Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter garbage

Honestly seems a dumb idea. Making more tyres end up in landfill doesn't seem a great idea. They should lobby government to put big car taxes on rego for anyone not using them for business. You could incentivise efficient cars if you did a tax on cars over a certain consumption too.

Honestly seems a dumb idea. Making more tyres end up in landfill doesn't seem a great idea. They should lobby government to put big car taxes on rego for anyone not using them for business. You could incentivise efficient cars if you did a tax on cars over a certain consumption too.
Of course it’s a dumb idea, it’s brain dead vandalism.
Last thing anyone needs is to pay more tax. How many lower socioeconomic people drive efficient cars?
These people need to find real purpose.

Last thing anyone needs is to pay more tax. How many lower socioeconomic people drive efficient cars?

It's a better way to save the environment than slashing tyres. Taxing big cars will make you think about buying a smaller car. Add another $100 to $200 per years on your rego and all of a sudden a 4 cylinder hatch back looks more appealing to a lot of people than a tank. You can still choose to drive a bigger car but you pay for the cost to society. Seems fair to me.

You'd be right, it's much bigger. They regularly play in front of crowds up to 100,000 people. It's like GF day every week for some teams.
It’s also the atmosphere. Games played in the south (where there is minimal NFL representation) are community wide events. Even the teams arrivals will have 50-60k at a tailgate party either abusing the oppo arrival or cheering their teams arrival. Couple that with college life and you’ve got a heaving stadium with 95k of your supporters. There is really no other sport like it.

Love this ......

Whilst I understand the base intent of these guys it’s horribly misguided.

If you watched the news half the cars they’d done it too were not your Prados and Land Cruisers, they were ASX, RAV4s etc (I’m pretty sure one was a hybrid). Ie city sized SUVs which are mostly very fuel efficient and also practical for young families (we have one because it’s good for baby seats and prams).

There’s also the assumption that all these owners aren’t already climate conscious which is dumb. I ride a pushy to work or catch the train, my wife works from home. We’d drive our car no more than 3 times a week to drop my son off at daycare and do the shopping.

Add in the potential for damage to the cars (who actually checks their tyres before getting in to drive it everytime) and potential cost and inconvenience (plenty of people wouldn’t have a pump or attachment to re inflate their tyre) and you’ve got this activism that only alienates.

The reality is the elites with their proper gas guzzlers won’t be inconvenienced by this and working class won’t be swayed by it. Aside from a bit of publicity they get on the nightly news (most of which isn’t positive for them) I don’t see what it achieves.

These people like many before are delusional.

Want change? Make your local MPs job very unsafe.
A couple of Liberal party people learned that lesson the hard way.

Labor people will learn the same lesson if they don't change.

How many are already claimed on business yet are rarely if ever used as anything other than a passenger vehicle, no more taxes thanks. This country is loosing its collective mind, you have the leader of the greens caught out this week cheering on illegal protests.

Love this ......

I have a 4 x 4 love to catch the scum touching my car would put a baseball bat through their scull

Arsewipes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of cars, if you cannot do 100 on a freeway on ramp or on the freeway itself, you cannot drive a car.

Stuff parallel parking, freeway driving is a more important skill.

I'm in a 110km rural zone for road freight entry point, there were times in the morning going into that office that I completely understood road rage.

I get not being comfortable at that speed, really I do, there's no wind breaks after all as it's the calder, it's farmland either side, but you are going to ruin days if you enter at 80, and I have seen people entering that point at 80. Legit dangerous and I thank covid for making me work from home so I don't have to deal with those invalids any longer.

Speaking of cars, if you cannot do 100 on a freeway on ramp or on the freeway itself, you cannot drive a car.

It's so easy speed up to the speed of the left lane and merge into a spot between them. But nooo I'm going 60 and I think having my indicator on let's me cut off cars on my right

Happy Fathers Day to the ol codger dads like me.

My daughter is in Melbourne and I miss her. Absolute cracking day here in the deep south, blue sky no wind need to get out for a walk.

I am heading here with the rest of the family for lunch:

Wish the footy was on to come home to watch.

Last edited:

Agreed. It’s actually illegal to sit in a right hand lane on divided roads unless you’re turning or overtaking. In Germany they do a great job of pulling left (right) to get out of the way. Australians are dismal at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back