Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

What do you expect as Win/Loss ratio for the next 6 games?

• 6-0

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • 5-1

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • 4-2

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • 3-3

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • 2-4

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • 1-5

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 0-6

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always thought our list was as good as any team, but our form has been up and down.
We seem to have finally got team balance right.
Forwards, mids and backs all look good at the same time.
Hitting form at the business end of the season.
Can't see why we don't beat Sydney this week.
It's always down to work-rate and effort.
Bring that each week and we can beat anyone.

KM

Papley is a pretty big out for them.

Remember in a parallel universe they beat Melbourne in the final round last year which featured a fit Papley.

In the universe we're familiar with, Melbourne best Sydney minus Papley by four goals.

That's why it's a huge advantage to have a proppy Hayward play. They won't get their usual output out of him in a forward line that's already missing Papley and Amartey.
Amartey is playing?

Amartey is playing?
Hmmm, it seems he isn't on the injury report.

That's weird. Did I not hear he wasn't available? I'm sure I read somewhere that Andrews, Dawson and Amartey are the three players from last week in concussion protocols. Seems like only two of those three are on injury lists.

Not to worry, it just creates another opportunity for Lobb to be exposed to another dangerous tall forward this week. The more experience he gets playing on the likes of Curnow, Jezza and Amartey, the better it is for a potential run at finals and 2025/2026.

Magpies have Blues, Swans and Lions across a three week stretch. I reckon they will fall short.

Shows how great and even this season has been. Footy is great when so many teams are in contention this late in the season, anyone can beat anyone on their day, and new teams moving up and down the eight on previous seasons. Was crap seeing the same top 4 teams most years across the past decade or so.
A bit like the Tennis with Rafa, Joker, Fed and Murray….didnt seem any point in playing a tournament….an absolute borefest

The post was more a facetious comment on the fans. After the loss to Port it was “season over” from quite a few here.
It’s been that all year DW to be fair….the bulldog bandwagon has well and truly cranked up now….if you haven’t purchased your Social Club ticket you better do so soon because they’ll all jump on that too

Does anyone know when they'll likely announce the times & dates of the last round of games?

Trying to plan stuff that weekend & don't want it to clash with our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The recent games especially Carlton losing last night are making the top 4 more achievable and making the 8 harder. It makes tomorrow's game more important if we lose and the other results go the wrong way we could be 8 points out of the 8. Win and top 4 is a reality.

I think we lose tomorrow and win our final four.

1997 anyone?

There are similarities.

Like 1997, we have a 10-8 record.
Like 1997, we are positioned in ninth position to accompany our 10-8 record.
Like 1997, we commence our four final matches with a match against Melbourne, followed by an away match against Adelaide.
Like 1997, we play one of our remaining matches at a Suburban ground.
Unlike 1997, West, Libba and Darcy will achieve what their fathers didn't.

I think we lose tomorrow and win our final four.

1997 anyone?

There are similarities.

Like 1997, we have a 10-8 record.
Like 1997, we are positioned in ninth position to accompany our 10-8 record.
Like 1997, we commence our four final matches with a match against Melbourne, followed by an away match against Adelaide.
Like 1997, we play one of our remaining matches at a Suburban ground.
Unlike 1997, West, Libba and Darcy will achieve what their fathers didn't.

If you want another one Australia had upcoming Olympics, Sydney in 2000 and now Brisbane in 2032 and the winner is Footscray.

Season is still too close to call, I’d say 3 wins to guarantee a place, 5 could snatch a top 4

1-2 would not be enough IMO

My ladder predictor has one team missing out with 14 wins.

The uneven and grossly unfair draw means that some average teams ( cats, bombers, dockers) have a soft draw whilst better teams (lions, Carlton, giants) have had to do it tough.

Its so hard to do ladder predictor at the moment. Even with only four rounds left. Mostly because

1. There have been so many teams who are up and down and you don't know what they will dish up each week.
2. out of the remaining 36 games, there are 19 games where sides who are currently in the top 13 play each other, which has a massive effect on how the 8 will turn out

I think we just have to focus on winning the next four games and see where that gets us. We probably won't have an idea of where we might end up on the ladder until after the Crows game. As the old saying goes, one week at a time.

Its so hard to do ladder predictor at the moment. Even with only four rounds left. Mostly because

1. There have been so many teams who are up and down and you don't know what they will dish up each week.
2. out of the remaining 36 games, there are 19 games where sides who are currently in the top 13 play each other, which has a massive effect on how the 8 will turn out

I think we just have to focus on winning the next four games and see where that gets us. We probably won't have an idea of where we might end up on the ladder until after the Crows game. As the old saying goes, one week at a time.
So many juicy games every week. GWS and Freo have a real tough run home, even Brissy's last few games are not straight forward. Could see a scenario where we are cheering for Port against the Dockers in the last game of the season to get us top 4.

It’s not unrealistic that we win this week and we’re percentage and a game clear of Hawthorn, 6 points clear of Essendon and two games clear of Melbourne and Collingwood.

We could also lose and be 10th while only percentage ahead of Collingwood and Gold Coast.

Crazy round coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction The Run Home- The next six Games and beyond

Back