Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that this is clearly part of the military support DPRK is providing Russia, and I agree that Russia (and to a lesser extent China) are now being put in a position where it's in their interest to have 'more control' over Pyongyang.

That's a bad thing for the West. Before the DPRK was genuinely isolated and the West COULD plausibly say they are a rogue state with no friends etc.

Russia and China bringing the DPRK and huge arsenal as well as large amounts of natural resources and cheap labour pool onside certainly adds to their capabilities.

But, where you and I differ; I think this comes across as geopolitically desperate, and is far more 'risk' than 'reward' for Russia.

It is certainly risky, the Kim hereditary regime is paranoid and ruthless. Its taken as a given you see everything as bad and desperate by Russia though.

Somehow I don't think Russia will be able to effectively 'control' DPRK

China has more to worry about there.

and I sincerely doubt Putin would love the idea of any sort of Pacific 'front' opening in the conflict because Kim Jong Un has clumsily dragged Russia into it.

The only country desperately trying to create a Pacific front is the United States.

Well, the Ukranian Prosecutor General's office is a clearly an unimpeachably neutral source of information hey.

Yeah, I think they'd probably be the best source considering the missiles are being launched at them. Yes.

Yeah, I think they'd probably be the best source considering the missiles are being launched at them. Yes.

You don't actually believe this do you? They're lying to make their enemy look bad man, come on.

The best source would be Russian troops firing the things complaining they don't work.

The best source would be Russian troops firing the things complaining they don't work.

What an "unimpeachably neutral source of information hey"?

Because Russia is famously cool with allowing Russian citizens to speak openly about the war...

What an "unimpeachably neutral source of information hey"?

Nah, it'd be more stuff they share on social, which they do a lot, especially complaining about stuff that doesn't work lol.

Its all there if you want to see it.

Because Russia is famously cool with allowing Russian citizens to speak openly about the war...

Yes, I specifically said troops not journalists.

Point is this time last year official Ukranian sources were bragging about their upcoming offensive that was going to smash through to Crimea etc.

My point is that the Ukranians aren't a neutral source on whether North Korean shells work or not.

Tbh, you seem weirdly hung up on this North Korean shells issue fwiw, you've brought it up a few times, I think it plays into the unconscious racism you display all the time re Russia et al in this conflict.

The reality is the shells Russia is firing are working in enough numbers to have smashed the Ukranian counter offensive, pushed them out of their fortress in Adviivka and now have them retreating from another front in Kharkiv.

(And the US repression of media and individuals over protesting the genocide in Gaza has once and for all removed any moral high ground on this FREEDOM issue, so its probably best you give it a spell for a while)

Turns out Australia doesn't take kindly to criticism of its wars either.

Nothing to see here :hamburger:

There was no discernible change to training between Australia and the United States in the period between March 2021 and April 2022 as a result of the Leahy Law.

Defence provided assurances to the United States that Defence was implementing the recommendations resulting from the Afghanistan Inquiry and the matter was closed by the United States on 17 March 2022.

Nothing to see here :hamburger:

There was no discernible change to training between Australia and the United States in the period between March 2021 and April 2022 as a result of the Leahy Law.

Defence provided assurances to the United States that Defence was implementing the recommendations resulting from the Afghanistan Inquiry and the matter was closed by the United States on 17 March 2022.

Completely, he's being brutalised to prove a point, same as Assange.

It makes all the squeaking about RuSsIaN jOuRnAliStS even more pathetic.

What's your take on the new Russian offensive in the north?

I'll have a bite on these! :D

Seems from troop numbers there's no immediate plan to attempt taking the city in any serious way, I'm assuming it's just a continuation of forcing Ukraine to divert their very thin reserves as thinly as possible across their defensive lines. Force what elite units they have left to run around like headless chooks, then gradually start turning that front line into looking more like a pincer.

From what I've read, corruption ate most of the money Ukraine was given to construct lines of defence behind the ones they launched their 'counter-offensive' from, so if the front line starts falling, I'm not sure there's a lot left to stop Russia starting to advance much easier than they have before.

Could be a very eventful summer, could be that they're happy to just keep minimising their losses and continuing to attrite Ukraine at levels it can't possibly sustain.

Shoigu being promoted out of Defence and being replaced by Belousov is very interesting too.

This is fascinating...one batch of takes I'm reading is that this is a prepatory move for Shoigu eventually playing a governing role in newly acquired former Ukrainian territories (which suggests they eventually assume to take far more territory), another batch of takes insists that this is the beginning of a take down of the entire Shoigu clan and all associated with it.

Belousov seems universally well regarded, read he's an absolute drone fanatic - an interesting twist in the biography of an 'economist.'

Given Belousov's training and experience, it suggests Russia is planning to increase military production even more.

Definitely, they're going long haul, have been since the start.

Western governments have at least got around to putting their orders in for the next few years...sorta, kinda!

Most of them (current politicians) will be long gone by the time the public realise the majority of the orders can't be filled due to a total lack of Western industrial capacity...the same lack of capacity it would realistically take a decade or three of serious effort to fix. ;)

This is tragic beyond belief. The Song is a scathing criticism of the US ffs

(Does he play it when he visits Saudi lol)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real question is what percentage of Israeli society agrees with him and I'd say its terrifyingly high.

Wider Israeli society has become hard right in the last two decades thanks to Sharon and Bibi.

