Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't go today. Would have been groups of 8, in the light session. My friend thinks they'll do two main sessions since we don't play til Saturday. So I'll go down tomorrow and Thurs.

Just after I posted that I remembered it would probably be main (both contact?) sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, captains run on Friday.

The club tweeted the photo of Keane before and threw me off track!

I may have misheard the radio before but I'm fairly sure we're playing the Saints in a scratch match at about 11am on Saturday at the MCG.

Just after I posted that I remembered it would probably be main (both contact?) sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, captains run on Friday.

The club tweeted the photo of Keane before and threw me off track!

I may have misheard the radio before but I'm fairly sure we're playing the Saints in a scratch match at about 11am on Saturday at the MCG.
That makes sense they would.

Yeah, my friend said the two contact sessions could be tues and thurs also. So I'll go down both days.

Interesting, would have thought he would have went against Cox, not Lynch. If anything, good experience for Lynchy.
Cox is a forward option for the seniors, who only ever gets limited ruck minutes. It makes sense that he'd also play forward when coming back through the ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Groups of 7-8, which was annoying. They need more team sessions not less. But it is what it is.

Grundy did some running, chatted to Bucks and went inside. I'm not worried, Thurs we'll know more.

It was two groups at a time on the ground. First was Forwards and Mids. Then Defenders and more forward. Then the remaining defenders. Mids.

I bumped into Treloar as he was coming into the club. He isn't sure if he will be in full training on Thurs. I suppose that's up to the medicos to see whether he is ready yet.

Ruscoe training with the forwards.
Cameron was showing Will Kelly about some positioning with being a forward.
Cox looked fine.
There was lots of drills with hands-off, and groundball work. Goal kicking at the very end of the sessions. Stevo looked good. Really fit, I see no reason he won't get selected.

Roughy worked with Kevin White for a while, but joined back to his defenders not long after. Not sure what that was about though.

Groups of 7-8, which was annoying. They need more team sessions not less. But it is what it is.

Grundy did some running, chatted to Bucks and went inside. I'm not worried, Thurs we'll know more.

It was two groups at a time on the ground. First was Forwards and Mids. Then Defenders and more forward. Then the remaining defenders. Mids.

I bumped into Treloar as he was coming into the club. He isn't sure if he will be in full training on Thurs. I suppose that's up to the medicos to see whether he is ready yet.

Ruscoe training with the forwards.
Cameron was showing Will Kelly about some positioning with being a forward.
Cox looked fine.
There was lots of drills with hands-off, and groundball work. Goal kicking at the very end of the sessions. Stevo looked good. Really fit, I see no reason he won't get selected.

Roughy worked with Kevin White for a while, but joined back to his defenders not long after. Not sure what that was about though.

On the first point, the restricted sessions won't help anyone but we do have the advantage of having a more experienced list. The players have a good idea of what's expected and what to expect of each other.

No doubt Grundy would be sore from whatever happened to him last Thursday which resulted in the medicos massaging his stomach region. Hoping he's OK, he was BOG in our last encounter against the Saints.

Doesn't sound like Treloar is any chance for the Saints game, as we all assumed. Hopefully not too far off.

Thanks for the update Jen!

Probably so they can have breakfast, train, have lunch, and then go home at a reasonable hour.

I do hope we do more night sessions with Rounds 4 and 5 being night games however.
Yeah, I assume its to keep some kind of schedule.

I did like that we trained on the thurs night before last week. They should do that more often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back