The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you’re in the Ukraine and you love Biden you’d have to be brain dead. Russia invaded Ukraine in the middle of the Biden presidency and although this was obviously not Biden’s direct doing, the Democrats were the one’s trying to annex Ukraine into NATO. Something that was promised to Russia that would never happen. Doubt this Russian invasion happens under Trump in 2022? You can never tell but amateur international politics by Biden admin.

Don’t think they will like your mate either, he will throw them to the wolves.

Oh that’s right your not a fan 😂

Don’t think they will like your mate either, he will throw them to the wolves.

Oh that’s right your not a fan 😂
Fan or no fan, in this piece of international relations Trump was actually better. People suffered and go on suffering because the Biden admin were silly, stupid, arrogant. Call it as it is here.

“Democrats were the only ones trying to annex Ukraine into NATO “
So let’s get this right , it’s Joe Bidens fault and not a ruthless dictator that has previously stated he wants the old Soviet Union back ,that people are dying and suffering.
That dictator also said it’s not a war , we just want to root out the Nazis.
And here I am thinking all along it was a big bully country trying to invade a neighbouring country.

Seriously, is Marjorie Taylor Green shipping cool aide into Bulldog fraternity.

If you’re in the Ukraine and you love Biden you’d have to be brain dead. Russia invaded Ukraine in the middle of the Biden presidency and although this was obviously not Biden’s direct doing, the Democrats were the one’s trying to annex Ukraine into NATO. Something that was promised to Russia that would never happen. Doubt this Russian invasion happens under Trump in 2022? You can never tell but amateur international politics by Biden admin.
I don't know how you do it, but everything in your post is wrong.

I know Im wasting my time, but here goes.

It wasn't the Democrats who initiated talks on Ukraine joining or indeed being 'annexed' into NATO. An idea that is possibly the dumbest thing Ive read in this thread. It was neighbouring Romania and its a process that began in 2008.

Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014, by seizing and annexing Crimea. Soon after a proxy war began between Russian backed separatists in the Donbas, Luhansk and Donetsk regions that simmered away until Russia was ready to mount a full scale invasion in 2022. Anybody paying attention knew this was going to happen regardless of who was in power, as soon as Russia was ready. That they failed to cut the head off the snake by taking Kyiv in two weeks as planned is proving somewhat problematic for them.

It's a Russian sourced revisionist myth that NATO promised not to expand east after the fall of the Soviet Union. The only remotely similar agreement between NATO and the Soviets was one specifically related to the reunification of Germany. Or the one that tacitly guaranteed Ukraines security by the west in return for the decommissioning of the Former Soviet Unions nukes still stationed in and under Ukraine control and the handing over of the strategic bombers that they inherited after the fall of the Soviet Union. Leaving Ukraine with a hollowed out and corrupt military that had no way of deterring the inevitable Russian invasion.

In time Russia would correctly call the Wests bluff.

It was soon after the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the rise of the Russian federations political instability and their invasion of Chechnya that saw Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and other former Eastern Bloc and Baltic countries began to look towards the West with an eye to their security and economic needs thus beginning the process of each joining the EU and NATO. It was a prescient move. The only reason that Ukraine wasn't allowed to join was because of the lingering corruption that was still hanging over from when they were under direct Soviet and then indirect Russian control.

You know what actually happened under Trumps watch? He tried to extort Zelensky into providing dirt on his political opponent. Or he would hold up the trickle of arms that had been flowing into the country since the Obama administration.

Something that saw him impeached.

Given the war was simmering away under his watch. Other than the length of time that it takes to build up to invade another country theres no reason to believe that Russia was afraid of the US response to the invasion given Trumps inherent transactionalism, isolationism, fondness for authoritarian dictators and his distaste for all things NATO and Americas allies.

I dont live in Ukraine nor do I love Biden. But you really would have to be braindead to suggest that the Biden administration hasn't been a net benefit to Ukrainian efforts to stave off Russian aggression. You know what's been bad for Ukrainians? The months that the Republican Party in Congress tied Bidens hands and withheld any further aid. Something that allowed Russia to take back a lot of Ukrainian territory.

