Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Tracy

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well we need something to chat about during the bye. Pretty up and down season from us so far. I'd say we've looked pretty consistent since the Richmond win.

Theres no secret we probably have one of, if not the most hardest run home out of all teams this year. Specifically the next 6 games. You'd expect the next 6 will defy where we finish on the ladder.

We play four teams (Three being interstate) who as I write this are all currently in the top 5.

The next 6 games:

North
Port (Away)
Carlton
Geelong (Away)
Sydney (Away)
Melbourne

North is the only team there that you would be pretty confident about. We should be confident against Melbourne who look terrible at the moment but the way things have shaped out in the past three years, you can't be confident against them.

Unless theres an Injury surge for Sydney, can't see us beating them up there. Even with a full strength team.
Reckon Carlton will be too hard also. Their Forward line is simply too good against our defence. We would have to be very switched on to win that one

Geelong and Port are the big ones, both haven't looked too comfortable at home in recent weeks. We would have to upset one of them if we want to make the eight you would think.

But who knows what we can do with a full team back, still worried about our backline. We love a fairytale though!

3-3 is probably a win in my books. How do you think we approach the next 6 games?

I'm split between 3-3 and 4-2.

Geelong are the team that we can just never beat so I don't think I'd back us even if we had a clear advantage. Port are unreliable but I'd be much more comfortable if it was at Marvel instead of SA. Sydney have looked really good this year but we proved that we could match it with them even with half of the bench out for half the game or more.

Melbourne and North I'd back us, Carlton are fairly up and down as well so I think that we can beat them if we turn up like we did for the last month outside of the Brisbane game.

Playing as we did today, I think we can go 4-2. There’s some very tough games there but everyone is definitely beatable. The team is playing with extreme confidence.

I can see us winning the next 3, losing the 2 after that and then beating a defeated Melbourne (something we haven’t done in a long time). We’ll probably be favourites in only 2 games.

No doubt the Fremantle win keeps the season alive, but there is still plenty of work to do if we want to play finals.

We can afford 3 more losses from the below:

Games we’ll start outsiders:
Sydney (away)
Geelong (away)
Port (away)
Carlton

50/50
GWS (home)

Games we’ll likely start favourites
Melbourne (home)
Adelaide (away)
North Melbourne x 2

I feel like we can beat Port away, and Geelong have dropped some at home, but it’s hard to have any confidence down there. We will be favs vs Melbourne and Adelaide, but who knows how they will be playing at the time.

All remaining games are winnable, really excluding Sydney at the SCG, but it will take our best most weeks to get it done.

Do we have another 6 wins from the above games?

No doubt the Fremantle win keeps the season alive, but there is still plenty of work to do if we want to play finals.

We can afford 3 more losses from the below:

Games we’ll start outsiders:
Sydney (away)
Geelong (away)
Port (away)
Carlton

50/50
GWS (home)

Games we’ll likely start favourites
Melbourne (home)
Adelaide (away)
North Melbourne x 2

I feel like we can beat Port away, and Geelong have dropped some at home, but it’s hard to have any confidence down there. We will be favs vs Melbourne and Adelaide, but who knows how they will be playing at the time.

All remaining games are winnable, really excluding Sydney at the SCG, but it will take our best most weeks to get it done.

Do we have another 6 wins from the above games?
My ladder predictor says 14 wins are required to make the 8 this year. 13 wins and you miss out.

On that basis, we have to win 7 of our last 9 games and beat at least 4 of Sydney, Geelong, Port, Carlton, GWS and Melbourne.

With a full strength midfield and forward line, I give us a decent chance of doing just that ... and possibly better.

Six wins isn’t even a guaranteed place. 14 total will get us in for sure. Gonna be a tight run home death riding teams like the bombers and the dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going all in on 6 wins… North we should do, Port are mentally weak, Carlton believe their own hype, Sydney got lucky last time with our injuries, Geelong deserve a pantsing and Melbourne - meh no Petracca…

Bont to take the Brownlow home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bont to get 18 votes in those six games

As I said in another thread I don’t have much confidence

Bye
North (Win)
Port Away (L)
Blues (L)
Cats Away (?)
Swans Away (L)
Dees (L)
Crows away (?)
North (Win)
Giants Ballarat (?)

Getting Darcy back after the bye will really stretch Norths defence. They don't have the numbers or quality to go with JUH, Darcy and Lobb (or Naughton if he's back)

NM in rare form. That'll be right, just before we play them. :roflv1:
Timing is a big thing this year. We got Essendon, Hawthorn and Brisbane at the wrong time but got Richmond, Collingwood, St Kilda and WC at the right time.

North will be encouraged by breaking their duck but if we don’t brutalise them twice we shouldn’t be worried about making finals. They are still the worst side in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back