Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Remove this Banner Ad

No more Robbo

RUMOUR CONFIRMED

On September 18, Mark Allen announced on the Rumour File that footy journalist and chief football writer at the Herald Sun, Mark Robinson, would be “hanging up the boots” at the end of the AFL season.

And the news was confirmed this morning, with Robinson reportedly set to leave AFL 360, the show he co-hosts alongside fellow journalist Gerard Whateley.

I always think about that Inside Sport magazine and how they had a 'half a dozen quiet bourbons with (insert sports star)' article each month.

All I'm saying is, Robbo After Dark. 10pm, live, once a month, with someone interesting, from The Grand at Warrandyte. Kind of like Open Mike but Mike being 3/4 cut. And interesting.

I always think about that Inside Sport magazine and how they had a 'half a dozen quiet bourbons with (insert sports star)' article each month.

All I'm saying is, Robbo After Dark. 10pm, live, once a month, with someone interesting, from The Grand at Warrandyte. Kind of like Open Mike but Mike being 3/4 cut. And interesting.

Maybe add in a live caller element (like White Line Fever in the old FoxFooty days) and have viewers dial in and ask Robbo for advice.

Surely we need a best of Robbo to stream continuously on Fox 🦊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My all time Robbo 360 moment will be when Andy Maher said something snide regarding Robbo on either radio or on TV, I can't remember when it was, it was over a decade ago, and they go back to the desk and Robbo leans over and straight up says 'You are a W@NKER Andy Maher' and Gerard f*cking loses it with a PFFTTTT and it pans back on to Robbo and he's like 'I know there are kids that are watching and I shouldn't be saying it but I'll say it again, you are a w@nker..' as he continues on with his retort to Maher.

Iconic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back