Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

FIONA BROWN - AFFIDAVIT

Last edited:
More hyperbole and over-excited exaggerations.
Your criticism of Reynolds was that she was 'taking a rape victim all the way to the Supreme Court'. So I pose the question, does Higgins get a leave pass from any legal consequences and how long does this leave pass last for? If there is no leave pass, then why say 'rape victim'. Its de-humanising is it not?

Also, you can't have an over-excited exaggeration. For there to be an over-excited exaggeration there must by definition be an under-excited exaggeration. But I am quibbling. :)

Your criticism of Reynolds was that she was 'taking a rape victim all the way to the Supreme Court'. So I pose the question, does Higgins get a leave pass from any legal consequences and how long does this leave pass last for? If there is no leave pass, then why say 'rape victim'. Its de-humanising is it not?

Also, you can't have an over-excited exaggeration. For there to be an over-excited exaggeration there must by definition be an under-excited exaggeration. But I am quibbling. :)

Obviously, Reynolds is coming under fire for a multitude of shitty behaviours but the main complaint I've seen through this thread is her grasping at Higgins compensation payment through the courts.

Also :rolleyes:

Can this be verified? If true this suggests the story she recounted in the court recently was a substantial fabrication.

Always felt I needed to file Reynolds claims under F for fiction.

Yep, she's lying.

It looks to me from Reynolds testimony, that she has some kind of delusional disorder. Reynolds is coming undone and the cross examination hasn't even started yet.

Yep, she's lying.

It looks to me from Reynolds testimony, that she has some kind of delusional disorder. Reynolds is coming undone and the cross examination hasn't even started yet.
This is what happens when you surround yourself with sycophants and believe your own press.

Their perception of reality and context starts to disappear. We've seen it many times in politicians - Latham, Morrison etc.

But the personal emotional and financial toll of this is likely to be devastating, and not just for Senator Reynolds .

She can't say she wasn't warned. Supreme Court Justice Marcus Solomon warned both parties several times of the emotional cost of taking this to Court - to the point where he had to excuse himself from hearing the case because his pleading could have been seen as potentially prejudicial (hence it is being heard by Tottle).

Yes I imagine being r*ped was very de-humanising for Higgins, though it's not like she had a single tweet written about her 6 years ago where someone said they think she didn't do their very best.

It's reasonable to expect Brown's role would be examined.

Her role being examined is reasonable.

Expecting her to make the exact same choices as someone else thinks is unreasonable and Justice Lee nailed this in his findings as quoted above.

There is also an air of unreasonableness in here with respect to how 'thick skinned' politicians and their senior support staff (eg. Brown, Reynolds and Kitching) should be.

I'm not really sure why politicians are seen as anything other than human and it seems to me that those trying to dehumanise them have a political motive, rather than being regular true crime buffs.

Her role being examined is reasonable.

Expecting her to make the exact same choices as someone else thinks is unreasonable and Justice Lee nailed this in his findings as quoted above.

There is also an air of unreasonableness in here with respect to how 'thick skinned' politicians and their senior support staff (eg. Brown, Reynolds and Kitching) should be.

I'm not really sure why politicians are seen as anything other than human and it seems to me that those trying to dehumanise them have a political motive, rather than being regular true crime buffs.

Exaggerating again.

Can this be verified? If true this suggests the story she recounted in the court recently was a substantial fabrication.

Always felt I needed to file Reynolds claims under F for fiction.

There is no doubt that Hitching wrote that denial in February 2021.

For the record, Kitching was demoted after this.

There was later claims to the contrary in this AFR article, which refers to "parliamentary sources".

Gallagher obviously denied previous knowledge before the media and got found out.

What was the document that Justice Lee referred to in here?

1723000183339.png

Can you see the pot kettle here? Festerz, whose posts you chose to highlight regards Brown, has far more engagements across this crime board than you have.

You don't appear to me to be a regular true crime buff, so ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was later claims to the contrary in this AFR article, which refers to "parliamentary sources".

Gallagher obviously denied previous knowledge before the media and got found out.

View attachment 2071179

Kitching received an anonymous letter about the incident and it was reported she sent it to the AFP. Rumours then went around that Wong and Gallagher were annoyed they weren't told about it.

