The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I agree clubs need to be more flexible and probably need to rotate their squad more than the current trend. Especially the top clubs that participate in multiple competitions and have a bigger squad depth. How do you enforce it though? You can't say 'clubs A,B,C must play x amount of players for x amount of minutes per year, while clubs X,Y, Z can do whatever they want'
And then again it's the bigger clubs that will benefit if every club has to rotate their squads more as they have the higher quality depth waiting in the wings while some teams struggle to stay competitive with their first choice XI.
I think FIFA could mandate maximum domestic, and inter national minutes.

But I think it comes down more to the clubs looking after their players.

Maybe it benefits the stronger clubs but I do think that flogging players week in week out isn't that great for clubs anyway.

This is absolutely the right decision.

I despise governing bodies that bring in new rules midway through a season. Any change should be done before a new season starts.

Isn’t that what is going to happen by introducing it in winter (December-February)?

Isn’t that what is going to happen by introducing it in winter (December-February)?
Yep, my bad. For some reason I assumed our winter (which of course would be off season over here).

I'm back to hating them haha

Remove this Banner Ad

The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back