Autopsy "The Flu Game" - Bulldogs dismantle Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game from the often maligned Bramble
Thought so too. With JJ injured and Richards in the midfield group he's become important to our ball movement.

West's year now that he's accepted that he's a small forward had been incredibly good. High workrate, and seems to have carried on that DFA/Clay Smith tradition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's such an incredibly open season. Freo's midfield is extremely good. It was an exceptional performance to dominate them in that department. Still think our backline is brittle (and inexperienced), but midfield dominance like today eases that concern.

Well done Dogs. Great win. And 3 votes...M. Bontempelli.

Glad we ended up winning by the appropriate margin.

Was worried we’d only get them by 5 goals or so late in the 3rd and early in the last.

We deserved to win by as much as we did.

As Norm said, Bramble and Lobb deserve kudos today.

Two whipping boys but they had very good games.

Bontempelli is ridiculous.

Bye also coming at a good time for us - we’ve got some sore players for sure, rest them up, big month or so coming up for us.

I hate the idea of dropping Lobb. I actually prefer him to English.

As long as Naughto is out injured Lobb will get a game.

Was happy for Lobb today.

He played well, and looked much happier and better body language all round.

Needs to keep it up though.

Great win when the pressure was applied. Lobb was great. Westy started slow but can really use his body well. Libba is freakish at getting the ball from off the ground in a not great position straight into a clever handball. Still rather see Garcia in instead of VDM, but have faith in MC.
And that ‘goal of the year’ from Bont, right in front of where I was sitting, was worth the train ride up alone. I will never forget it. I said to a mate, like when Shane Warne was on playing cricket, go and see him while you can because football geniuses are rare and super rare at your particular club.

It wasn’t a tag but it was very clear that whenever Libba was in the middle with Serong his directive was to make life tough for him, and surprise, surprise Serong didn’t like Libba pushing, shoving and making life hard for him.

Contrast that with last week when Neale went unattended at certain CBAs.
Young trying to limit Bont didn't work for them either.

Bramble - 30 at 93%….and a sausage

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The succulent beauty of that sausage was that he was the guy who brought the ball to ground in a marking contest on the hbf. He then had the wherewithal to follow that up by sizzling through the middle putting some spicy sauce on it and slamming it between the two upright buns.

He may not be to Richards incredible standard as an attacking defender, but with the waning of JJ career. There is an attacking defenders spot for Brambles taking.

And that ‘goal of the year’ from Bont, right in front of where I was sitting, was worth the train ride up alone. I will never forget it. I said to a mate, like when Shane Warne was on playing cricket, go and see him while you can because football geniuses are rare and super rare at your particular club.

I know neutrals that have gone to unrelated Dog's games just so they/their kids can say they watched the Bont play.

I just want to remind everyone that while Moses was standing on the edge of the Red Sea, right before he parted it, I said: “Oh wait, while I think of it, Bevo really needs to give Ed a run in the middle”. Moses turned to me, gave me a brief look of contemplation, nodded and said: “mmmm”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "The Flu Game" - Bulldogs dismantle Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back