The selection of Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys

Thought I would start a thread on Alex Fasolo as I feel he is critical to our success in the final series.

I really do feel that he should be selected in the side not even as a sub. It would be good to see him play a full game as he provides that extra spark we need all over the ground. I really do feel that either Goldsack or even Didiak should make way for him in the prelim final. Fasolo is an absolute gun and IMO he is the X factor we need to win games.

Am I totally wrong here? Thoughts?

I like him as our Sub as he creates that spark. But not starting on the field. Having said that, IMO there is no room for him once Dale and Reid come back in.

I like him as our Sub as he creates that spark. But not starting on the field. Having said that, IMO there is no room for him once Dale and Reid come back in.

Wellingham would come in for Daisy

and

Reid comes in for Goldsack

What about Goldsack making way for him? IMO he is a more complete player than Goldsack and can win us games.

The only way Wellingham will miss the next game will be through suspension or injury.

I thought Fasolo played well when he came on but it's hard to judge off only 5 minutes of game time. I think at the moment he's better being the sub if he gets selected. He shows he can burst and make an impact when he comes on. I'm not sure in a final he'd do enough in a full game.

24th player on the list at the moment, don't get carried away from being involved in 2 bits of play.

Prefer Goldie as sub because he gives all round utility coverage

I really like him and think he adds a lot. It comes down to selection though, and for mine it comes down to Blair or Fasolo. Blair is better around the game and tackles probly a little better. Fasolo doesnt have the same ability yet to make an impact in the midfield but offers a lot more in terms of finishing. You would say the obvious choice is goldsack and fasolo out for Thomas and Reid. I think Didak played well and deserves to keep his spot. The real decision for mine, would be if it came down to blair or fasolo as a sub. I'd probly take fasolo, but not to start.

Wellingham would come in for Daisy

and

Reid comes in for Goldsack

Already rubbing Wellers out? Sheesh, at least let the idiots that are the MRP do that first.

Personally I would prefer Goldy in over Fas due to his ability to play back and forward.

I really like him and think he adds a lot. It comes down to selection though, and for mine it comes down to Blair or Fasolo. Blair is better around the game and tackles probly a little better. Fasolo doesnt have the same ability yet to make an impact in the midfield but offers a lot more in terms of finishing. You would say the obvious choice is goldsack and fasolo out for Thomas and Reid. I think Didak played well and deserves to keep his spot. The real decision for mine, would be if it came down to blair or fasolo as a sub. I'd probly take fasolo, but not to start.

Agree with this :thumbsu:

Wheres Didak at 14 touches in his 200th his battling form. Fasolo seems to have the x factor Didak once had.
Didak's dribble attempt at goal showed where his at.

Maybe i talked myself into changing my mind, but the more i think about our weakness this year, it has been our forward line. Sidebottom didak and blair havent hit the scoreboard as much as you would like in the 2nd half of the year. Maybe we need him in there to be that threat. For what its worth, i dont think he should be judged for his game against the cats. If our forward line plays with such little pressure alonside the midfield as per that game, no player we have on the half forward flank will be able to do anything.

hes also a player with great enthusiasm who could spark the others. We dont seem to have that same level as last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wheres Didak at 14 touches in his 200th his battling form. Fasolo seems to have the x factor Didak once had.

Didak tried to pick it up which was an error, probably, but Selwood just jumped him to the ground with the ball out in front. Clear free kick, was spewing carrots and peas at the umpire after that.

Dids been getting plenty of ball leading up to this match, I think he's going to be fine. His touches were good touches, just didn't get in enough contests but then again we didn't move the ball well out of the wing for a big chunk of the game.

If Fasolo stays in it will be as the sub, its a great role for him as he can have an influence immediately.

I think he will get pushed out in the prelim tho, I still have my doubts about him handling finals pressure.

First of all, Fasolo has the potential to be a 200 game+ star for us and has played well recently, HOWEVER, in the first half (when it counted) against Geelong last week he was brushed aside easily a couple of times and just didn't step up when he HAD to in order to secure his finals spot.

It's Daisy or Fasolo!

Blair is needed for his in and under tackle pressure. Goldsack is needed as a backup for backline injury concerns but should make way for Reid.

Dids requires a quality opposition opponent and has played well recently other than a quiet day yesterday in scrambling conditions.

We all love Fasolos X factor...I don't think he is ready for a full on Geelong Grand Final right now.

He seems to have gone past didak.. so should the roles be reversed and didak made the sub instead of fas? i certainly think so

First of all, Fasolo has the potential to be a 200 game+ star for us and has played well recently, HOWEVER, in the first half (when it counted) against Geelong last week he was brushed aside easily a couple of times and just didn't step up when he HAD to in order to secure his finals spot.

It's Daisy or Fasolo!

Blair is needed for his in and under tackle pressure. Goldsack is needed as a backup for backline injury concerns but should make way for Reid.

Dids requires a quality opposition opponent and has played well recently other than a quiet day yesterday in scrambling conditions.

We all love Fasolos X factor...I don't think he is ready for a full on Geelong Grand Final right now.
People have been talking about how much the Geelong match meant nothing, but for some reason its the reason for Fasolo to get dropped? If we held form from that match as a reason, then didak would be the first player out. Geelong were bullying our young players when the senior players were not even bothering to help. If our senior guys play that badly again, it doesnt matter who is in the side because we will lose.

People have been talking about how much the Geelong match meant nothing, but for some reason its the reason for Fasolo to get dropped? If we held form from that match as a reason, then didak would be the first player out. Geelong were bullying our young players when the senior players were not even bothering to help. If our senior guys play that badly again, it doesnt matter who is in the side because we will lose.
The problem for Fasolo is that he tried hard and was beaten in 1 on 1 contests. He looked a little lost. Blair came on and showed the difference.

Didak has still been putting in hard runs, he just hasn't been as damaging with his disposal as we're used to. He's still providing links in play but he could have easily kicked a couple of goals yesterday, and if he did that nobody would be mentioning him.

I'd have Fasolo in, I don't know who for though, if Wellingham is suspended which I really hope he isn't but it's still a possibility, I would keep Fas in, and bring in Daisy for Wellingham and make Dids the sub.

Next weeks ins should be Reid and Thomas. Outs Goldsack and Fasolo.

Fasolo will be the first picked if any other players are missing, but at the moment is just outside our best 22.

HOWEVER....

If Dids has another stinker (and he may well start as sub in the PF)...Malthouse may have one last tough decision to make if we get through to the GF. Didak will have to play well or find himself dropped like Davis was last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

The selection of Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back