Congratulations on swallowing every Pro-Russian/Trump talking point though.

TL;DR. Ukraine has the right to set its own social, economic and security course. If that means them meeting the threshold and joining the EU and NATO then thats their choice. Not Russias.

Last edited:
Yeah has to 2 weeks too late
The timing is interesting though and not suggesting it's planned ... maybe fortuitous. Was going to be hard for a new candidate to get clear air prior to the Republican convention and it would have been completely overshadowed by Trump's accident.

Post RNC hype, after they've staked out their anti Biden campaign narrative, they would have to change tack. Two white males will have to potentially gang up to attack a black woman who isn't old and frail (may have other vulnerabilities but age and frailty and cognitive processing don't appear to be amongst them) and additionally, she may have a polite, stable, articulate and likeable white male with no criminal convictions as her running mate.

This combination may be palatable to a majority of Democrats and importantly also, that section of the electorate looking for a) a reason to vote, and b) a candidate who isn't a criminal or dead. At the moment, Trump seems destined to win because there's no alternative that will get people off their arses to vote. But Trump's base will undoubtedly mobilise and turn out to vote for him to be on the winning team, amongst other reasons.

It's just fascinating.

Last edited:

It wasn't the Democrats who initiated talks on Ukraine joining or indeed being 'annexed' into NATO. An idea that is possibly the dumbest thing Ive read in this thread. It was neighbouring Romania and its a process that began in 2008.

Russia invaded Ukraine in 2014, by seizing and annexing Crimea. Soon after a proxy war began between Russian backed separatists in the Donbas, Luhansk and Donetsk regions that simmered away until Russia was ready to mount a full scale invasion in 2022. Anybody paying attention knew this was going to happen regardless of who was in power, as soon as Russia was ready. That they failed to cut the head off the snake by taking Kyiv in two weeks as planned is proving somewhat problematic for them.

It's a Russian sourced revisionist myth that NATO promised not to expand east after the fall of the Soviet Union. The only remotely similar agreement between NATO and the Soviets was one specifically related to the reunification of Germany. Or the one that tacitly guaranteed Ukraines security by the west in return for the decommissioning of the Former Soviet Unions nukes still stationed in and under Ukraine control and the handing over of the strategic bombers that they inherited after the fall of the Soviet Union. Leaving Ukraine with a hollowed out and corrupt military that had no way of deterring the inevitable Russian invasion.

It was soon after the dissolution of the Soviet Union and the rise of the Russian federations political instability and their invasion of Chechnya that saw Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and other former Eastern Bloc and Baltic countries began to look towards the West with an eye to their security and economic needs thus beginning the process of each joining the EU and NATO. It was a prescient move. The only reason that Ukraine wasn't allowed to join was because of the lingering corruption that was still hanging over from when they were under direct Soviet and then indirect Russian control.

You know what actually happened under Trumps watch? He tried to extort Zelensky into providing dirt on his political opponent. Or he would hold up the trickle of arms that had been flowing into the country since the Obama administration.

Given the war was simmering away under his watch. Other than the length of time that it takes to build up to invade another country theres no reason to believe that Russia was afraid of the US response to the invasion given Trumps inherent transactionalism, isolationism, fondness for authoritarian dictators and his distaste for all things NATO and Americas allies.

I dont live in Ukraine nor do I love Biden. But you really would have to be braindead to suggest that the Biden administration hasn't been a net benefit to Ukrainian efforts to stave off Russian aggression. You know what's been bad for Ukrainians? The months that the Republican Party in Congress tied Bidens hands and withheld any further aid. Something that allowed Russia to take back a lot of Ukrainian territory.

TL;DR. Ukraine has the right to set its own social, economic and security course. If that means them meeting the threshold and joining the EU and NATO then thats their choice. Not Russias.
I definitely don’t know all the details you’re talking about. But I can remember Biden admin pre invasion still seeking to expand NATO and Ukraine being one of their aims. I don’t believe Biden has been a positive for the people of Ukraine. NATO have no business in that part of the world.

In the picture dictionary I think they need to update the picture that they use to convey relief (n) to a photo of Joe Biden .... on his feet ... after descending the stairs from Air Force One.

