VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think made the strongest case?

I missed the last quarter but you could easily make a case for 6/7 players.

Stephens & Duursma were fantastic, but I’d like to see more consistency from the both of them.

Lazz and Greenwood controlled the midfield really well. Lazz was solid on the inside and outside the contest.

Harvey had his best game in a long time and was clinical with his goal kicking and some of his inside 50’s.

Maley’s marking was genuinely elite again pulling down at least 3 really good contested marks.

Sellers played his role kicking 3 and playing a part in a couple of others.

Payne & RHJ both had some solid moments and both hit the scoreboard so some real positives there too.

You’d think Stephens or Lazz would be best placed to come in and play as a sub. Sellers could potentially replace Pink after a really strong couple of weeks in front of goal.

What's the knock on Watkins? Just size?

Would love to give him a chance off the rookie list, we give enough blokes who are far lesser players an opportunity.
He has smarts but from games I’ve seen his disposal isn’t that great either. No real pace or other outstanding attribute as well. Don’t think he’d be on any clubs radar for rookie list.

What's the knock on Watkins? Just size?

Would love to give him a chance off the rookie list, we give enough blokes who are far lesser players an opportunity.

Height and disposal, another Nick Rippon type who a jet at VFL level but probably doesn’t quite have the athleticism to cut it in the big leagues.

Were Sam Gibson or Lambert more obvious AFL prospects in your recollection?

Gibson had freakish running capacity that had him in the top 2-3% of all AFL players, that sort of athletic point of difference will get you drafted. Lambert also had elite running capacity but he had a bit of speed as well which held him in good stead at AFL level. Barlow was another example of someone who was a bit one paced, but his running capacity allowed him to compete and shine at AFL level.

Gibson had freakish running capacity that had him in the top 2-3% of all AFL players, that sort of athletic point of difference will get you drafted. Lambert also had elite running capacity but he had a bit of speed as well which held him in good stead at AFL level. Barlow was another example of someone who was a bit one paced, but his running capacity allowed him to compete and shine at AFL level.
Do you recall if the first 2 guys athletic abilities were recognised by recruiters for a few years prior to them being listed?

Do you recall if the first 2 guys athletic abilities were recognised by recruiters for a few years prior to them being listed?

I would’ve thought that those athletic capabilities would’ve been a significant reason why they would’ve been drafted.

I know there are some clubs out there who will rule out potential draftees or recruits purely based on athletic testing. If a prospect doesn’t reach a minimum agility test or minimum Yo-Yo test they’ll be removed from the clubs draft board completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong side. Still missing Davis Butler and lowson. With the addition of kal Dawson returning from suspension next week gonna have even more afl listed players.
Good call, but maybe we also need to temper expectations - if Logue and McKercher play a full game between them, it will be enough. So they're kind of down on available minutes before they start - which of course is the point of having your own VFL side, it's possible to make those kind of sacrifices

Casey side

INS: R.Valentine, J.Billings, B.Laurie, J.Schache

OUTS: A.Tomlinson, K.Tholstrup, B.Brown, H.Neocleous

20240621_174504.jpg

No Ben Brown?

Dylan stephens apparently going to play some game time today

To compliment his loads from last night

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL The North VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back