Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no money in that fight. It won't even get a distribution deal
It's held in Brazil so the gate will be tiny too
You don't think they will get paid to do this? No other reason for them to do it.

I'm not saying Wilder hasn't got power, he obviously does but it's easier knocking out tin cans then it is knocking out Top Heavyweights, only legit name you could give Wilder is Ortiz who was 40 year old when they fought, rest are bums.

So Fondura is fighting Spence in October. Why on earth didnt Tim wait for that?! Taking on a smaller, riskier fight sooner. Hes made some terrible decisions lately imo

100%, it's extremely risky as Tim could easily lose and back to back losses.. it'll be hard to return to the top swiftly but in the same token if he wins his right back in the mix.

I still think he should have took the Fundora rematch straight away, he beats Fundora 9 times out of 10.

IMO Tszyu won that Fundora fight and if not for the head but wins that by KO which he will do to Ortiz.

He won't have a problem.
Without the axe wound to the head (accidental elbow) Tim definitely would've won against Fundora.

I like what Tim's doing, and I loved the fact that he fought through that fight and also that he was humble in taking the L in what was a very close fight.

I'm not saying Wilder hasn't got power, he obviously does but it's easier knocking out tin cans then it is knocking out Top Heavyweights, only legit name you could give Wilder is Ortiz who was 40 year old when they fought, rest are bums.

You're right. I think a lot of fighters get shit when they don't get finishes at the elite level, "oh he's playing it safe etc". Fact is the elite have better chins and are harder to hit cleanly. That's why fighters like Inoue and GGG are/were so great, continuing to get finishes when you're fighting the best is P4P #1 stuff.

So Fondura is fighting Spence in October. Why on earth didnt Tim wait for that?! Taking on a smaller, riskier fight sooner. Hes made some terrible decisions lately imo
I don't even think that decision was in his hands. Fundora made the smart choice going for a pay day. Tszyu never waits around but if that decision was in his hands, you're right. Straight for the world title again.

I don't even think that decision was in his hands. Fundora made the smart choice going for a pay day. Tszyu never waits around but if that decision was in his hands, you're right. Straight for the world title again.
Fondura and his camp said they'd honour the rematch. Tim signed to fight ortiz instead

Tim's been incredibly active, a few extra months off probably do him good. A title gives you leverage, he's knackered with a loss here & he's underdog with the bookies so he's expected to lose more than he wins it. But even if he does win it he's just back to where he would have been had he waited. Big risk, very small reward

Fondura and his camp said they'd honour the rematch. Tim signed to fight ortiz instead

Tim's been incredibly active, a few extra months off probably do him good. A title gives you leverage, he's knackered with a loss here & he's underdog with the bookies so he's expected to lose more than he wins it. But even if he does win it he's just back to where he would have been had he waited. Big risk, very small reward
Tim's an underdog vs Ortiz? Odds and where? I'll get on.

edited - $2.10 on Sportsbet. Got to be joking, he'll smash Ortiz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon had Tszyu beat Fundora his odds vs Ortiz would have been around what they were for Fundora - $1.14

He lost that fight because of the cut. Man he should be around $1.20 to beat Ortiz. Load up time.

5v5 this weekend looks a ripper card. Wish they started a few hours later to better suit me waking up Sunday!

Ford/Ball, Ammo/Shareez, Wilder/Zhang, Hrgovic/Dubois all really good fights and really even Richards/Hutch is really good, just not on the formers level.

I've bet Richards but think that kicks off the card so won't be up early enough to watch. Will make sure I see the HW fights

Goodman headlining a No Limit card in July. Why'd he go all the way to Japan to call out Inoue to go and do this?

Wilson v Dib on the card and Barry Hall v Curtis Scott. Hall is very old, why is he doing this, will get stomped if its a real fight

Coming up this Saturday June 1st from Saudi.

Deontay Wilder vs Zhilei Zhang (Main event)

Matchroom vs Queensberry
Eddie Hearn vs Frank Warren
5 vs 5
& USA vs China
& USA vs UK

Daniel Dubois vs Filip Hrgovic
Hamzah Sheeraz vs Austin Williams
Dmitrii Bivol vs Malik Zinad
Raymond Ford vs Nick Ball
Willy Hutchinson vs Craig Richards

I'll happily watch it again. Though any boxing match booked for that far ahead is ambitious, so many things can change quickly, I'll check in Nov to still see if it's on.
Yeah they said October was confirmed for this just last week. Fury could put on and lose 60 pounds by xmas, I'll believe it's on again when the ring walks happen!

5v5 this weekend looks a ripper card. Wish they started a few hours later to better suit me waking up Sunday!

Ford/Ball, Ammo/Shareez, Wilder/Zhang, Hrgovic/Dubois all really good fights and really even Richards/Hutch is really good, just not on the formers level.

I've bet Richards but think that kicks off the card so won't be up early enough to watch. Will make sure I see the HW fights

It's what boxing needs cards that are good top to bottom, generally boxing has a good Main Event and the undercard is embarrassing. Saudi's are doing it the right way, only thing we need from them no is to be abit more lively in the crowd.

It's what boxing needs cards that are good top to bottom, generally boxing has a good Main Event and the undercard is embarrassing. Saudi's are doing it the right way, only thing we need from them no is to be abit more lively in the crowd.
Crowd was pretty good for Usyk/Fury. It'll never be like the UK but no worse than Vegas for atmosphere through the TV

Trouble with these cards is they're not profitable anywhere else. All these guys are earning headliner money, no one else but excellent turki can put these cards together... are bloody fun as long as they last though

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back