VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t play well overall but we did look an 8 goal better team. And would have been too with better goal kicking and umpiring

I’ll be patient with Goad and give him the two years …because we have to. After dropping a first round pick on a ‘project player’ as quoted by the recruiting team, he is not allowed to be a bust.
Ok, but neither pushed their claims.

Payne looks like a kid at this level, but he didn’t stop chasing all day. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving him mid time at this level.

Teakle was ok, but dropped a lot of marks. Made some poor decisions too.

'Ok lads, when you get the ball at half-back on the Macaulay Rd side just make sure you both bomb it long and out on the full'.

Umps were interesting, Coburg generally profiting pretty handily but we made some dumb decisions like repeated late bumps and Davis trying to take the man on the mark on instead of just kicking the bloody thing etc. Noticed a number of times the Nth player would be arguing the free kick with the ump when their opponent with the ball was close enough to tackle or at least put pressure on.
Greenwood got a free paid for holding the ball after he looked to get the Coburg bloke high and then clumsily fell onto his back.
To be fair to the umps, they aren't to blame for Lazzaro's kicking or for North players repeatedly missing 3 metre handballs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Eleni’s sister umpiring and she proves that women can’t umpire at this level.

She has pretty much made wrong calls on every decision."

Based on your earlier comment that ship has sailed. You're sexist!
I couldn’t give a shit if you think I’m sexiest or not? She can’t umpire and is only getting a gig because she was female.

If a male umpire was that bad he is umpiring Auskick.

The real sexism is giving someone a job based on their gender and not capability. Just like Eleni.

So as I thoroughly enjoy playing devils advocate.
Will it would seem cleaned up today and fyi that's very pleasing, as I'm sure we all want him to be successful.
So does this now mean we ( you really, and you know who you all are ) can park the illness excuses that have have enjoyed plenty of airtime over his four years as an AFL footballer.
Or did he do well because he was playing against fully fledged Shitmen.

I just ask the questions is all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back