The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Victory collapse last night, especially with Berisha making a flog of himself again with his goal celebration, was an absolute pleasure.
Was glorious! Especially when to close out a multi you've got Roar to win /both teams to score for a $300 collect. I couldn't believe my luck.

So sad that I was just outside the Stadium when Bruno opened the scoring (bloody Vline) but what a fantastic result. Tuna was incredible but the whole team stood up. Bring on Adelaide

Hmmmm. Harry's appeal started at 6pm and still no word. Been going on for close to an hour and a half. Hope that's a good sign.

Never anything more certain than Berisha getting off and Novillo not:

HARRY Novillo is out of Melbourne City’s semi-final against Adelaide on Friday night after failing to have his two-match kicking ban overturned by the A-League’s independent disciplinary committee on Tuesday night.

The three-man panel dismissed Novillo’s submission that he was off balance when he threw his leg out during a heated half time melee between City and Adelaide players in the Round 27 match at AAMI Park on April 8.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...s/news-story/5481c0d2ee5a3085bb900b8fc18143b0

I mean, you couldn't make this stuff up...
...the disciplinary committee reasoned that the simple extension of his leg in the direction of opposition players could be determined as “excessive force”.
:confused:o_O:drunk:

Look, I think even you guys would have to call bullshit if he got off. Just because Dogboy got off with bullshit lies doesn't make it right.
It's a massive f*** up by the independent review body and from what I've heard the FFA were furious that Berisha got off.
Can't blame you all for being pi$$ed off though.

It was the correct decision.
Berisha on the other hand, that was a farce of the highest order. The fact Durante want even called to give evidence proves how corrupt the system is.
Both should have copped two weeks, end of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be there.
Would loved to have stayed for the Cats game also, but have to work early Sunday.
Nice Vdubs. I seriously considered it when it lined up with the Cats game but couldn't make it happen.

Geez I hope City can win this game. I really think we can. Adelaide will deservedly start favorites after having a week off, but we have had the wood on them in 2016 - and with Bruno & Mooy in rare touch we can definitely take this game

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back