgins was giving evidence of her rape in the Lehrmann trial because Senator Reynolds was prevented from doing so under court rules.

Just a hunch, but I reckon he's going to back everything his wife has claimed and will suggest the trauma she suffered from those nasty texts had her at death's door. ;)

Bingo! The news report I just watched was almost word for word of your prediction 🤣

Bingo! The news report I just watched was almost word for word of your prediction 🤣

You don't need to be Karen Moregold to "predict" already established facts!

I mean, allowing your psychologist to say that you believed the rape trial was politically motivated is a bold strategy.

"Politically motivated" was the words used by the psychologist, which is overkill IMHO.

Is there however evidence of the criminal case being 'politically charged'? Yes, there is fact based evidence of this:

1723496619935.png

Not to mention of course, Drumgold's pushing for the case to go to trial over Moller's recommendations against proceeding (due to Higgins' credibility issues due to her post-Sharaz lies and media-appearance preferences).

It must be said that the lack of transparency of this trial is frustrating, as after having watched a significant amount of the recent civil trial, we are now back to relying on 'click bait' journalism for information. This will cut both ways in the end, but we're all the poorer for not being able to see the trial ourselves, as context is all but extinguished. "Let sunlight be the best disinfectant" has been replaced with a stuffy mould-generating closet.

Last edited:
1723496619935.png

Given Higgins was r*ped in Parliament House in the Minister for Defence's office with all of Australia watching and wondering WTF was going on in there, I'd have expected her case to be prioritised, unfortunately.

Let's not forget Lehrmann still has more rape charges to front, alleged rape/s that occurred AFTER he sexually assaulted Higgins.

Given Higgins was r*ped in Parliament House in the Minister for Defence's office with all of Australia watching and wondering WTF was going on in there, I'd have expected her case to be prioritised, unfortunately.

Let's not forget Lehrmann still has more rape charges to front, alleged rape/s that occurred AFTER he sexually assaulted Higgins.
Again I ask, why is where the event occurred relevant?
There seems to be some effort here to try and imply that Reynolds somehow gave Lehrmann her access pass to enter her office late at night via a nudge and a wink. Surely people can't be blaming Reynolds for the fact it happened in her office.

Again I ask, why is where the event occurred relevant?
There seems to be some effort here to try and imply that Reynolds somehow gave Lehrmann her access pass to enter her office late at night via a nudge and a wink. Surely people can't be blaming Reynolds for the fact it happened in her office.
It's nobodys fault but Bruce as to where it happened, though you'd hope people coming back drunk to Parliament isn't a regular occurance.

What I blame Reynolds for is having such a cold heart towards a rape victim that occured in her office.

Does anybody know if Reynolds has explained exactly how Dutton undermined her?
It was notes from her psychologist who stated that they didn't do a deep dive into it. Doubt we will ever know as it's not really relevant to the current case. She is suing Higgins, not Dutton.

Had Higgins gone to the police in Feb 2021 and remained anonymous until after the trial, are you of the view that it would have been 'prioritised' to the same degree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had Higgins gone to the police in Feb 2021 and remained anonymous until after the trial, are you of the view that it would have been 'prioritised' to the same degree?

I don't know but I don't think in the circumstances, that she could have remained anonymous until after the trial.

We can credit Higgins for influencing change within PH through the Jenkins Review, that was important work.

That will be Higgins legacy imo, not one of getting carried away and making a couple of ill advised tweets or with encouragement, going a bit overboard on The Project, that she might have to pay for.

Morrison blames Labor for aggressive questioning of Reynolds but seems to forget he reprimanded Reynolds himself.

Which one hurt Reynolds more? I'd suggest it was probably her boss, the PM.

Mr Morrison had criticised Senator Reynolds in a statement in parliament at the time, saying it was unacceptable that she had not told him or his office about the alleged rape in her office.

Mr Morrison also stood by his criticism of Senator Reynolds in March 2021, when he said it was a "disgraceful slur" for Senator Reynolds to have called Ms Higgins a "lying cow".

Morrison blames Labor for aggressive questioning of Reynolds but seems to forget he reprimanded Reynolds himself.

Which one hurt Reynolds more? I'd suggest it was probably her boss, the PM.

Mr Morrison had criticised Senator Reynolds in a statement in parliament at the time, saying it was unacceptable that she had not told him or his office about the alleged rape in her office.

Mr Morrison also stood by his criticism of Senator Reynolds in March 2021, when he said it was a "disgraceful slur" for Senator Reynolds to have called Ms Higgins a "lying cow".

Reynolds was already a psychological wreck before Morrison came into the picture. Its in the article that you have linked. Morrison's comments would not have helped but that was merely the small cherry on top comparatively.

That article also suggests that Morrison now accepts why Reynolds did not advise him at the time as she did not wish to break any confidences with Higgins.
And he stands by his criticism of 'the lying cow' statement. Even Reynolds admits that was inappropriate however to be fair it was said in a private situation and she was not expecting it to be broadcast.

Following Scott Morrison's appearance, the defence counsel for Ms Higgins has called French President Macron to give evidence on the reliability of Scott Morrison as a witness. The testimony was short.

'Do you think Scott Morrison is a liar?'

1723528034576.png

So forgettable and yet unusually boorish and unpleasant. Hard to believe he was our real and actual prime minister for some years.

Undoubtedly the shittest Prime Minister in my lifetime, which is a fair effort considering some extreme competition from The Budgie Smugler just 3 years before.

So after all of this Reynolds , Sharaz and Higgins will probably end up broke ? Reynolds potentially 'homeless' as well as she has been so determined to persue this to the bitter end (to get back at Labour via Higgins/Sharaz ?)
The judge has said all along that the parties should work towards a settlement prior to trial. Judge seems like the only sensible one in this whole schmozzle.

So after all of this Reynolds , Sharaz and Higgins will probably end up broke ? Reynolds potentially 'homeless' as well

Yep! That's what I flagged a hundred or so posts back. It's complete lunacy.

The judge has said all along that the parties should work towards a settlement prior to trial. Judge seems like the only sensible one in this whole schmozzle.

Yep!

I think it's complete lunacy from both sides. We won't know what the sticking points were in regards to settlement offerings for each side until costs are awarded.

So after all of this Reynolds , Sharaz and Higgins will probably end up broke ? Reynolds potentially 'homeless' as well as she has been so determined to persue this to the bitter end (to get back at Labour via Higgins/Sharaz ?)
Sad, a current Senator, can feel so entitles , to ruin a rape victim, who was on her staff at the time......

Yep! That's what I flagged a hundred or so posts back. It's complete lunacy.

Yep!

I think it's complete lunacy from both sides. We won't know what the sticking points were in regards to settlement offerings for each side until costs are awarded.

But haven't you been defending the lunacy of one particular side, for a hundred posts or so?

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back