The Heat....

Remove this Banner Ad

KENT2008

All Australian
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Besides having air con does anybody have tips on staying cool?
Would like to hear of the more unorthodox ways people do to stay cool.

A few come to mind that I have seen and heard friends do:

-Freezing wet towels/water bottles
-Sleeping on the floorboards

or how about:

14vr60i.jpg

Yeah its shit. Only have ducted Heating at home, and an AC in the corner of the ****ing dining area where no one ever goes. Waiting on a quote for my an AC to be added to my ducted heating.

Grab a book, go down to the Bottle shop and hide behind a stack of cartons in the coolroom. When you get kicked out, move on to another one. You may be tempted to partake of the product while you are there. DON'T.

Grab a book, go down to the Bottle shop and hide behind a stack of cartons in the coolroom. When you get kicked out, move on to another one. You may be tempted to partake of the product while you are there. DON'T.

I am but a man.. I don't have that kind of self control.

That said the heat can eff off, though down here its probably mild for most of you mainlanders.

Crazy weather in Adelaide today. Hit 45 degrees earlier today before a thunderstorm rolled through around an hour ago. Started a shitload of grass fires in the hills. Luckily got a bit of rain to dampen things and the wind never really picked up. Was 38 degrees at Mt Lofty around 2pm, now only 24 with humidity at 50%.

Check out the current situation: http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/news_media/current_incidents.jsp

Also, some data for the weather nerds: http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS60901/IDS60901.95678.shtml

I think a lot of it is in the mind. I've developed a way to be comfortable enough on hot days without the A/C going just by thinking of other things anfd forgetting about the heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go out and buy an Industrial fan. It like living next to the airport.......You get used to the sound after a while. I remember going to primary school one day and one of the nerds had attached a fan to his hat........Bloody genius

Yeah factories or working in a hot kitchen would have to be the worst places to be atm. Or out on court at the Aus Open.

The only thing, if you don't have A/C is to utilise the places that have good AC, ie. Shopping centres, movies cinemas (cinemas imo have the best AC), libraries... or even the gym!!! Well the gym I go to has got great AC anyway..

Guy in the butchers back from Moomba, as cool as you like said 40 here is a cool change compared to 50 there.

wrapped a wet shirt around my head and have the fan on full blast right on me. If I had a kiddie pool I'd have half a mind to fill it in my lounge room and just chill in front of the tv for the rest of the week.

The only thing, if you don't have A/C is to utilise the places that have good AC, ie. Shopping centres, movies cinemas (cinemas imo have the best AC), libraries... or even the gym!!! Well the gym I go to has got great AC anyway..
This is what I did, only downside is having to drive a car without air con to get there. My gym has no air con so it sucks in summer...

If u keep the back of your neck cool. u can keep your body temperature cooler. put tea towels or hand towels in the freezer for a while.. then put them on your neck. You'd be amazed how much better u feel..

Also wrap them around your wrists. That helps alot too.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Heat....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back