Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
It's not just Reynolds (or Brown) either. Without the now proven false allegations of a political cover-up and if Higgins went to the police in early 2021, there are no:

• The Project and Maiden articles

They fuelled what I thought at the time, were pretty loose allegations based on Higgins vibe. Why isn't Reynolds suing them instead of a rape victim?

And let's not forget that Reynolds couch actually was cleaned out of hours, almost immediately after Higgins left PH. It's irrelevant whether it can be proved they knowingly cleaned up a crime scene, it LOOKED like they did. Why were people suspicious? Because they lie and they're untrustworthy. Maybe they should be working on that.

This is what people are so riled about, Reynolds had and still has all the power here and most of us can see that it's her as a senior Minister that was being protected and let off for disgraceful behaviour, particularly through the rape trial.

Reynolds isn't happy with the privilege she's had, she wants to take it further and destroy Higgins.

They fuelled what I thought at the time, were pretty loose allegations based on Higgins vibe. Why isn't Reynolds suing them instead of a rape victim?

I would have thought that it is stating the obvious that it is because Higgins and Sharaz kept poking the bear via social media posts.

Like I said many times, I don't think that Reynolds should have gone down this path. Maybe a legal whack to get them to stop their posting, but then she should have walked away, particularly after being vindicated by Lee's verdict.

This event will cost millions. Both parties will have shade cast their way and even if one party or parties have a small win morally, I reckon all will be out of pocket by the end of it. The judge did everything to get them to avoid court, but here we are!

I would have thought that it is stating the obvious that it is because Higgins and Sharaz kept poking the bear via social media posts.

Reynolds should have been up for handling those tweets, she looks like a vindictive manipulator. Reynolds thought she had Higgins gagged on settlement of the lying cow incident while she herself seizing the advantage, could continue taking shots at Higgins to zero consequence.

Now we know what she's like and that Higgins was right to feel intimidated, Reynolds is trying to break her.

We know Higgins was also intimidated by one of Morrison's advisers who rang her more than once, for no apparent reason, Yaron Finkelstein iirc.

Reynolds should have been up for handling those tweets, she looks like a vindictive manipulator. Reynolds thought she had Higgins gagged on settlement of the lying cow incident while she herself seizing the advantage, could continue taking shots at Higgins to zero consequence.

What exactly are you referring to here? I don't think Reynolds even made any comment on this whole shebang until the Spotlight program, where she announced that she had taken legal action against Sharaz and Higggns for their posts.

What exactly are you referring to here? I don't think Reynolds even made any comment on this whole shebang until the Spotlight program, where she announced that she had taken legal action against Sharaz and Higggns for their posts.

For asking Reynolds to stop?

“This has been going on for years now. It is time to stop … My former boss who has publicly apologised for mishandling my rape allegation. Who has had to publicly apologise to me after defaming me in the workplace … Who is suing my fiance (David Shiraz) for a tweet,” Higgins wrote at the time.

Reynolds had a lot to say about Higgins settlement, you remember she's also been caught out leaking confidential documents to Albrechtsen?

It was no doubt stupid, but then at that exact moment they didn’t even know that an assault had taken place yet, let alone exactly where in the office it occurred.
C'mon man, they knew what room it was. It was the room where the security guard found Higgins unconsious and naked. The room they got deep cleaned on a whim after said event.

It was no doubt stupid, but then at that exact moment they didn’t even know that an assault had taken place yet, let alone exactly where in the office it occurred.
Reynolds could have just held the meeting somewhere outside of the whole area of the Defence suite of offices.
She couldn't rule out that an assault or inappropriate something took place.

Very unprofessional, and poor judgement by Reynolds, regardless of whether she ever had any sufficient training in how to handle things like this.

Reynolds had a lot to say about Higgins settlement

I guess so, but it’s always been surrounding Reynolds herself not getting fair input into the “mishandling” claims, which formed a component of the payout.

As Lee stated, it’s not his job to adjudge this issue, but inferred that it was unreasonable and not based in fact.

Reynolds may well be a nasty pastie, but she’s at least been consistent in her claims and been proven correct to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess so, but it’s always been surrounding Reynolds herself not getting fair input into the “mishandling” claims, which formed a component of the payout.

As Lee stated, it’s not his job to adjudge this issue, but inferred that it was unreasonable and not based in fact.

Reynolds may well be a nasty pastie, but she’s at least been consistent in her claims and been proven correct to boot.

If Reynolds believes she didn't receive a fair input, then she should have taken it up with the government.

If her claims were proved correct, she should have simply moved on with the acknowledgement and made the most of that.

Sofronoff hasn't done anything wrong.
Dunno if he did nothing wrong. His number of calls to Albrectsen as at least (to borrow a Higgins staple!) 'weird'!

What should be understood though is that just because he did speak to Albrechtsen a gazillion times, doesn't mean his report should be written off. It is a seriously good document and provides a meticulous account of events and facts surrounding this case.

Bit of light reading:

Dunno if he did nothing wrong. His number of calls to Albrectsen as at least (to borrow a Higgins staple!) 'weird'!

What should be understood though is that just because he did speak to Albrechtsen a gazillion times, doesn't mean his report should be written off. It is a seriously good document and provides a meticulous account of events and facts surrounding this case.

Bit of light reading:

They have a professional and/or personal relationship. Nothing wrong with that.

They have a professional and/or personal relationship. Nothing wrong with that.

If there was nothing wrong with it in the circumstances, Sofronoff probably wouldn't be facing a corruption inquiry.

If anybody knows how to wriggle his way out of consequences on legal technicality, it's Sofronoff so I won't be holding my breath there will be any accountability.

If there was nothing wrong with it in the circumstances, Sofronoff probably wouldn't be facing a corruption inquiry.

You should be able to spot a troll post by now Kurvey ;)

Sofronoff's handling of his inquiry into Bruce Lehrmann’s criminal trial was likened to a “fellow traveller” by ACT Supreme Court judge Stephen Kaye, ruling Sofronoff could be reasonably seen to have had his findings influenced by conservative think tank chair and opinion columnist Janet Albrechtsen.

But yeah - all good. :drunk:.

A wrap up of Reynolds case so far.

Jesus! I think I'd have dealt with the "lying cow" commentary with a bit more nuance than Bennett there...

I'm not sure I recall these oft quoted phrases attributed to Reynolds by Higgins as being denied by Reynolds:

I can only assume that Fiona Brown will back up Reynolds on this.

Jesus! I think I'd have dealt with the "lying cow" commentary with a bit more nuance than Bennett there...

I'm not sure I recall these oft quoted phrases attributed to Reynolds by Higgins as being denied by Reynolds:

I can only assume that Fiona Brown will back up Reynolds on this.

"He said as Senator Reynolds watched the interview she was "horrified at the falsity of what was being said about her."
In response, and in a private context, Mr Bennett said she involuntarily burst out with: "Lying cow!".
Mr Bennett clarified the comment was about Ms Higgins claims of a political cover-up and a lack of support from Senator Reynolds, and not to the veracity of the rape allegation.

Mr Bennett said when being attacked publicly and watching someone lie about you, you have a right to respond.

"Isn't it an entirely defensible thing to do?" Mr Bennett asked.

Nevertheless, he said Senator Reynolds apologised and settled the defamation claim, with $10,000 paid to a rape crisis centre.

"And the reason she did that is because people might have interpreted her comment as casting doubt on the veracity of the rape allegation," Mr Bennett said.
"

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back