The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

In a side that went from 11-4 to missing finals.

No one is questioning their talent. It’s always been about application of that talent.

So those 2 were solely responsible for the crash and the reason HRV despite you having no data whatsoever on any player’s HRV. Do you have a heat map to support this assumption?

Was it Wingard who couldn’t handle the workload & needed helicopter rescue on the New Zealand preseason trip ? Think it was his first preseason.

Was it Wingard who couldn’t handle the workload & needed helicopter rescue on the New Zealand preseason trip ? Think it was his first preseason.

Everyone was a noob in season 1

Port Adelaide’s first round pick draft pick Chad Wingard has survived a tough introduction to AFL football, bouncing back from a mountain bike fall during the team camp in New Zealand.
The 18 year-old - who was selected by the Power at pick six in last Thursday’s AFL National Draft - came off his bike on Wednesday while riding at Mt Peel, near Christchurch.
The fall left an already weary Wingard shaken but not seriously hurt. With his bike damaged by the mishap, he was taken by helicopter to the next check-point where he was given a replacement and rejoined his group. He then rode for a further four hours and completed the day’s activities.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2011-12-01/wingard-bounces-back-in-nz
Well you got the helicopter rescue right ..:D he fell off his bike ..:p

So he "piked out" by riding another 4 hours eh **** me people on here are embarrassing.
Port Adelaide’s first round pick draft pick Chad Wingard has survived a tough introduction to AFL football, bouncing back from a mountain bike fall during the team camp in New Zealand.
The 18 year-old - who was selected by the Power at pick six in last Thursday’s AFL National Draft - came off his bike on Wednesday while riding at Mt Peel, near Christchurch.
The fall left an already weary Wingard shaken but not seriously hurt. With his bike damaged by the mishap, he was taken by helicopter to the next check-point where he was given a replacement and rejoined his group. He then rode for a further four hours and completed the day’s activities.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2011-12-01/wingard-bounces-back-in-nz
Well you got the helicopter rescue right ..:D he fell off his bike ..:p
He fell off his bike cause he couldn’t hack it no more. Rode the next 4 hours in first gear going downhill (like I know he likes to do) out of shear embarrassment!!

In a side that went from 11-4 to missing finals.

No one is questioning their talent. It’s always been about application of that talent.

Regardless, top 6 as voted on by the coaches. So they voted both of them into the top 6 and didn't drop either of them all year for effort or performance issues.

If a player isn't applying his talent you'd think he'd either be dropped during the season or perform poorly in the B&F voting. You know I don't overly value the current coaching setup so maybe they just don't know what good football looks like, but 5th and 6th in the B&F is an overall positive indication from the coaches about how Polec and Wingard were playing.

You're really big on players sacrificing for one another. If Wingard and Polec are individualistic lazy trainers who are only out for themselves and who negatively impact the culture of the team, how would you feel as a teammate when the coaches play them all year then vote them up to the pointy end B&F? That sort of discipline and accountability starts from the top, and I don't even mean Hinkley, I mean Koch.

I wonder what Koch's HRV is like

I really don't understand the Polec bashing one. He left for money. He is open about that. He bagged the club's game plan. It deserves it. I don't think he has don't anything wrong.

I at least see why some have issues with Wingard, but lumping in Polec doesn't make sense.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't understand the Polec bashing one. He left for money. He is open about that. He bagged the club's game plan. It deserves it. I don't think he has don't anything wrong.

I at least see why some have issues with Wingard, but lumping in Polec doesn't make sense.

Sent from mTalk

Nah I'm more angry at Polec. Wingard was pushed, Polec jumped.

really
more money and years at another club you can't blame the guy

It's certainly not Stevens/Chaplin/Jacobs level of animosity, but I'm not quite unemotional enough to be entirely forgiving of a guy who left his childhood club for more money.

No one player doesn’t make a team, but they play a very big part. Do Richmond even make the 2017 GF without Dusty ?