When Reynolds said Kitching had told her Wong and Gallagher planned to ambush her in the Senate (which I doubt) until that could be sorted out, Kitching was removed from the Senate Tactics Committee.

This is the environment they work in, including Higgins who was only 24yo at the time of the rape. It's a snake pit.

View attachment 2071179
It was tragic event and I doubt we will ever know the truth. The phrase "parliamentary sources" is meaningless and adds nothing to the provenance of the claim. As for the media source, AFR has worsened over the years and really produces very little quality content. Look at the fan boi cheer leading for nuclear energy that defies economic logic.

Reynolds testimony didn't sit comfortably for 2 reasons, firstly she was seeming to be most intent on landing political points, which posters here suggest is heresy, and this involved a dead persons alleged testimony. A person death the Libs had already tried to make political capital over with evidence less claims. She died of a heart attack, but apparently all due to the mean girls and nothing to do with coronary artery disease. In that same spirit Reynolds invokes the poor dead women again.

Secondly it didn't have the ring of truth about it, she sounded like someone telling a story. Why would Kitching warn Reynolds about it? They weren't friends as far as I know. Everything was structured to emphasise her victimhood. Still filling it in the F for fiction file.

Is Reynolds mimicking Higgins?

Reynolds accuses Dreyfus of ‘seeking to silence’ her over settlement with Higgins​

Linda Reynolds has accused the attorney-general, Mark Dreyfus, of “seeking to silence” the former defence minister by denying her a chance to defend herself as the government worked towards a settlement with Brittany Higgins.

Reynolds told the WA supreme court this morning her lawyer had received a letter in December 2022 from Commonwealth lawyers instructing that she not attend a mediation hearing with her former junior staffer.

This is the environment they work in, including Higgins who was only 24yo at the time of the rape. It's a snake pit.

Higgins was 26 and Sharaz was 30 when leaked information to Gallagher in the full knowledge that Parliament was a snake pit and that they could use the disruption to their advantage.

Unfortunately for them and Gallagher, they all got caught out doing so!

Higgins was 26 and Sharaz was 30 when leaked information to Gallagher in the full knowledge that Parliament was a snake pit and that they could use the disruption to their advantage.

Unfortunately for them and Gallagher, they all got caught out doing so!

You know the point was her working education within that environment. It's completely understandable that she might fight back and potentially, fall.

You're not targeting Festerz, are you?
He's obsessed with me to the point of it being weird. It's (one of the reasons) why I have him on ignore.

I only get to find out he's targeted me yet again due to your replies - I appreciate as mod you don't have that option.

But it is mighty...'odd'.

Last edited:
Could have been from anyone including from you from about that period, but the Festerz exchange was the first thing that sprung up on a simple search.

Now I know you're full of it.

If anything I've leaned towards relying on Brown's testimony over others.

Sarah Basford Canales
Reynolds-Higgins trial breaking for early lunch

Over in Perth and we’re breaking for an early lunch after Linda Reynolds’ lawyer, Martin Bennett, concluded his initial questioning of the senator shortly before midday.

Reynolds is expected to return to the witness stand for cross-examination by Brittany Higgins’ lawyer, Rachael Young SC, in the early afternoon Perth time.

The WA supreme court Justice Paul Tottle said he’d been informed documents subpoenaed by the defence had become available. Young said on Tuesday afternoon the documents had been described as containing text messages between Reynolds and Bruce Lehrmann’s then barrister, Steven Whybrow, in the lead up to the criminal trial in 2022.

Justice Tottle adjourned court until at least 1.30pm Perth time to allow for both legal teams to review the documents and take instructions from their clients.

The WA supreme court Justice Paul Tottle said he’d been informed documents subpoenaed by the defence had become available. Young said on Tuesday afternoon the documents had been described as containing text messages between Reynolds and Bruce Lehrmann’s then barrister, Steven Whybrow, in the lead up to the criminal trial in 2022.
Is this the first time this has come to light?

For Reynolds to be sending text messages to Lehrmann's barrister is so improper I'm struggling to find sufficient adjectives to describe it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Bruce Lehrmann Pt2 * Reynolds Defamation Trial Current

Remove this Banner Ad

Back