Roast They got what they deserved tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

waldo48

Debutant
Oct 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
:( So much for the "Fab Four" and what a great side Carlton are! Welcome to the real world fellas The simple fact is that Essendon came to play and deserved their win. They wanted the ball more and got most of their goals through turnovers and slack play by Carlton.

Don't bother blaming the Umpires for Essendon's win. maybe the free kicks were there and maybe they weren't. But it was Carlton's turnovers and general unwillingness to do the hard things that cost the game.

How can you hope to win when Fevola's mind is not on the game and probably not even in Melbourne- 4 goals 8 points what a bloody disgrace when you consider most of his shots were from 20 - 40 meters out. You can also put in this category Simpson ( a goal kicking wingman don't make me laugh), Wiggins missing from 10 meters and Cloke from near the same distance.

No the simple fact is that this bunch got ahead of themselves and thought they only had to turn up to win. They got what they deserved and good luck to Essendon. If they thought tonight was tough, wait until they get to Sydney next week, then they will really find out what close tagging ang hard tackling is. Let's hope they are up to it.

Tonight should be one hell of a reality check for them and let's see if they have the balls to go out and really put it on the line for a win.:mad:

They? Shouldn't it be we? Piss off troll.
Agree - not good enough but we should learn from it
We are 2-1. Still better than many previous years. Perhaps a reality check for players, coaches and fans

Most frustrated I've been after a game in years.

Even when the game was on the line so many players were just skirting around packs hoping a teammate would go in for the hardball instead of themself. We played like pussies and as a result deserved to lose.

We are better than this and we all know it which is why it's so annoying. We played absolutely shocking football at times.

Fevola will and should be very hard on himself over his kicking tonight, we know it is an abberation but to have such a poor return from so many opportunities is inexcusable. He monstered daniher and should have kicked 8 goals.

Thornton and Waite are both good footballers but at times they can be absolute ****ing morons and it's fair to say that had they not stupidly lost their cool in the third quarter we might have been able to somehow salvage a win.

Simpson I have always been a fan of but honestly, he should be ordered to handpass every time he has the ball inside 50.

Garlett isn't up to it yet and it was plainly obvious against Brisbane, can't believe Scotland was dropped after ONE average game. Hasn't he done enough over the last few years to prove he is AFL standard and that he deserves more than one poor performance to justify being cut.

Ratten should place a ban on players reading the papers because I think they started to get sucked in by the hype. They should follow Judd's example in avoiding sport press articles because going on tonight's match he is the only player I beleive can hold his head up high.

What a load of horseshit.
the reality check I mean is we still need to turn up and play well to win. We cannot expect for teams to roll over and die just because we are no longer wooden spooners. But we still need to field a good and fit team, have a game plan, execute it and put the score on the board. As a fan perhaps I thought we had enough pieces of the puzzle and enough experience to make that a no brainer against a weaker outfit like Ess. I was wrong. I hope it does not happen again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton deserved to loose, they always ****ing get ahead of themselves!!! We always loose those crucial games!!! Lets face it Essendons list is rubbish. They had so many injures and still beat us! Its shows it doesn't matter how good the team is, its who wants to win more, and Essendon did on the day!

Carlton deserved to loose, they always ****ing get ahead of themselves!!! We always loose those crucial games!!! Lets face it Essendons list is rubbish.

We didn't deserve to lose, and I'd like to think it was supporters and the media that was getting ahead. We win crucial games as well, and Essendon's list isn't rubbish.

We didn't deserve to loose, and I'd like to think it was supporters and the media that was getting ahead. We win crucial games as well, and Essendon's list isn't rubbish.

We got ahead of ourselves and played cocky and we got stitched by Essendon. To me they deserved to loose! Last year we had crucial games agaisnst sydney and Adelaide and just lost! And Essendons list is Rubbish, Not as bad as Collingwoods though!

For the love of everything good on this planet, the opposite of win is LOSE. The opposite of tight is LOOSE.

Learn it.

Understand it.

Use it.

Re: the footy. Frustrating, disappointing, and on the cards from pretty early in the game. Was really just another copy of the two losses last year. We seem to dominate periods of the game, but don't create the scoreboard differential we should, then seem to go to sleep whilst Essendon run straight up the middle at us.

Fev should have won it in the first half. We should have broken it open in the third. I'm curious as to who the players thought was going to win the game for them, whilst they were ambling alongside the Essendon players streaking through the square.

Well done Bombers, though. They just seem to have our number - which is infuriating, seeing as I believe right now, as I did before the game, we should be a superior side.

For the love of everything good on this planet, the opposite of win is LOSE. The opposite of tight is LOOSE.

Learn it.

Understand it.

Use it.
Forgive me but it's ****ing 12:54am and I've had quite a few and the fact that i'm stringing together fairly understandable sentences is something of an accomplishment. Clearly I was referring to there not being a loose man in defence. :)

Essendon have just been our bogey side for the last 2 years. They match up really well on us and I knew that the game was far from over (even at quarter time). Hope the boys learn from this and use it as motivation for the rest of the season. I'm not completely devastated. We're 2-1, last year we were 0-3. Things are improving.

Don't bother blaming the Umpires for Essendon's win. maybe the free kicks were there and maybe they weren't.
They weren't. Well, two of them - in the worst possible place.

However, if we aspire to finals then that means we have to be good enough to comfortably beat Essendon and ****wits like Chris Donlon put together. Furthermore, to be a serious finals side we need consistency. That quality continues to elude us.
But it was Carlton's turnovers and general unwillingness to do the hard things that cost the game.
The biggest hard thing was to run and create options rather than stand on your heels all night. Say what you like about Carrazzo, but this is something he never stops doing. Scotland is a close second and we missed them both tonight. When no-one does it, it puts pressure on our ball carrier.

Aside from the first quarter we were forced to play the game on Essendon's terms all night - and in that first quarter we failed to take our chances.

We were one tall defender short and missed Waite's drive off half-back. The Bombers made sure we didn't have time and space to use the ball going into the forward 50.

I'd have to say we were totally out-coached on the night, and probably even at the selection table. That's quite aside from the clangers you've noted.
How can you hope to win when Fevola's mind is not on the game and probably not even in Melbourne- 4 goals 8 points what a bloody disgrace when you consider most of his shots were from 20 - 40 meters out.
Totally unfair on Fev. He was where he was meant to be, and doing everything he should have been except kicking straight. If you want to criticise someone, have a go at the autograph hounds that had him hobbling around The Palladium on Monday night just so they could have a souvenir on the fridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast They got what they deserved tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back