The old days of your Shimon Peres type Labour Zionists are loooong gone.

I'll have a bite on these! :D

Seems from troop numbers there's no immediate plan to attempt taking the city in any serious way, I'm assuming it's just a continuation of forcing Ukraine to divert their very thin reserves as thinly as possible across their defensive lines. Force what elite units they have left to run around like headless chooks, then gradually start turning that front line into looking more like a pincer.

Yes, that appears to be the play, suggestion is another one incusrion/pincer incoming toward Sumy soon.

Imo the only city they'll genuinely fight for and want to hold as Russian territory is Odessa. They'll need Kherson to guarantee Odessa too.

From what I've read, corruption ate most of the money Ukraine was given to construct lines of defence behind the ones they launched their 'counter-offensive' from, so if the front line starts falling, I'm not sure there's a lot left to stop Russia starting to advance much easier than they have before.

Let's be honest, any sane Ukranian is right npw stealing whatever they can to try and have an escape/buy off the Russians fund for the inevitable fall - and they were stealing like Geelong administrators left alone in the budget room already.

Could be a very eventful summer, could be that they're happy to just keep minimising their losses and continuing to attrite Ukraine at levels it can't possibly sustain.

I've read elsewhere that they were ultra cautious on their defence in winter 2022 into spring 2023 - built the Surovikin Line about five times as dense as turned out to ne needed - so they will conduct their attack the same way.

This is fascinating...one batch of takes I'm reading is that this is a prepatory move for Shoigu eventually playing a governing role in newly acquired former Ukrainian territories (which suggests they eventually assume to take far more territory), another batch of takes insists that this is the beginning of a take down of the entire Shoigu clan and all associated with it.

Shoigu has never done anything to warrant the wrath of Putin, and Gauletier of Novorussiya is a nice laurel to end his career.

Belousov seems universally well regarded, read he's an absolute drone fanatic - an interesting twist in the biography of an 'economist.'

Anyone who understands modern economics let alone warfare is ...

Most of them (current politicians) will be long gone by the time the public realise the majority of the orders can't be filled due to a total lack of Western industrial capacity...the same lack of capacity it would realistically take a decade or three of serious effort to fix. ;)

I saw elsewhere, will try and find the link, that US weapons companies are using the incoming funding from Congress to fund share buybacks lolololol.

Tell us again about Russia's corrupt oligarchy.

The Aus Greens Palestinian resolution

That's good. Probably even a little better than I'd hoped for.

Where'd you get it? I can't find it on the Greens website and I want to share it with a few other people.

That's good. Probably even a little better than I'd hoped for.

Where'd you get it? I can't find it on the Greens website and I want to share it with a few other people.
A mate of mine sent it to me so I searched it up to check if it was authentic. First link on Google

1715742888106.png

A mate of mine sent it to me so I searched it up to check if it was authentic. First link on Google

View attachment 1989514

lol that's embarrassing for me. I didn't google I just went straight to the Greens website thinking it would be easy to find.

The Victorian Greens stunt at parliament today re keffiyehs was pathetically cringeworthy stupol stuff.

Day after a federal budget that ripped Victoria blind on infrastructure spending - again - meaning we're struggling to build high quality PT and the cretin Sandell pulls that crap.

FFS, sure, Federal Greens who have an influence over foreign policy can and SHOULD be going hard, but today at Spring St was just loserdom writ large.

The Victorian Greens stunt at parliament today re keffiyehs was pathetically cringeworthy stupol stuff.

Day after a federal budget that ripped Victoria blind on infrastructure spending - again - meaning we're struggling to build high quality PT and the cretin Sandell pulls that crap.

FFS, sure, Federal Greens who have an influence over foreign policy can and SHOULD be going hard, but today at Spring St was just loserdom writ large.

Explain?

Yes, that appears to be the play, suggestion is another one incusrion/pincer incoming toward Sumy soon.

Imo the only city they'll genuinely fight for and want to hold as Russian territory is Odessa. They'll need Kherson to guarantee Odessa too.

Yep, all that seems to be in their plans.

The 'buffer zone' concept has been mooted for a long time now as a way of bringing the war effort down to a level Russia can more easily continue to manage indefinitely, I'm not sure how they can accomplish that aim in the north while leaving population centres intact.

Let's be honest, any sane Ukranian is right npw stealing whatever they can to try and have an escape/buy off the Russians fund for the inevitable fall - and they were stealing like Geelong administrators left alone in the budget room already.

No doubt on both counts. :thumbsu:

I've read elsewhere that they were ultra cautious on their defence in winter 2022 into spring 2023 - built the Surovikin Line about five times as dense as turned out to ne needed - so they will conduct their attack the same way.

Ultra-cautious, following their usual doctrine.

NATO seemingly learning nothing the whole time about how deeply in trouble their glorified police force, colonial enforcement armies would be if Putin actually DID have designs on their terrtitory.

Shoigu has never done anything to warrant the wrath of Putin, and Gauletier of Novorussiya is a nice laurel to end his career.

I'm not so sure, I'll add more when I have enough time. :thumbsu:

I saw elsewhere, will try and find the link, that US weapons companies are using the incoming funding from Congress to fund share buybacks lolololol.

Tell us again about Russia's corrupt oligarchy.

Stunning, but at this point, I guess we'd be complete fools to have expected anything else from them. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back