Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
"The largest roar of “Shame!” from the crowd came when Brittany Higgins claimed the Morrison government had tried to cover up her rape.
She said people she had previously considered to be “my family” suddenly treated her differently.
“I wasn’t a person who had just gone through a life-changing traumatic event, I was a political problem,” she said.
It fed into a broader narrative that was incredibly damaging for the Morrison government.
The fact now proven in a civil court that Brittany Higgins had indeed been r*ped inside a minister’s office at Parliament House was shocking enough.
But her allegation that ministers and advisers right up to the prime minister’s office had then tried to cover it up and discourage her from speaking to the police or publicly about her ordeal was political dynamite.
Sensationally, Justice Michael Lee has now found it was also untrue.
“When examined properly and without partiality, the cover-up allegation was objectively short on facts but long on speculation and internal inconsistencies,” he said.
“Trying to particularise it during the evidence was like trying to grab a column of smoke.”

The judge found that the cover-up narrative was pushed by people around Ms Higgins, including her partner, David Sharaz, the presenter of Network Ten’s The Project program, Lisa Wilkinson, and News Corp journalist Samantha Maiden, who broke the rape story.
Ms Wilkinson won a Logie award for her interview with Ms Higgins. Ms Maiden won Australian journalism’s highest award, the Gold Walkley.
Justice Lee found in his judgment: “The publication of accusations of corrupt conduct in putting up roadblocks and forcing a rape victim to choose between her career and justice won The Project team — like Ms Maiden — a glittering prize; but when the accusation is examined properly it was supposition without reasonable foundation in verifiable fact.”

Do you have the link?

The late Kimberley Kitching has been mentioned in the trial

The West Australian and The Australian are running with it, Reynolds claiming Kitching's death was linked to her knowledge of Higgins rape claim.

It's a bizarre allegation for which there could not be any basis of fact.

Kimberley had health problems, issues with her thyroid and she'd lost a heap of weight on a strict diet, maybe too strict.

The West Australian and The Australian are running with it, Reynolds claiming Kitching's death was linked to her knowledge of Higgins rape claim.

It's a bizarre allegation for which there could not be any basis of fact.

Kimberley had health problems, issues with her thyroid and she'd lost a heap of weight on a strict diet, maybe too strict.
The calls of 'SHAME' in relation to Reynolds behaviour must be deafening now even from her most strident cheerleaders. (Janet Albrechtsen and the Daily Mail click-bait hacks aside)

She and she alone is responsible for the damage being done to her reputation.

And it makes a laughing stock of those who claim her actions have nothing to do with party politics. Her first day on the stand and she has belly flopped straight into the political muck-raking cess pool.

Last edited:
The calls of 'SHAME' in relation to Reynolds behaviour must be deafening now even from her most strident cheerleaders. (Janet Albrechtsen and the Daily Mail click-bait hacks aside)

She and she alone is responsible for the damage being done to her reputation.

And it makes a laughing stock of her cheer leaders who claim her actions have nothing to do with party politics. Her first day on the stand and she has belly flopped straight into the political muck-raking cess pool.

She'd already been reprimanded by the judge for making her own interpretations and told essentially to stick to the facts, then she goes on to make that ridiculous claim.

She'd already been reprimanded by the judge for making her own interpretations and told essentially to stick to the facts, then she goes on to make that ridiculous claim.

Yeah, hiven her claims re the late Senator Kitching cannot be verified and are, in essence, hearsay and speculation I am shocked that the trial judge allowed them to be entered into evidence. The same can be said of her statement of other Labor politicians who have not scheduled to appear.

Maybe as it is a judge only trial he feels he is capable of weeding out the crap under the rules of evidence during his consideration without making a formal intervention during examination. And maybe she is just weakening her own credibility so he's happy to let it go.

Last edited:
Given her claims re the late Senator Kitching cannot be verified and are, in essence, heresay and speculation I am shocked that the trial judge allowed them to be entered into evidence.

I hope she's asked to back her conversations with Kitching up, exactly where, when and with contemporaneous notes.

Something as important as that and I'd expect notes.

What a performance, due the Gold Logie. Read about it here https://archive.is/22krW
She has no shame at all. None. Worse than I thought.
Especially given that The West Australian is part of the Kerry Stokes empire which hosted the Bruce Lehrmann cash for comment interview and could not by any std. be called a trusted and independent commentator on things Higgins/Lehrmann/Reynolds.

So if they say its bad. It is probably very bad.

Multiple reports with just a quick google.

"Senator Kitching died in 2022 from a heart attack. And it was later reported that before her death she had told a parliament-employed workplace trainer she was being bullied by Senate Labor colleagues.
Those mentioned in subsequent reports included the ALP’s Senate leadership — senators Wong, Kristina Keneally and Katy Gallagher.
They subsequently denied the allegations, calling the claims “untrue” and “hurtful
”.

and

Labor senators Kristina Keneally, Penny Wong and Katy Gallagher were accused of ostracising and bullying Senator Kitching, who had reportedly labelled them “mean girls”.

