VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Free was ok. Lazaro was good. Greenwood was excellent.

Drury injury looked bad.

Payne looks like he's 11 years old. Goad was...well, lets just leave that and say he's young and tall.

Frankly, from todays game, I am not certain that any of our players will play 50 games. Jump up and down and crack the sads about that if you must, but that's my view.

If he spends the off season playing 45 holes a day at Barnbougle carrying his bag like you, will he be ready for R1 next year Pres?
Wonder if as a Northern Tassie boy he’s had a spin round the links?

To be fair WC I only carry 9 clubs and 3 balls so it’s a modest athletic workout.

Ok, but neither pushed their claims.

Payne looks like a kid at this level, but he didn’t stop chasing all day. Wouldn’t be opposed to giving him mid time at this level.

Teakle was ok, but dropped a lot of marks. Made some poor decisions too.
Oh I’ve got zero confidence in any of them. Purely putting it back on the recruiting team.

What a cringe thread this is. The "umpiring at this level is so bad" posts are just so boring. And pretty much impossible to ascertain from the posts here that we actually had a win. Do better.
We beat Coburg by 6pts with 15 AFL listed players. That’s not exactly party popper 🎉 excitement.

I could imagine our AFLW players chatting away and mentioning a doz or so of their AFLM comrades and saying thank **** they're men.

Think about that ! As we say
Anyone of our under-performing VFL players would get 60 touches and kick 25 goals a week playing AFLW. I also highly doubt any of the AFLW players would be mouthing off about any of our players to anyone at the club.

You say some really stupid shit sometimes.

Some stats from this week's game.

Lazzaro - 33dsp, 4 tackles.
Greenwood - 27dsp, 8 tackles.
Hardeman - 22dsp, 9 marks.
Phillips - 17dsp, 1goal, 6 tackles.
Free - 17, 1goal, 28 hit outs.
Sellers - 3.3 goals/behinds, 7 marks.
Teakle - 14- dsp, 1.1 G/B,
Harvey - 10dsp, 5 Marks.
Payne - 9dsp, 2 tackles
Maley - 9dsp, 2marks.
Hanson jnr - 1.2 G/B, 7dsp.
George - 6dsp, 3 tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Goad named in the back pocket I know he played in defence last week. What is the reasoning behind this? He was recruited as a ruck I guess he hasn’t shown much. He would have to be the tallest back pocket in the history football!

Taylor Goad named in the back pocket I know he played in defence last week. What is the reasoning behind this? He was recruited as a ruck I guess he hasn’t shown much. He would have to be the tallest back pocket in the history football!
Just getting games into him , until his body develops.
It’s more beneficial than going up against a 200cm 110kg monster

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back