Workshop The Moscow Generals - design help!

Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Moscow Generals/Elbow/Shooters - design help!

Dear all,

I'm starting an official footy comp in Moscow next year, and we've got two teams currently being formed. We're doing the designs ourselves.

We've completed a jumper and logo for one of the teams, but are completely stuck on the other!

The team is the Moscow Generals, and we are trying to concoct something with army green and red (like the Russian army colours), but nothing's working.

If anyone would like to contribute a few ideas, that would be amazing. Doesn't have to be the colours I suggested above, could be anything. Also, it could be simple (stripes/vee/etc) or something more funky. In any case, it'll be better than what we've been able to achieve!

If we decide to adopt one of your designs, I'm prepared to offer one of the guernseys as a prize, but it wouldn't be until mid next year, plus it would be a hefty shipping charge from Russia. Also, anything can happen between now and then. So I can't promise anything concrete, but if everything goes right, then we'll somehow get the guernsey to you.

Cheers!

quick recolour of a Greensboro Generals logo.
2il0t9l.jpg

quick recolour of a Greensboro Generals logo.
2il0t9l.jpg

No idea they even existed! Thought "the Generals" would be unique.. :mad:

Anyway, if anyone's interested, in Russian, "the Generals" looks like this:

ГЕНЕРАЛЫ

Moscow is:

МОСКВА

The AFL league is called:

ФАФР

And the logo of the league is any of these (better with the Cyrillic letters though):

aflrjumperpatch.jpg

aflrussiamainlogo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've decided to go with 2 shades of red instead of red and green because green made the jumper too Christmasy.

MoscowGeneralsLogo.png

MoscowGeneralsUniform.png

I reused my GC design for the jumper but I figure it's got a bigger chance of actually being used if I post it here.
Also, sorry to everyone else that used this star but it was the only thing I could see working for this idea.

Privet Moscow Hawk.

Colours: Red, white and blue ( as per the Russian flag)

Emblem : MG ( in cyrillic of course)

Similar uniform: SS with the white and red part similar to that of SS and a blue V inbetween the red and the white.

Da Svidanya

Update:

The second Moscow team has been decided upon! The second official Moscow AFL club will be known as:

THE MOSCOW ELBOW
АФК ЛОКОТЬ

(In b4 wtf)

Although, considering the "Shinboners" history, it may not be too strange...

They've set a bloody design task though, trying to come up with something that fits such a bizarre name... Might just give them the NMFC guernsey and be done with it...

PS: Once again, thanks to all who contributed to the post. We have not yet decided upon a final design for the Generals, but I'll let you all know as soon as that happens.

Update:

The second Moscow team has been decided upon! The second official Moscow AFL club will be known as:

THE MOSCOW ELBOW
АФК ЛОКОТЬ

(In b4 wtf)

Although, considering the "Shinboners" history, it may not be too strange...

They've set a bloody design task though, trying to come up with something that fits such a bizarre name... Might just give them the NMFC guernsey and be done with it...

WOW, that is just strange, even Shinboners is normal in comparison.

The only logo Idea I have for a logo (and it only works in english) is to have the L in elbow replaced by a silhouette of an elbow.

Again, wow, just wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop The Moscow Generals - design help!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back