Them crazy Russians

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ewok

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2001
Russian special forces have just stormed that Moscow building ending the siege but in the process it seems killing many hostages also

Negotiation Russian style!

Originally posted by The Ewok
Russian special forces have just stormed that Moscow building ending the siege but in the process it seems killing many hostages also

Good thing too coz i heard those chechens said they would start to kill hostages, so those Russian Special Forces, the Alpha Squad, stormed the theatre. I think they might have put some sleeping gas into the place to dull everyone inside coz some were hostages, and some were chechens with bombs strapped to themselves.

From what I've heard the terrorists started executing hostages after the Russians failed to meet their demands before the deadline. The Russians then rushed the building and killed approximately 40 terrorists, the only hostages killed were those shot by the terrorists (or so the Russians are telling us).

Originally posted by The Ewok

Get a clue you fool

Said in the paper today that 67 hostages were killed with many more injured in the siege plus 34 of the 67 terrorists were killed.

The storming of the theatre began when the terrorists executed 2 of the hostages.

Originally posted by hourn
Said in the paper today that 67 hostages were killed with many more injured in the siege plus 34 of the 67 terrorists were killed.

The storming of the theatre began when the terrorists executed 2 of the hostages.

Not only that, but the Russian Special Forces group won't say wot type of gas they used to pump into the theatre. While the chechen rebels were affected, which was the objective, many of the hostages suffered apparent 'gas poisoning'. The doctors said that they need to know wot it was so they can treat the patients properly, but the Russian Special Forces remain tigh lipped. I might have heard the word 'valium' being mentioned in the news.

Well overall i spose you can say the Russian SF's didn't have much of a choice, especially if the chechen rebels were gonna start killing hostages. While around 70 hostages were killed, many more were saved. A good result in the circumstances. What does everyone else think?

It appears it was the Ruski gas that did most damage. However, 70 in lieu of 1000 was still a favorable result. Only the weak negotiate with terrorists.

I think Putin is the most popular leader for many years of any significant country. Just hope they don' have interns in his office
:eek:

Make that 115.

Originally posted by knuckles
It appears it was the Ruski gas that did most damage. However, 70 in lieu of 1000 was still a favorable result. Only the weak negotiate with terrorists.

I think Putin is the most popular leader for many years of any significant country. Just hope they don' have interns in his office
:eek:

Make that 115.

I signed up for this listing thing at cnn.com just after September 11, which basically sends out an email to you about breakingn ews the CNN is aware of. I then got one today saying:

"All but one of 118 dead hostages in Moscow theater standoff died from gas
poisoning, Russia's chief medical examiner says."

Originally posted by Thrawn
The Russians are the best when it comes with dealing with terrorism... they take no crap from anybody. Any terrorist that cross the Russians are screwed.

Discussed that at work the other day. Gave them 2 days before they stormed it killing anbyone to end it, or just blowing the joint up. Even though it was pretty messy in the end, it got a result.

When I think of Russians (be it in sport or real-life situations) I think of people, who don't stuff up, who are cold, calaculating and don't choke. They get the job done in other words.

Several dozens people may have tragically died, but if you give in to terrorrist demands, you end up with more terrorists who know they can get away with it.

You do not give into their demands under any circumstances. If it costs lives, so be it. Not giving into their demands saves many more lives in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dan26
When I think of Russians (be it in sport or real-life situations) I think of people, who don't stuff up,

Didn't see the Spartak Moscow 3 vs Bindippers 1 result hey?

who are cold,

Yeah, Napoleon's French and Hitler's German invading armies learned that the hard (and frozen) way.

calaculating and

True, but all their Jewish scientists now work in Israel.

don't choke.

Unless you've been gassed whilst being rescued.

They get the job done in other words.

So you're saying that they planned the disintegration of the Soviet bloc? That's an interesting idea.

If the gas hadn't been used, the alternative was much worse - perhaps 1,000 people, dead, if the terrorirsts succeeded in blowing up the theatre.

Where one can be most critical is why antidotes weren't given quickly enough to those that needed it. The hospitals weren't prepared, but with warning, they might have been.

On the Today show this morning, the reporter said that the American and British governments have slammed the Russians for not telling the doctors what type of gas they used.

I interpret that to mean that the Russians have a new chemical weapon and the US and UK military are keen to get their hands on it.

Am I close or am I just another crazy conspiracy theorist?

Originally posted by Dan26
If it costs lives, so be it. Not giving into their demands saves many more lives in the future.

I wonder if you'd be saying that if your loved one was killed by a government trying to prove a point.

I can't believe a 26 yr old could come up with crap like that. You're a ........ idiot.

Originally posted by Harry
On the Today show this morning, the reporter said that the American and British governments have slammed the Russians for not telling the doctors what type of gas they used.

I interpret that to mean that the Russians have a new chemical weapon and the US and UK military are keen to get their hands on it.

Am I close or am I just another crazy conspiracy theorist?

Apparently the name of the substance being currently bandied about is BZ, which was a compound that the US used in Vietnam but they stopped using it because it was too hard to control the dosage. It is outlawed by various weapons conventions.

Also, apparently, eyewitnesses say everyone except one person died from the gas rather than from being shot. This means that Russian troops were going up to unconscious terrorists and THEN shooting them in the head. What do people think of that?

Originally posted by Yianni
...Also, apparently, eyewitnesses say everyone except one person died from the gas rather than from being shot. This means that Russian troops were going up to unconscious terrorists and THEN shooting them in the head. What do people think of that?

Nothing wrong with that IMO. They are 'terrorists' who dared to take a theatre full of people hostage. If they are prepared to do stuff like that they have to be prepared to receive wot's coming to them, especially in Russia where they don't take s h i t from people that screw them around.

Originally posted by stumpy
I think that the terrorists should have detained you in the theatre and killed you because of all the stupid comments that you have made. I am sure that Bluey will ban you for good and it would do you some good

Suzi, I think that it might just be you that gets banned for good this time. Myee8 may have called you a $%###$ whatever, but then to say what you did, it was totally uncalled for.

Plus you are yet to explain how the Russians could have let all the hostages go and keep the rebels in the theatre? I don't think you have a proper understanding of the events going on?

ANYWHERE.......

The russians should have let all the hostages go and left the rebels in the theatre.

Congratulations.

You have just posted the most stupid and ill-informed post in BigFooty history.

Although, I'm sure you have knocked off another one of your posts to achieve this.

Bad luck I have already reported you to ...

For someone who has many close Russian friends, more specifically in Moscow, I find this post completely and utterly offensive. I do not know who you are, but please, if you wish to continue with your pathetic, naive, sheltered little life, please do not offend other people. I suggest you edit your comments immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back