Game Day The nearly trustworthy Dogs V The untrustworthy Lion 7/6/24 Marvel 7.40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After the past 4 games 3 wins and a more than honourable loss the dogs are nearly trustworthy again. The biggest problem being the combined injuries of Astro, Darcy, Cody and Red. With one of Darcy and Astro and one of Red or Cody I would be super confident of victory. If we get the same effort as the last 4 weeks I still think we can get over line (lions).

G'day dogs fans

You certainly have a few out, and theoretically hard to kick a winning score against our defence which has been the one reasonable part of our game. We have no excuses on the injury front despite our own outs as most of them are out for the year so you can't keep banging on about them.

But our mids are so hot and cold and our forwards either poor in general or missing easy shots, i have very little confidence.

English / Bontempelli / Treloar / Liberatore is still a high quality starting midfield, although i guess some question marks over Libba after a long absesnce. Neale going well for us as is Oscar, Dunkley and berry okay numbers without much damage, McCluggage inconsistent.

If we somehow win it would be at least breaking even in midfield, Berry or Dunkley clamping bontempelli, and at least one of Daniher or Cameron hitting their straps. Both way down on goals this year.

Bont definitely key given Richards out and Libba off a long break. JUH i can see kicking a few - he is great on the lead and his likely opponent Payne is great 1-1 in a strength contest but not as good at defending on the lead. Harris Andrews should be able to handle Lobb. Not sure which small forward most likely to bob up without Weightman? West maybe?

Any midfield taggers this year? Teams should be tagging neale, he is more important to us than ever with Lyons done and Ashcroft out.

G'day dogs fans

You certainly have a few out, and theoretically hard to kick a winning score against our defence which has been the one reasonable part of our game. We have no excuses on the injury front despite our own outs as most of them are out for the year so you can't keep banging on about them.

But our mids are so hot and cold and our forwards either poor in general or missing easy shots, i have very little confidence.

English / Bontempelli / Treloar / Liberatore is still a high quality starting midfield, although i guess some question marks over Libba after a long absesnce. Neale going well for us as is Oscar, Dunkley and berry okay numbers without much damage, McCluggage inconsistent.

If we somehow win it would be at least breaking even in midfield, Berry or Dunkley clamping bontempelli, and at least one of Daniher or Cameron hitting their straps. Both way down on goals this year.

Bont definitely key given Richards out and Libba off a long break. JUH i can see kicking a few - he is great on the lead and his likely opponent Payne is great 1-1 in a strength contest but not as good at defending on the lead. Harris Andrews should be able to handle Lobb. Not sure which small forward most likely to bob up without Weightman? West maybe?

Any midfield taggers this year? Teams should be tagging neale, he is more important to us than ever with Lyons done and Ashcroft out.

Not Me No GIF by Rosanna Pansino

hope im wrong but im tipping Brisbane,
think we'll have another slow start but this time the lead will be unassailable.

G'day dogs fans

We very rarely tag. Last week was the first time in a while I've seen our mids target an opposition player after it was getting out of hand in the first half.

G'day dogs fans

A pretty good assessment. I can see Cameron kicking plenty without an obvious match up. Duryea is 3 years older since he last went to Cameron up at the Gabba that wonderful evening in 21. I can’t see an obvious match up for him so trouble there for us.

I think we are relying on the Bont to single handedly pull us across the line, of which he is a good chance of doing so. Cheers.

Random issue - I cant transfer my ticket to anyone. It's my usual reserved seat in the social club, I transfer it plenty and never seen this before. The Transfer button is greyed out on both the app and web views.

Given ticketmaster have rotating barcodes now I don't think screenshotting off google wallet will work, and they blank the screenshots from the ticketmaster site too. Anyone seen this before?

Random issue - I cant transfer my ticket to anyone. It's my usual reserved seat in the social club, I transfer it plenty and never seen this before. The Transfer button is greyed out on both the app and web views.

Given ticketmaster have rotating barcodes now I don't think screenshotting off google wallet will work, and they blank the screenshots from the ticketmaster site too. Anyone seen this before?
Yeah same thing happened to me at the Essendon game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have to transfer it before gameday. I had this issue too.

Feel like we’re due a customary dogs game, hope it’s not tonight.
It's a good point. Certainly not an easy game against last year's grand finalists even if they've been down on form lately. If we must lose let's still put in a spirited effort where we can see the coaches and the players really gave it their best shot. It shouldn't be all just moaning about our injury list (although injuries never help). We've got 23 pretty capable players running out tonight.

It's a test for the coaching brigade AND the 23 players.

So often we think they've turned the corner and they suddenly put in a shocker.
It's why I'm still holding fire on anointing Bevo coach-for-life.

I feel crook for saying this but I'd honestly forgive a belting tonight.

We're desperate for the bye, we're playing a team who's coming off their second bye and really need to get rolling.

We're desperate for the bye, we're playing a team who's coming off their second bye and really need to get rolling.

Yeah, it’s a level playing field.

I’m just a little bit concerned we might have reached our tipping point with all the outs decimating the forward line.

What?! Dont we still have another game before the bye?

Really hope Sanders isn’t the sub. Needs game time. Was good last week. Keep building him up and it’ll repay us in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back