The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really rate City and you're getting us at the right time with Elrich, Isaias and possibly Sanchez out.
Should be a cracker. Wouldn't be surprised if you guys make the final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see City finally prove my doubts wrong! One of the biggest wins in the club's history I reckon.
But will it finally keep away all the JVS detractors?
To get the best out of this group could not be easy, but he is a great tactician. Our previous weakness of scoring is well and truly past history, and he has melded together a perfect defensive unit. And Connor Chapman still to make his return.
It doesn't hurt that we have the best list in the A-League, easily from my reckoning, but nevertheless, it all needs to be put together.
Keeping Harry cool will win us the comp this season, imho.

So Brisbane have MVictory at home
West Sydney have Newcastle away

And then next week is huge is absolutely huge...

MCity v Brisbane
Wsw v Adelaide
IIRC, Roar is the only team of note that we have not beaten. A draw, a loss. Would love to get that scalp next week.
Interesting as we previously had a great record against them.

So Brisbane have MVictory at home
West Sydney have Newcastle away

And then next week is huge is absolutely huge...

MCity v Brisbane
Wsw v Adelaide
Newcastle win and we can jump to 1st next week theoretically.

Newcastle win and we can jump to 1st next week theoretically.

A win on Friday will put us in top spot temporarily, regardless of the result with Western Sydney. This is I believe our third opportunity in eight weeks to go top of the table and we can't keep squandering these chances.

Perhaps even more importantly in the Wanderers v Jets game is if the Jets win, our destiny is in our own hands (i.e. if we won our final four games, there is no realistic way we wouldn't win the league).

As long as we keep winning, we'll probably be hoping our old mates, the Victory, can do us a favour or two by getting wins (or certainly at least draws) against WSW and BR (x2).

I've always been pretty confident that the defence would sort itself out. Sorensen in goals, Wilkinson and Kisnorbo in central defence (with Hughes and Chapman now available as cover, Franjic at RB (Retre can cover there) and Malik (and Paartalu before him) as the defensive midfielder. Zullo has been a little disappointing to me, not locking down the LB spot and Garuccio is still a little suspect there, with Clisby as a bit of a forgotten option as a LB/CB. We've definitely got more than enough cattle there fit and available.

And with Wilkinson and Kisnorbo looking rock solid in the XI, I hope Chapman and Hughes are doing absolutely everything to fight their way back into the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back