Remove this Banner Ad

This is the seasons 1 to 6 thread.

The Season 7, 8, 9 thread is here:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast

Announced to begin on Oct 31st, AMC Networks new series (have brought us Mad Man, Breaking Bad and now Rubicon) The Walking Dead has been created for television by Frank Darabont (director of Shawshank Redemtion) and producer Gale Ann Hurd (Terminator, Aliens etc.)

Based on one of the more critically lauded comic book series in recent years and certainly a fan favourite, it is a post apocalyptic tale filled with zombies, tragedy, heartache and plenty of gore.

Really, really looking forward to this. As both a fan of the original comics and AMC's short run of original series, the show looks like it could be an absolute winner. Killer director, solid cast, great story and amazing production values it will certainly rival The Broadwalk Empire as my most anticipated show this year.

This is the seasons 1 to 6 thread.

Season 7, 8, 9 thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned
Looks good.

I've always been a fan of post apocalyptic films so I'll be checking this out for sure.
First thing I thought when I heard about this was, bring on the zombie apocalypse.

AMC seems to be the new HBO so I have high hopes.

Also glad this is a TV series and not movie because it is very character driven and I don't think 2 hours could do the original comics justice.

First thing I thought when I heard about this was, bring on the zombie apocalypse.

AMC seems to be the new HBO so I have high hopes.

Also glad this is a TV series and not movie because it is very character driven and I don't think 2 hours could do the original comics justice.

Yeah I agree, had it been on any channel except HBO and maybe SHO (because of Dexter) I doubt I'd even consider this.

• Banned
[YOUTUBE]ZrSHsZtZa4E[/YOUTUBE]

Quick interviews from Comic-con with some of the cast.

If Lincoln is to be believed and this stays true to the comic books in terms of impact and character development the series will be raw and very graphic.

Hurry up October........

It would be interseting to see that is AMC will beat its own show breaking bad or not? this new series is like zombie or something horror. I am looking forward to it.

Looks interesting. How he wakes up in the hospital reminds me of 28 days later. I always had a problem with that a scene, why didn't they attack the person while they are in a coma? Going by that theory the best way to get by a zombie apocalypse is to pretend to sleep whenever you come across a zombie.:D

While many people many people claim that 28 days later a great movie I thought it was average. Though I believe that it was the first to introduce the "running" zombie. I thought that was a good idea because they appear to be more of a threat than the slow walking shuffling type. It also means that even one zombie can be a threat while with a walking zombie a person can easily escape it with a light jog.

Anyway I like how they made this into a T.V series. I've often thought that zombie apocalypse type stories would translate better as a T.V series. What I would like to see however is a T.V series where it starts with the cause (most likely a virus) of the zombie apocalypse is released and then shows the world slowly decending into chaos as it spreads. All the zombie movies start with a person "waking up" in an already developed apocalypse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking opening episode. Loves me a zombie story and this is looking to be a superb one.

It's getting a little cliche the whole "waking up in a hospital after everything has gone down" but I guess it's the only way you can really get to the meat of the action without having to go through the set up of how it all does go down.

Certainly doesn't pull any punches with plenty of violence and probably a semi-controversial opening scene too!

Definitely interested in seeing where this goes.

C
It's getting a little cliche the whole "waking up in a hospital after everything has gone down" but I guess it's the only way you can really get to the meat of the action without having to go through the set up of how it all does go down.

Definitely agree, with the hospital thing. Its not that hard to think of a situation in which someone is out of contact with the world for a few days to a week.

Apart from that, seemed pretty good. Lol'd at his oh shii moment in the city when he went round the corner.

Also vale horse.

Definitely agree, with the hospital thing. Its not that hard to think of a situation in which someone is out of contact with the world for a few days to a week.
Day of the Triffids was the first one to do something like that I think.

Apparently it was a good first episode. Of course I'll have to wait until it comes to Aus... probably at 1AM on Wednesdays... on SevenTwo.

I've been reading the comics - about half way through. Dialogue is pretty average but the story is solid.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening - Seasons 1 to 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back