"Multiple Labor sources say Kimberley Kitching (second left) was being bullied by the party's Senate leadership team. (ABC News: Ian Cutmore) Labor senator Kimberley Kitching told a parliament-employed workplace trainer she was being bullied by Senate Labor colleagues, according to multiple ALP sources.
"

and

"Ms Kitching’s death has unleashed a torrent of ugly allegations that she was the target of “mean girls” in the Senate, ostracised and isolated by Labor Senate leader Penny Wong and others.

“Mean girls” was a term that Ms Kitching herself frequently used to describe the behaviour in the Senate to friends, colleagues and journalists.
"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe as it is a judge only trial he feels he is capable of weeding out the crap under the rules of evidence during his consideration without making a formal intervention during examination. And maybe she is just weakening her own credibility so he's happy to let it go.

She'd have to be weakening her own case. Reynolds is exhibiting the same behaviour she accuses Higgins of which is incorrect perceptions and interpretations, except Higgins we know was experiencing the fallout as a victim of a serious crime whereas Reynolds was not.

Multiple reports with just a quick google.

"Senator Kitching died in 2022 from a heart attack. And it was later reported that before her death she had told a parliament-employed workplace trainer she was being bullied by Senate Labor colleagues.
Those mentioned in subsequent reports included the ALP’s Senate leadership — senators Wong, Kristina Keneally and Katy Gallagher.
They subsequently denied the allegations, calling the claims “untrue” and “hurtful
”.

and

Labor senators Kristina Keneally, Penny Wong and Katy Gallagher were accused of ostracising and bullying Senator Kitching, who had reportedly labelled them “mean girls”.

"Multiple Labor sources say Kimberley Kitching (second left) was being bullied by the party's Senate leadership team. (ABC News: Ian Cutmore) Labor senator Kimberley Kitching told a parliament-employed workplace trainer she was being bullied by Senate Labor colleagues, according to multiple ALP sources.
"

and

"Ms Kitching’s death has unleashed a torrent of ugly allegations that she was the target of “mean girls” in the Senate, ostracised and isolated by Labor Senate leader Penny Wong and others.

“Mean girls” was a term that Ms Kitching herself frequently used to describe the behaviour in the Senate to friends, colleagues and journalists.
"

I'm aware of all that and no doubt, the lot of them in there would have a streak of mean, they are, after all top politicians. Nobody gets to where they are without that streak and that would include Kitching, who not only was near the top of her game but she was married to Andrew Landeryou, he can be quite vicious.

It also includes Linda Reynolds, who's looking so fragile it amazes me she was in charge of defence. LOL How did she get there?

But none of that goes to the truth of what Reynolds is claiming.

You post almost exclusively in the crimes thread. So I assume you know what hearsay is and why it's not generally admissible as evidence in court?

The dead can't speak.

There was another sudden death through the Robodebt saga where she was allocated quite a bit of the blame, posthumously.

It also includes Linda Reynolds, who's looking so fragile it amazes me she was in charge of defence. LOL How did she get there?

Reynolds as Defence and Defence Industry Minister and Bruce Lehrmann as the guy doing the briefing, research and liaison with defence chiefs. That's the dream team right there isn't it? The nation's security could not have been in better hands.

Would have had Xi Jinping trembling in his boots.

Sorry -off topic I know.

I'm aware of all that and no doubt, the lot of them in there would have a streak of mean, they are, after all top politicians. Nobody gets to where they are without that streak and that would include Kitching, who not only was near the top of her game but she was married to Andrew Landeryou, he can be quite vicious.

But none of that goes to the truth of what Reynolds is claiming.
Bullying = stress = heart attack (in vulnerable people).

Reynolds has done it again! She's not offering facts but feelings and perceptions.

Linda Reynolds has been asked about her reported “lying cow” comments directed at Brittany Higgins after her interview with Network 10’s The Project aired.

Reynolds said she felt “sick”, “angry” and “hurt” at the claims Higgins made about her treatment following the alleged rape.

She said she had no recollection of calling Higgins a “lying cow” but was later told by her then chief of staff, Alex Kelton, after a staff member in her office made a complaint.

While she could not remember saying the words, she said “it characterised how i was feeling”.

Reynolds later apologised to the staff in her office for using the words, acknowledging it was a tough time for them.

Later, Reynolds recounted the “media frenzy’” her office faced in the days following the story’s publication.
The senator said people in Parliament House looked at her differently and she felt her own colleagues kept their distance after she was accused of a political cover up.

Reynolds said she went one day from “doing her job and doing it well to being nationally vilified as someone who would do something so despicable”.

