Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Or the strongest and most ready! Whatever 'most ready' means. Beveridge - playing 4d chess... while other coaches stick to footy!
Honestly, that message alone combined with today's performance should see him cleaning out his desk on Monday. What an embarrassment.

Because our midfield needs a ruck with a physical presence in the contest
I would take 10 sloppy handballs and kicks off the ground from a Nankervis type with a physical presence than 20 English link ups

That ship has sailed but I agree with you.

We need a different type of ruckman

I was stuck in traffic on the M1 with the Run 4 Kids blocking off 4 lanes. About 5 cars ahead of me I seen James Harmes jump out in the middle of the road and start legging it at 11am

IMG_0740.png

It's the lack of any tactical change at all that dooms Beveridge to his demise. Not one aspect of that performance gave me hope that we have progressed in ball movement, forward synergies or personnel matchups. The further the game progressed, Ground Hog Day became ever more evident. A very miserable afternoon at the G.

Yet again, no answer to the dominance of Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, May, and Lever.

Bev's game plan:
Kick it wide, then
Kick it along the boundary, then
Bomb it into the forward line, then
Watch the ball get moved out of the F50, just like a training drill.

Same old shit, just a different level.

Same old shit. Promise the world and deliver sweet FA

Couldn't hit a target inside 50 if their life depended on it

Totally embarrassing

It's a solid strategy to play Naughton deep on a guy who loves nothing better than to play a static game where he can use his bulk to advantage. So much for the pre-season games where he played high with stints through the middle. I guess that was just a bit of a lark and we should go with the tried and true playing him to Mays advantage. Yet again.

Of all the things that pissed me off with Beveridge today (and there was a multitude) it was leaving Naughton deep in the forward line for the entire ******* game.
A bit like the 2021 grand final when May had a suspect hammy and any coach worth a pinch of sh*t would have tried to run May up the ground. But no, the 'Sophisticated One' had him camped in the goal square.
Good to see Bevo is trying new tactics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the presser Bevo said he was surprised some of the guys who had pre seasons that he picked ahead of Daniel had bad games.

After watching McNeil and VDM for years, how could he have been surprised?

That’s all I need to hear. Did he honestly think these guys had miraculously transformed into quality consistent players over the stretch of one preseason? Jesus wept…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were Keystone Cops after the first 5 minutes.
No cohesion, fumbles galore, tackles shrugged off with ease, terrible disposal.
And worst of all.. no mongrel.
They should be embarrassed.

When is the real pressure going to come on Grant and Bains for giving this bloke an extension after a failed season and no evidence things have changed while the club has zero ability to pay him out

Not Bains conducting a review into himself and then hiring an external guy to conduct a joint review with him

Actually insane how many times Melbourne were able to kick it straight into the I50 after one hand ball from the centre bounce.

Same thing happens from their defensive 50, one kick down the middle and bang wide open field.

The lack of pressure is astounding. How can a professional team look so outnumbered time and time again? Is it fitness, tactics or something else?

It’s been happening for years now and watching other games, it doesn’t seem like many other clubs have the same issue.

So tiring watching the same thing happen over and over again.

Anyone wanna watch and recap the bevo presser I cannot be ****ed
basically said that most of the guys bar from Bramble who were great in the preseason didnt perform
that our d50 zone defence failed, they cut through us and that it will take a lot of work to fix it
Macrae still underdone, thats why he wasnt picked, and Daniel was forced to sub as others were better in the preseason but poorer today

Once i saw McNeil in the line up I knew it was going to be a Clown Show.

Midfield just couldn’t get going / too slow. We really should have changed it up and got West/Weightman in there to mix it up and got Naughton up the ground. Same shit really.

Actually insane how many times Melbourne were able to kick it straight into the I50 after one hand ball from the centre bounce.

Same thing happens from their defensive 50, one kick down the middle and bang wide open field.

The lack of pressure is astounding. How can a professional team look so outnumbered time and time again? Is it fitness, tactics or something else?

It’s been happening for years now and watching other games, it doesn’t seem like many other clubs have the same issue.

So tiring watching the same thing happen over and over again.
Amazing what happens when your first two disposals aren't backwards and sideways to guys running away from goal

That’s all I need to hear. Did he honestly think these guys had miraculously transformed into quality consistent players over the stretch of one preseason? Jesus wept…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He also outlined the reasons why we lost. Which makes you wonder not he can identify the reasons why can’t he do anything about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The Good (lol!) The Bad and the Beveridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back