And for fear (n) they might consider a photo of Joe before he descends the stairs to Air Force One.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Norm, you have way more patience than me.
Great post and well articulated.

You will have noticed our geopolitical experts on here have transitioned from “ they are both the same “ to now all out supporters of a criminal sex offender.

One of these posters was a real fan of Tucker Carlson, I assume he still is .
should tell you everything !

Regards , K the lefty H

I definitely don’t know all the details you’re talking about. But I can remember Biden admin pre invasion still seeking to expand NATO and Ukraine being one of their aims. I don’t believe Biden has been a positive for the people of Ukraine. NATO have no business in that part of the world.
Fresh - quite a lot of things you don’t remember. Check your algorithm and what it tells you to post and get back to us. Mr Independent! Of course NATO should include Ukraine. They were created to protect Europe from murderers like Stalin and Putin.

“Democrats were the only ones trying to annex Ukraine into NATO “
So let’s get this right , it’s Joe Bidens fault and not a ruthless dictator that has previously stated he wants the old Soviet Union back ,that people are dying and suffering.
That dictator also said it’s not a war , we just want to root out the Nazis.
And here I am thinking all along it was a big bully country trying to invade a neighbouring country.

Seriously, is Marjorie Taylor Green shipping cool aide into Bulldog fraternity.

You two have more patience than me. Biden is old and should be nowhere near another run at the presidency. And he has a deplorable record of supporting Israel at the cost of thousands of Palestinian lives. We all get that. He needs to go, and pronto.

But Trump is just an out-and-out f-wit. I could write an essay - and many already have - on all the failings he exhibits, coupled with not a single redeeming feature, not one. But the loonies would just keep coming back to "... but Biden" without acknowledging the idiocy that was Trump's presidency.

I mean "nobody knew health care could be so complicated". "Let's inject everyone with bleach..." There is no analytical skill there, no business acumen, no diplomacy. Just a massive grift on everyone he comes into contact with.

Buy more of his caps and merchandise MAGA-ites, you ill-informed, swindled losers deserve him.

Unfortunately it's everyone's planet he's going to **** up. Oh well, at least we've got another season or two of Bevo and Bont until Xi comes sauntering across the Pacific, after "reintegrating" Taiwan. What's that? Vance wants to focus on Asia and the Pacific?! Bahaha, he struggles to tie his own shoe laces.

Bahaha, he struggles to tie his own shoe laces.
There are environmental considerations at play here. The nurture side of the debate would suggest that the absence of shoe laces, and possibly shoes, in his formative years may be a contributing factor.

Fortunately, mamaw, like some form of divine intervention, was there to put things right. One of the hands that rocked the cradle.

Last edited:
You two have more patience than me. Biden is old and should be nowhere near another run at the presidency. And he has a deplorable record of supporting Israel at the cost of thousands of Palestinian lives. We all get that. He needs to go, and pronto.

But Trump is just an out-and-out f-wit. I could write an essay - and many already have - on all the failings he exhibits, coupled with not a single redeeming feature, not one. But the loonies would just keep coming back to "... but Biden" without acknowledging the idiocy that was Trump's presidency.

I mean "nobody knew health care could be so complicated". "Let's inject everyone with bleach..." There is no analytical skill there, no business acumen, no diplomacy. Just a massive grift on everyone he comes into contact with.

Buy more of his caps and merchandise MAGA-ites, you ill-informed, swindled losers deserve him.

Unfortunately it's everyone's planet he's going to **** up. Oh well, at least we've got another season or two of Bevo and Bont until Xi comes sauntering across the Pacific, after "reintegrating" Taiwan. What's that? Vance wants to focus on Asia and the Pacific?! Bahaha, he struggles to tie his own shoe laces.

The dead give away , they won’t engage in any of those failings you mention.
But they are “ both the same “ fmd !

They don’t even need us to tell them Trump should be nowhere near the reins of power,
Almost all of his former cabinet have told the world he is an incompetent moron .

That apparently is not a problem for them , let alone his criminality.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Otherworldly Circus - The America Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back