"The largest roar of “Shame!” from the crowd came when Brittany Higgins claimed the Morrison government had tried to cover up her rape.
She said people she had previously considered to be “my family” suddenly treated her differently.
“I wasn’t a person who had just gone through a life-changing traumatic event, I was a political problem,” she said.
It fed into a broader narrative that was incredibly damaging for the Morrison government.
The fact now proven in a civil court that Brittany Higgins had indeed been r*ped inside a minister’s office at Parliament House was shocking enough.
But her allegation that ministers and advisers right up to the prime minister’s office had then tried to cover it up and discourage her from speaking to the police or publicly about her ordeal was political dynamite.
Sensationally, Justice Michael Lee has now found it was also untrue.
“When examined properly and without partiality, the cover-up allegation was objectively short on facts but long on speculation and internal inconsistencies,” he said.
“Trying to particularise it during the evidence was like trying to grab a column of smoke.”

The judge found that the cover-up narrative was pushed by people around Ms Higgins, including her partner, David Sharaz, the presenter of Network Ten’s The Project program, Lisa Wilkinson, and News Corp journalist Samantha Maiden, who broke the rape story.
Ms Wilkinson won a Logie award for her interview with Ms Higgins. Ms Maiden won Australian journalism’s highest award, the Gold Walkley.
Justice Lee found in his judgment: “The publication of accusations of corrupt conduct in putting up roadblocks and forcing a rape victim to choose between her career and justice won The Project team — like Ms Maiden — a glittering prize; but when the accusation is examined properly it was supposition without reasonable foundation in verifiable fact.”
You realise, that is a totally different matter in a completely different jurisdiction about a totally different defamation action bought by totally different parties in relation to totally different acusations.

Lehrmann has never been convicted of a charge of rape before a Criminal Court and he is not a convicted criminal (yet).

Therefore, his Criminal precedents cannot be taken into account by the Court

The Judge in WA is only determining whether Reynolds has been defamed by Higgins and Sharaz, and if so, determining whether a financial payment will address the damage to her reputation and determining the amount involved to appease the damage

Both parties may seem to see fit to mention Lees' findings to the Court to promote their case

However, WA judge may totally ignore Lee's determination in the Civil case and his conclusions if he does not consider it relevant to the matter under determination.

Bullying = stress = heart attack (in vulnerable people).

I don’t agree with Reynolds’ inference today about Kimberley Kitching that that period of her helping Reynolds out “led” to her death (even if there was some broader potential cause and effect attached to it).

What gets me though is that there is an assumption in this thread that politicians are like the terminator in Terminator 2, being relentless, unfeeling, un-killable arseholes!

Even Fiona Brown was smashed in here as not being ‘hard enough’ as a Chief of Staff by the usual suspects, copped a barrage of abuse online from Higgins supporters and has been mentally unstable since.

Kimberley clearly had issues with bullying from peers that adversely impacted her.

Reynolds had a break down in the Senate and then had medical complications resulting in hospitalisation.

Bob Hawke could celebrate with the best of them, then cry at tragedy.

They’re humans in high pressure roles of public service.

I don't know why politicians seem exempt from mental health because of their position. I mean you wouldn't walk into an RUOK Day Morning Tea, have a chat with the boss who seemed a bit down and then tell them to "Suck it up princess! You're in a high paying job with power and you didn't get here by not being a bit of a campaigner!!".

I don't know why politicians seem exempt from mental health because of their position. I mean you wouldn't walk into an RUOK Day Morning Tea, have a chat with the boss who seemed a bit down and then tell them to "Suck it up princess! You're in a high paying job with power and you didn't get here by not being a bit of a campaigner!!".

Nobody said 'Suck it up princess!' but either you're incredibly naive or playing games in here suggesting that politicians who make it to the top are soft because they're not.

You've taken something I posted and run way too far with it. We're also not criticising Reynolds for being upset, she's being criticised for taking a rape victim all the way to the Supreme Court, dragging it on and on and suing her for defamation.

Linda Reynolds is her own worst enemy.

You realise, that is a totally different matter in a completely different jurisdiction about a totally different defamation action bought by totally different parties in relation to totally different acusations.

Lehrmann has never been convicted of a charge of rape before a Criminal Court and he is not a convicted criminal (yet).

Therefore, his Criminal precedents cannot be taken into account by the Court

The Judge in WA is only determining whether Reynolds has been defamed by Higgins and Sharaz, and if so, determining whether a financial payment will address the damage to her reputation and determining the amount involved to appease the damage

Both parties may seem to see fit to mention Lees' findings to the Court to promote their case

However, WA judge may totally ignore Lee's determination in the Civil case and his conclusions if he does not consider it relevant to the matter under determination.
I'm addressing the question: "Did Higgins or did Higgins not complain about Wilkinson and what her focus was?" by demonstrating that Higgins was publicly doing exactly that, focusing on the supposed "cover up" and not the actual "rape". How could she complain about Wilkinson's focus when she was herself using as the focus of her Me Too speech was the "cover up" and not the "rape", knowing full well that it was a lie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back