FTA-TV The Hollowmen

Remove this Banner Ad

This is...shit. I saw the first week and I just finished watching last weeks, so maybe I missed the good episode - but everything I have seen so far has been terrible. Yeah, politics is full of spin and compromise and you can't shoot straight. I get that. I got that when I was 10 from the re-runs of Yes, Minister on the ABC. I found it funny when I watched Wag the Dog. I don't find it - and that's it because there have been no actualy scripted jokes so far - funny anymore. Neither do I find Rob and Santo staggering around being clueless hilarious anymore.

People on here are right when they say Working Dog has talent. Pity they decided that instead of using it they would just strip mine old shows for material.

Thought the first week was average, thought the second episode was an improvement, thought last night's slipped back to average again. Although updated and Australianised, the concept is a blatant rip off of Yes Minister. Working Dog have become very smug with their own percieved cleverness, but ever since the Panel I have found their members overtly full of themselves, their intellect and self importance. After 3 episodes I have found the humor increasingly repetitive. I actually think this concept would have worked much better if it was a drama with smatterings of comedy in it rather than try and be a complete satire, because based on the evidence so far, going down this road is quite obviously a stretch.

Last night's ep was too repetitive for my taste - ep 2 was far superior.

I've also decided that the show could actually do without Rob Sitch in front of the camera. All the other actors are their character, but Rob I can't help but see as 'Rob Sitch playing...'. Perhaps I've seen too much stuff involving him over the years but I actually think I'd prefer to see this show without Rob (and Santo for that matter) on camera.

This is...shit. I saw the first week and I just finished watching last weeks, so maybe I missed the good episode - but everything I have seen so far has been terrible. Yeah, politics is full of spin and compromise and you can't shoot straight. I get that. I got that when I was 10 from the re-runs of Yes, Minister on the ABC. I found it funny when I watched Wag the Dog. I don't find it - and that's it because there have been no actualy scripted jokes so far - funny anymore. Neither do I find Rob and Santo staggering around being clueless hilarious anymore.

People on here are right when they say Working Dog has talent. Pity they decided that instead of using it they would just strip mine old shows for material.

have to agree.

Really been the same joke repeated for three weeks now and that joke is as old as time itself.

OK, clearly the rule is that the even numbered episodes are the pissers.

Absolutely hilarious tonight:thumbsu::D

"Working families" coming out of the focus group made me rofl.

Had a few moments. "BLAH? Broadband...A is for Agriculture?'

Still, this was the basic joke of the episode repeated at least 30 times:

Spin Doctor 1: Let's fool the public with cliche politico speak!
Spin Doctor 2: Lol k.

OK, clearly the rule is that the even numbered episodes are the pissers.

Absolutely hilarious tonight:thumbsu::D

"Working families" coming out of the focus group made me rofl.

i agree. I laughed the hardest and most often tonight out of all the eps.

And I started watching it whilst sitting on the floor, so..... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, the situation with russia and georgia must be serious... apparently australia is "urging" calm!

in all seriousness, i'm not sure i like the hollowmen as much any more - as a public servant myself, the previous episode just cut too close to home. how they're so accurate with the way things work in the public service blows my mind.

Hakuna No-tata!

Haha :D

Phillip and Warren keep getting better.

They're great.

Did anyone else notice 'Phillip' in 'Very Small Business'?

He played the angry juice shop owner, which was a fair jump from the 'Phillip' character.
He made both characters very believable, which is the sign of a good actor.

BTW I'm pretty sure the guy who plays 'Warren' was a grand champion on 'Temptation' a couple of years ago, walking away with close to $700k.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Hollowmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back