Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it a strolling party?
You may jest but once a week, Monday evening to be precise, I have a beer stroll with a good mate. It’s a city based stroll from convenience store to convenience store so there’s no need to carry the empties. But I can assure you it’s a very pleasant couple of hours and something l look forward to every week. Pre-dates Covid by about 5 years. A nice chat, a look around and some exercise to start the week. Perfectomundo.

You may jest but once a week, Monday evening to be precise, I have a beer stroll with a good mate. It’s a city based stroll from convenience store to convenience store so there’s no need to carry the empties. But I can assure you it’s a very pleasant couple of hours and something l look forward to every week. Pre-dates Covid by about 5 years. A nice chat, a look around and some exercise to start the week. Perfectomundo.
A corner shop crawl.

True story:

I knew this guy years ago, more a mate of a mate than a close friend. Anyway, he had a rental inspection scheduled and was finding it challenging to disguise the fact that he had been chain smoking in there for 12 months with doors and windows closed.

He hit on a surprisingly successful strategy. The agent was due to arrive at 2PM. Shortly after 1PM he started pan-frying some chilli cheese kranskies and got them to smoke point, which disguised the obvious smell of the place and created a smoke barrier to reduce visibility of obvious damage.

Also useful was that he had a 16 week old Labrador puppy frolicking in the yard with a kong toy filled with peanut butter. The 25Yo agent called Nikki was occupied primarily with the puppy and even gave him some tips about kransky cooking.
A "mate of a mate" after all this time? Wow. :thumbsdownv1:

I know some are triggered by stats, but found this interesting in the context of game styles. Few teams were very different to what I would have guessed.

I know some are triggered by stats, but found this interesting in the context of game styles. Few teams were very different to what I would have guessed.

"Not found" - what was it?

Scallops makes sense. It refers to a single slice of potato that otherwise would be used to top a French-styled dish with “scalloping” (layers of thinly sliced potato overlayed over the top of a dish to provide a potato crust). So the scallop is a single slice of potato battered and salted to make it all lovely.

Any other opinion is just #VICBIAS
****ing nerd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Not found" - what was it?

Ah dammit.

It was a graph measuring uncontested marks, for and against, and how often teams play on from those marks. Was interesting because of the different styles by top teams - ie Sydney and GWS were at opposite ends. It gave the picture of our style so far being a little above average for uncontested marks per game, and we more often don't play on from them.

Ah dammit.

It was a graph measuring uncontested marks, for and against, and how often teams play on from those marks. Was interesting because of the different styles by top teams - ie Sydney and GWS were at opposite ends. It gave the picture of our style so far being a little above average for uncontested marks per game, and we more often don't play on from them.
I was looking at it the other day and the difference between our marks in wins and losses is pretty stark. If a team puts pressure on us and denies us that style we fall apart pretty quickly.

Lets not talk about our game plan or style, its top secret, delete posts about it or the men in black will show up on your door
No one knows what Melbourne's game plan is, not even Melbourne supporters. In fact Melbourne fans have been known to attend games and shout things like "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!" to emphasise it's enigmatic nature.

No one knows what Melbourne's game plan is, not even Melbourne supporters. In fact Melbourne fans have been known to attend games and shout things like "WTF ARE YOU DOING?!" to emphasise it's enigmatic nature.
I'm sure it based around winning some pointless KPI, the rest of the comp ringing around seeing if there are any codebreakers still alive from WW2. Goody is the international man of misery.

We won’t see Goodwin sacked. He is in cahoots with Roffey and Pert. He’s safe unfortunately.
Stop going to games and buying memberships. Only way these idiots will get the message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back