The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching staff and administrators.

I would have thought list managers would have had more say than administrators.
Particularly when they had some big targets in the draft.

Trading Wingard on our terms was one of the shrewdest plays we've made as a club in a long time.

Coaching staff and administrators.

Let me guess. They had to trade him out before Schoefield came in because they were scarede Schoey could turn him into a star ?

Wingard was a petulant disinterested little shit who didn't chase and bitched to the umpires nonstop. Though quite a few of our players are still disinterested, he was the worst of them. I fully support them moving him. There are things the club has royally ****ed, but that trade was not one. Not even Clarkson has got the best out of Chad.

I'd have him back for the lols if anything, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Wingard on our terms was one of the shrewdest plays we've made as a club in a long time.
Very true and we can get him back cheap, 2 years up forward to kick some goals after Gray is gone.

It's not like Williams is bashing the door down.

Trading him on our terms sounds like we were in control, but it included scapegoating the living hell out of him and tanking his trade value.

Even if it's ended up being a fairly good trade because Wingard hasn't taken off, going from AA in 2015 and leading goalkicker in 2016 to being publicly pushed out of the club was very much down to our mismanagement of him as a player and person. Wingard would have been worth 2x top 10 picks in 2016. In 2018 we're trading him for relative peanuts.

The administration and coaching fell over themselves to blame him as a player for having plateaued, and as usual with this club, no key decision maker was held accountable in any way whatsoever for Wingard going from arguably the most valuable player in the league in 2015 to being traded for pick 15 and a talented half back flanker.

Shitting on Wingard as supporters because the Hawks have necessarily gone for a full rebuild is dumb. We didn't properly address why he didn't kick on and remain as one of the best players in the league and we still don't address things like that now as a club.

The reason Wingard stagnated and the reason got our arses handed to us in a home prelim are actually the same thing. As soon as the club recognises this we might be good again one day.

Wingard was a petulant disinterested little sh*t who didn't chase and bitched to the umpires nonstop. Though quite a few of our players are still disinterested, he was the worst of them. I fully support them moving him. There are things the club has royally f’ed, but that trade was not one. Not even Clarkson has got the best out of Chad.

I'd have him back for the lols if anything, though.
Pick him up to play forward and kick goals only, Gray is done.

Shitting on Wingard as supporters because the Hawks have necessarily gone for a full rebuild is dumb. We didn't properly address why he didn't kick on and remain as one of the best players in the league and we still don't address things like that now as a club.

The reason Wingard stagnated and the reason got our arses handed to us in a home prelim are actually the same thing. As soon as the club recognises this we might be good again one day.
As soon as someone is out the door the exaggerated crap starts, the reality is most players at Port plateau or worse under this regime.

So sick of the wingard sh*t , will be 4 years by next Jan, move on
The Wingard shit is being talked about because he can be gotten for a lot less than we got for him.

I would be in favour of bringing him back if the club felt we are still in a premiership window, if not we need to be looking at players that will be playing their best footy in 2024 - 2025.

Mind you the club thought we were top 4 material way back when KT was here.

Remove this Banner Ad

The graveyard thread for endless off topic posturing on persons causing bi-polar responses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back