Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

My son was in the pool from about 3 or 4 months. He was born prem and a nurse suggested introducing him to baby swim classes to help develop his muscles. I'm not a strong swimmer, even though I had some lessons at school.
He went on to win a shit load of medals for his school and the state, was in nationals for water polo, and he is a keen surfer and scuba diver. I've always recommended young mums introduce their babies to the water asap; not to win medals but because we live in a country that has so much water. You need to safeguard your kids, and you are also allowing them to participate in so many activities with confidence.
Yeah we started doing swimming for my daughter from around 9 months. She's nearly two now, she really enjoys it.

Yeah we started doing swimming for my daughter from around 9 months. She's nearly two now, she really enjoys it.

Same with my son, he’s 9 and still loves it. I didn’t love it on a Sat morn if hungover though, that warm bordering on hot water wasn’t refreshing, and singing the same ****ing songs every week got annoying too.

Same with my son, he’s 9 and still loves it. I didn’t love it on a Sat morn if hungover though, that warm bordering on hot water wasn’t refreshing, and singing the same ****ing songs every week got annoying too.
Haha.

Don't really head out much these days, and especially on a Friday night. Always been a morning person which is good. Lesson is at 8.30 and only 10 mins away.

Some of the songs are annoying but my daughter loves it, great to see the joy on her face.

Butler's pantries in new homes these days. A family friend had just bought a new in the outer suburbs; the kitchen had a single sink, 2 burners and oven, and fridge. The butler's pantry had a double sink, dishwasher, 4 burner and stove. It's like there is no point for the kitchen as he butler's pantry is better equipped

Butler's pantries in new homes these days. A family friend had just bought a new in the outer suburbs; the kitchen had a single sink, 2 burners and oven, and fridge. The butler's pantry had a double sink, dishwasher, 4 burner and stove. It's like there is no point for the kitchen as he butler's pantry is better equipped
Yeah I don’t get the butlers pantry, it’s all the rage on the Reno shows on tv. We’ve built 5 houses over the last 20 years and a butlers pantry wasn’t even an option in any our builds.

I think it's so you can just close the door to the mess if you have guests coming over

Our walk in pantry is awesome, and you could use your appliances in there, but we rarely do. Love the size though!

I think it's so you can just close the door to the mess if you have guests coming over

Our walk in pantry is awesome, and you could use your appliances in there, but we rarely do. Love the size though!
There was no doors on the butlers pantry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My (now) 3 year old LOVED it from about 3 months until 18 months then over the course of about 3 lessons he just got over the repetition and games so we stopped.

He’s a stubborn little arseh*le

My (now) 3 year old LOVED it from about 3 months until 18 months then over the course of about 3 lessons he just got over the repetition and games so we stopped.

He’s a stubborn little arseh*le

Same with the grandie - she loved it for about 3 sessions and then kicked off every lesson after until she finally scored the win and her mum stopped taking her

I think the issue was that we have a pool which she absolutely loves but there is of course no structure, just fun and then have to do “lessons” and she was like stuff that

We will end up just throwing her in until she starts swimming

Same with the grandie - she loved it for about 3 sessions and then kicked off every lesson after until she finally scored the win and her mum stopped taking her

I think the issue was that we have a pool which she absolutely loves but there is of course no structure, just fun and then have to do “lessons” and she was like stuff that

Probably not gonna quite go for the last line but I’ll teach him more as he gets older.

I am and was a very good swimmer and surfed for years, if he wants to be Ian Thorpe be can take it up again otherwise I’m comfortable I can teach him enough.

Probably not gonna quite go for the last line but I’ll teach him more as he gets older.

I am and was a very good swimmer and surfed for years, if he wants to be Ian Thorpe be can take it up again otherwise I’m comfortable I can teach him enough.

It’s not quite as bad as it sounds
I taught all three of mine and there is a technique to it - probably similar to what they learned at swim school

we've always had a pool - son just loved being in the water as much as possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back