List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Article also mentions that Treloar has put off contract talks until the end of the year - which pretty much says it all.
Yeah

Thanks ads for the memories all the best.
Make sure you get us a good trade. I hear west coast is nice (come home nic nat)

Yes i know he will go to vic.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Article also mentions that Treloar has put off contract talks until the end of the year - which pretty much says it all.

Can't help but feel it's a bit of a dick move if he does bail. He was easily the most vocal about staying, which is why most players play a straight bat.

So if treloar has, as been said, decided to hold off till the end of the year that means we will only, possibly lose 1 of the core.
Considering the supposed mass exodus for real clubs and the larger salary sizes of our stars, well done to the club in their handling of the list (even more so when you take into account that the offer for Ads is the same as Shiel)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Woo hoo!!

tumblr_n95ylrGaBO1rwccsao1_250.gif

And as an added bonus we retain coniglio_number1 as a fan (though I reckon he would stay a GWS fan regardless)

Can't help but feel it's a bit of a dick move if he does bail. He was easily the most vocal about staying, which is why most players play a straight bat.

Yep. Had everyone convinced he was staying - coach, fans etc. He even had that "what's his name" flog of a "journalist" convinced he was staying.

The mounting evidence (especially) Lambert's tweet convinces me he's as good as gone

:(

Still no official word from the club though. We've dismissed newspaper reports before when they go the other way.

There's a difference between "He's signed" and "He's taking offers from...". If a newspaper comes out and says "Player X has signed with Collingwood", that's a lot stronger than "Player X has received interest from Collingwood". The former can be proven wrong, so newspapers won't go with that unless they're absolutely sure.

There's a difference between "He's signed" and "He's taking offers from...". If a newspaper comes out and says "Player X has signed with Collingwood", that's a lot stronger than "Player X has received interest from Collingwood". The former can be proven wrong, so newspapers won't go with that unless they're absolutely sure.

Also- it's now official from the club.

So.... :):):):):):):):):) I can be officially happy too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to footy wire 30.9 possesions and 1.2 goals per game in 2012

That was his 4th season which he has never bettered. If you look at both players first 4 years Treloar is well ahead in disposals averaged and I don't see any reason why those numbers would drop off. Eddie and Pert were demanding 2 top 10 picks for Beams, now based on this rational how on earth could any Collingwood supporter say a late first rounder and some other junk is a reasonable trade for one of the best young mids in the league.

That was his 4th season which he has never bettered. If you look at both players first 4 years Treloar is well ahead in disposals averaged and I don't see any reason why those numbers would drop off. Eddie and Pert were demanding 2 top 10 picks for Beams, now based on this rational how on earth could any Collingwood supporter say a late first rounder and some other junk is a reasonable trade for one of the best young mids in the league.
Ok... Beams was all australian also... Kennedy isn't junk he would be seen as a far better prospect than what crisp was at the time. I came here with a question not an argument

We obviously don't want to lose one of our most promising young mids.

But the official article says nothing about Treloar holding off contract talks. Until he himself comes out and says I'm putting off talks or I want to leave then I will continue to believe what Treloar himself said and that it is all media speculation.

Cameron, smith, shiel, WHE and cogs were all gone according to the media. Yet they all remain.

Ok... Beams was all australian also... Kennedy isn't junk he would be seen as a far better prospect than what crisp was at the time. I came here with a question not an argument

Offer a reasonable trade and you might get an answer you like better than. I cant see how Collingwood can do that. If he says he wants out to return to Melbourne clubs will be offering better than guys playing VFL.

We obviously don't want to lose one of our most promising young mids.

But the official article says nothing about Treloar holding off contract talks. Until he himself comes out and says I'm putting off talks or I want to leave then I will continue to believe what Treloar himself said and that it is all media speculation.

Cameron, smith, shiel, WHE and cogs were all gone according to the media. Yet they all remain.

Im still optimistic. Lambert posts a lot of motivational quotes on his twitter would be easy read too much into one of the latest ones. Still clinging to this quote and hoping its his management playing hardball.

"I've got a great management staff who really look after me. They take care of all that stuff and I'm here to play footy. I love my time here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back