The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Something I have been wondering about that doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the costs estimates for the stadium are all the associated taxes. Any accountants on here that can provide a rough guesstimate of what percentage of the state government's contribution will be paid straight back to them in company tax by the contractors, income tax by the builders/workers and GST?

Very basic maths suggests quite a bit if they are contributing say 50% of the overall costs and getting back taxes on the entire project. Am I delusional in wondering if it might even come close to a wash for the state government?

LOL the same people that are telling you it's $750 mill and not more that $1 billion. Sure thing.
No offense but you sound like the anti-stadium fruitloops. Who have been wrong about pretty much everything.

LOL the same people that are telling you it's $750 mill and not more that $1 billion. Sure thing.
Given the politics thrown at this by fruit cake Lambie, the Local Labor party & the Greens, &now the ALP has finally been honest about it (Construction Unions, Tourism, small business & ALP supporters being pro stadium), I CGAFRA what it cost now.
We'll have it & it'll be an economic & social game changer for this place.
Also the NIMBY Battery Point types can GAGF as well.

The stadium designers were named a few days ago, Cox Achitecture. They have said that the current mock up designs are "an example of what the company does not want to do".
If they are planning to show off a design in June that does not leave much time...
They talk about keeping the height down around the perimeter, even hinting that may need to lower the playing surface. Hmmm.
I think a big challenge they will have is finding a way for other sports to use it in a way that works. Putting soccer on to Marvel does not really work, the crowd is too far away. They will need to be creative.

One thing to be posative about is these guys know stadiums... involved in Perth, Adeliade and the roofed stadium in Dunedin (that one does is not a looker, looks wise that is an example of want no one will want).

Back