Wingard standards slipped becouse they were allowed to, not every AFL player is a footy fanatic who wants to be the absolute best, it takes pushing for some players. As I’ve said many times, it took Robbie doing his ACL to become the professional he is today. Dustin Martin worked heavily with Choco when he was at Richmond to help build him into the player he is now.
When Wingard was being courted by GCS in his draft year he said he didn’t want to join a small startup club, he wanted to join a bigger club. He would have moved to Brisbane Lions if they drafted him. When Wingard joined us he said his goal was to play 100 games for Port and get his name on a locker and then move on to playing basketball on the big stage.
I think his enthusiasm started to wane once he reached his goal. Yes he went through the motions and his talent got him through but he needed another challenge. It didn’t end up being basketball on the big stage but Hawks on the big stage is a close second.

It is the responsibility of the coaches and management to set and apply standards and to get the best out of the players. Whilst I think that Ken had his balls cut off by the club, any person or group that tries to push talent out of the door because they are incapable of getting the best out of them should themselves be the ones that are dismissed.

And then separately there is the issue that whilst all of this was going on there was no transparency, and until the last second they were still going to try to sell him to us. And then there’s the impact that this mismanagement has had on the rest of the group, and on our results since 2014.

I am certain now that we are going nowhere until this group is held to account, and whilst there is a group of supporters that feel similarly, that is not happening.

Sent from mTalk
I didnt know he'd bagged the game plan. When was this? It's about time the players did.

It is the responsibility of the coaches and management to set and apply standards and to get the best out of the players. Whilst I think that Ken had his balls cut off by the club, any person or group that tries to push talent out of the door because they are incapable of getting the best out of them should themselves be the ones that are dismissed.

And then separately there is the issue that whilst all of this was going on there was no transparency, and until the last second they were still going to try to sell him to us. And then there’s the impact that this mismanagement has had on the rest of the group, and on our results since 2014.

I am certain now that we are going nowhere until this group is held to account, and whilst there is a group of supporters that feel similarly, that is not happening.
So what actual action are you undertaking to hold them to account?
Just curious.

I didnt know he'd bagged the game plan. When was this? It's about time the players did.
His first interview he gave after he signed with North. Think it was with FootySA/Trade Show guys on 9 and was with Kane. He wasn't in the studio, in a park and was wearing a black t-shirt - if you are doing a video search.

Regardless, top 6 as voted on by the coaches. So they voted both of them into the top 6 and didn't drop either of them all year for effort or performance issues.

If a player isn't applying his talent you'd think he'd either be dropped during the season or perform poorly in the B&F voting. You know I don't overly value the current coaching setup so maybe they just don't know what good football looks like, but 5th and 6th in the B&F is an overall positive indication from the coaches about how Polec and Wingard were playing.

You're really big on players sacrificing for one another. If Wingard and Polec are individualistic lazy trainers who are only out for themselves and who negatively impact the culture of the team, how would you feel as a teammate when the coaches play them all year then vote them up to the pointy end B&F? That sort of discipline and accountability starts from the top, and I don't even mean Hinkley, I mean Koch.

I wonder what Koch's HRV is like

The coaches would vote on the performance of the players during games. Sacrificing for teammates would turn a 15 vote game into a 20 vote game. I look at how many games those two didn’t poll a vote in and you realise that the most talented players should be in the top three.

What I see with those results is a fractured playing group that refused to work for two players that wouldn’t work themselves, and a coaching staff that was doing everything they could to motivate two players to be the best they could be.

And when the choice came to sacrifice and work hard to regain the respect of their teammates, so that those players would run in support of them instead of being stationary, both chose to bail.

Two Steamin’ Willie Beamens.

Sent from mTalk

Isn't the goal to win premierships and everything else comes second?
People see loyalty as being a valuable trait. Everyone loves one club players for that reason. People making money their first priority in sport will always be jeered for it because there's no honour in it.

It’s just that I am as pissed off as anyone but I’m not willing to cripple the club by not paying my membership. I might miss a few games this year in protest if things on field don’t improve. I have emailed my dismay and anger a couple of times.
Just because I am saying there needs to be some balance in the Wingard situation doesn’t mean I am letting the club off the hook. And by the way, I like the lad, he’s a nice bloke but now he has gone to the Hawks I wonkt be watching him, cheering him on or wishing him well.

Remove this Banner Ad

The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back