Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to convince all the kids to head to Racist University and then where would all that sweet HECS money go.

I’m a deakin graduate too.
It’s just a name, as you said earlier - long before our time. “Kids” are finding every reason to be outraged so they don’t have to knuckle down and actually commit to something.

Wanting to learn more is just a front for our racism.

This thread
Start Reaction GIF

Lmao, Aaron Hernandez stood out to me the most but I didn't know about the other 40.

I remember players at the time getting pissed off at Tebow for wanting to pray before every practice, every meeting, every game. Guy was nuts.

A pretty deliberately big one imo.
I don't subscribe to the notion of it being deliberate.

I think it's is more a case of generations of people just not wanting to rock the boat, so we just let the status quo fly, and the loudest voices get their way. It requires great bravery to stand up for change within any bureaucracy, especially on issues regarding the most tragic social construct of all time, race. Too many people get personally offended, like many on here are, and any debate often devolves into personal attacks and sniping and cancellation.

I think I understand exactly what South of the Yarra is trying to communicate, though.

Fiji has similarly always struggled to cope with anti-social behaviour that stems from substance abuse, particular alcohol. I grew up fighting in the streets because circumstance often just took me there. I don't think I went looking for it, but social and family pressures required me to never shirk it. I think I'm a good man on the whole, but make no mistake there have been moments in my life where people or government agencies who didn't know me probably would have formed an extreme negative opinion of me. Moreso, there would be plenty of tourists in Fiji that would be lock-yourself-in-the-hotel-room horrified by that sort of carry on if they witnessed it, or became embroiled in it.

That's all in my past now, thank ****, and I've been able to transition into a society where my children don't have to contend with even the threat of that level of violence. It wasn't easy getting here though and my own personal journey involved governmental reach, education and a fair bit of luck. Arriving in Australia was also incredibly confronting for me and I felt overwhelmingly out of my depth just in terms of fitting in. I still do. I can understand completely when people choose to return to their homelands rather than staying the course.

Lmao, Aaron Hernandez stood out to me the most but I didn't know about the other 40.

I remember players at the time getting pissed off at Tebow for wanting to pray before every practice, every meeting, every game. Guy was nuts.
Hardly surprising given his background, just a very devout guy who still is. You have to laugh though going from home schooling straight to uni as a quarterback stud 🤣🤣. Hernandez was truly insane and troubled from an early age as it turns out. The gators were playing today, I missed it I was off getting X-rays and an ultra sound. Still not long now and the season will be in full swing.

I think it's is more a case of generations of people just not wanting to rock the boat, so we just let the status quo fly, and the loudest voices get their way. It requires great bravery to stand up for change within any bureaucracy, especially on issues regarding the most tragic social construct of all time, race. Too many people get personally offended, like many on here are, and any debate often devolves into personal attacks and sniping and cancellation.

I think I understand exactly what South of the Yarra is trying to communicate, though.

Fiji has similarly always struggled to cope with anti-social behaviour that stems from substance abuse, particular alcohol. I grew up fighting in the streets because circumstance often just took me there. I don't think I went looking for it, but social and family pressures required me to never shirk it. I think I'm a good man on the whole, but make no mistake there have been moments in my life where people or government agencies who didn't know me probably would have formed an extreme negative opinion of me. Moreso, there would be plenty of tourists in Fiji that would be lock-yourself-in-the-hotel-room horrified by that sort of carry on if they witnessed it, or became embroiled in it.

That's all in my past now, thank *, and I've been able to transition into a society where my children don't have to contend with even the threat of that level of violence. It wasn't easy getting here though and my own personal journey involved governmental reach, education and a fair bit of luck. Arriving in Australia was also incredibly confronting for me and I felt overwhelmingly out of my depth just in terms of fitting in. I still do. I can understand completely when people choose to return to their homelands rather than staying the course.
Well said as always CF

Hardly surprising given his background, just a very devout guy who still is. You have to laugh though going from home schooling straight to uni as a quarterback stud 🤣🤣. Hernandez was truly insane and troubled from an early age as it turns out. The gators were playing today, I missed it I was off getting X-rays and an ultra sound. Still not long now and the season will be in full swing.
People would be surprised at my religious beliefs but I don't really like things forced on me so I can only imagine how young kids at their age would feel having Tebow come in and get on the sermons 😂

College football is nuts though, I have got into it a bit more over the years. Being an Eagles fan I stick to the city/state for other codes so it's Penn State for me. I don't watch nearly as much as I probably should but always try tune in for the CFP

People would be surprised at my religious beliefs but I don't really like things forced on me so I can only imagine how young kids at their age would feel having Tebow come in and get on the sermons 😂

College football is nuts though, I have got into it a bit more over the years. Being an Eagles fan I stick to the city/state for other codes so it's Penn State for me. I don't watch nearly as much as I probably should but always try tune in for the CFP
Haha yes exactly but I just know I’d be taking a knee with Tim and I’d mean it at the time but I’d be out with the boys and amongst the worst offenders later that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It almost seems bigger and more crazy than the NFL. I know some of the College Football stadiums are larger than the NFL stadiums.
I don't watch enough to give an informed opinion, but out of the limited American Football I've watched, I think I prefer watching the CFB stuff.
Also I love that they play on separate days. That is good for the sport.

That's all in my past now, thank *, and I've been able to transition into a society where my children don't have to contend with even the threat of that level of violence. It wasn't easy getting here though and my own personal journey involved governmental reach, education and a fair bit of luck. Arriving in Australia was also incredibly confronting for me and I felt overwhelmingly out of my depth just in terms of fitting in. I still do. I can understand completely when people choose to return to their homelands rather than staying the course.

I did all kinds of stupid shit when I was young, I was soft as **** but went out all the time and got in trouble's way. I was often drinking heavily and having fun with substances. Because I was a middle class white kid the cops were scared of doing anything. We had an indigenous kid at school that would get pulled over just for looking like trouble. That shit ends up making people angry and perpetuates a stereo type. He was much less trouble than we were.

I did all kinds of stupid s**t when I was young, I was soft as * but went out all the time and got in trouble's way. I was often drinking heavily and having fun with substances. Because I was a middle class white kid the cops were scared of doing anything. We had an indigenous kid at school that would get pulled over just for looking like trouble. That s**t ends up making people angry and perpetuates a stereo type. He was much less trouble than we were.

Love this ......

Love this ......

They are too close for comfort. I like it as long as a Subaru isn’t on their hit list. 😂

It almost seems bigger and more crazy than the NFL. I know some of the College Football stadiums are larger than the NFL stadiums.
I don't watch enough to give an informed opinion, but out of the limited American Football I've watched, I think I prefer watching the CFB stuff.
Also I love that they play on separate days. That is good for the sport.
You'd be right, it's much bigger. They regularly play in front of crowds up to 100,000 people. It's like GF day every week for some teams.

You'd be right, it's much bigger. They regularly play in front of crowds up to 100,000 people. It's like GF day every week for some teams.
It’s absolutely massive.
The locals live and breathe it.
Clear eyes full hearts can’t lose.
Wish I could watch American football I just find it a bit slow.
Absolutey love tv show and docos about the game just never been able to get into the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back