List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

But wouldn’t playing it down the line be him saying he only wants to come to us?

....just said have no problems with Freo all players have a preference mine is West Coast . Hoping a fair deal goes through .
Interviewer tried to keep at the Freo question but no real answer just that he has no ( mumble , missed it ) with Fremantle .

People overstating the statements made about Freo

Q: Why did you choose WC
A: I've spoken to the appropriate people about that and don't feel the need to share it
Q: Would you play for Freo
A: I have no issue with Freo as a club, most people have preferences these days and mine is West Coast
Q: Geelong seemed pretty disappointed at your trade request
A: Well, I guess I am a pretty important player, they have every right to expect a good trade and here's hoping it get's done.

I would say he has absolutely no intention of playing for Freo next year. He was simply being polite and didn't want to badmouth them in public.

He reaffirmed his desire to play for WC. Full steam ahead, lads. Kelly will be an Eagle in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think he said anything like he wouldn't mind going to freo... he said he has no issues with their football club. I don't think that necessarily means they're being considered at all. I actually think it sounded pretty positive for us.

Promising interview and first few words by TK, he was prepared for the questions.

You can tell him and his management are handling it better than last year. Clear preference is West Coast, without bagging out Fremantle.

Media just building it up for a story. It would be stupid for both Geelong and WCE to drag this out, and just delay other trade plans.

According to the age, conversations started here in Melbourne during the combine. As expected, West Coast is trying to get a top 10 pick;

"The latest round of negotiations began with the two clubs having informal discussions last weekat Melbourne Park, squeezing a chat in the minimal time available between conducting about 20 interviews a day with draft prospects.

Some parameters were established but, once again, the Eagles start without a hand (they have picks 14, 24 and 33 as well as future picks) that looks that attractive to the Cats, who are interested in top-10 picks, with pick 10 being their highest draft selection since 2006 when they chose Joel Selwood at pick seven."

But wouldn’t playing it down the line be him saying he only wants to come to us?
Didn’t work last year. Maybe keeping everything “open” increases the chances of it just being a typical trade request. Handled better this year.. “have no grudges against Freo but I want to play for West Coast”.. doesn’t need to give reasons, that’s just the club he prefers and everyone can mind their business. The same way Lobb, Wilson etc preferred Freo and we had no issues pulling out.

Apologies if this has been written elsewhere, but Craig Hutchinson said today there were whispers we were in conversations with the hawks and that the initial conversations were we trade pick 33 and 24 to Hawks for there pick 11 as hawks need points for father son. We trade 11 and 14 to Cats and a 2020 2nd rounder and we get Kelly and Cats 2019 second rounder (36). Both Liam Pickering and Hutchy said 11 & 14 should be fine
Reckon this sounds reasonable if it occurs, as essentially we lose picks 14, 22 and 33 for TK

Apologies if this has been written elsewhere, but Craig Hutchinson said today there were whispers we were in conversations with the hawks and that the initial conversations were we trade pick 33 and 24 to Hawks for there pick 11 as hawks need points for father son. We trade 11 and 14 to Cats and a 2020 2nd rounder and we get Kelly and Cats 2019 second rounder (36). Both Liam Pickering and Hutchy said 11 & 14 should be fine
Reckon this sounds reasonable if it occurs, as essentially we lose picks 14, 22 and 33 for TK
WillieNillie

Apparently now he doesn’t mind going to Freo but prefers us, have a bad feeling about this and now Geelong will play even harder 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thats ok, ultimately if we dont get him then we keep our picks. We cant really lose.

Cats are the ones that can lose out because if he goes in draft they lose him for nothing.

If he goes to Freo, they will have to give 6 and 7, which isnt a bargain by any means

So Kelly says to Geelong I'm breaking up with you but,
she won't let you unless you find her another boyfriend with the not just the same size but a larger .........
meanwhile Dockers think your now single and even though you said no to her last year because she is a creepy mole and clearly you've just said no again
she is going to sleep in her car in your driveway until you wilt or call the police.
meanwhile all Kelly wants is the West Coast girl with the BOOTY

this is a movie waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back