Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the cane at our school and it hung on two hooks on the wall behind the Principals/Headmaster's desk
We got belted with whatever they could get their hands on at the time

Strap , cane, Cricket bat , hockey stick , branches , books , dusters , hands , wire .

Brutal brutal ****ers those Catholics brothers and nuns

Strap , cane, Cricket bat , hockey stick , branches , books , dusters , hands , wire .

We had an old brother fill in for a few weeks when I was in year 8. He lasted a few days, sent one kid out of class and grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the wall, maybe it was ok back in the day

they banned canning the year before I started High School, but I had heard the nuns at school didn't mind inflicting punishment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the best soundtracks ever, best car chase ever and probably most cars wrecked ever. All time favourite movie.

not even close, i thought the second blues brothers movie had the most car wrecks, they had 103 and 104 respectfully, Transformers 3 had 532

The Blues Brothers were one of the handful of movies that we owned on video when we were kids back in the 80s and we watched it so many times I could probably recite the dialogue from it word for word, an all time classic comedy with a classic soundtrack.

Younger co workers hanging shit on me for having shit weekends. My weekends of watching sport, taking kid to the park etc, helping with a school diorama and mowing the lawn is average compared to their pub and bag sessions, shopping, brunches and dinner parties.

I am poor on minimum wage. I'd love a young co-worker weekend

Younger co workers hanging shit on me for having shit weekends. My weekends of watching sport, taking kid to the park etc, helping with a school diorama and mowing the lawn is average compared to their pub and bag sessions, shopping, brunches and dinner parties.
What are they doing?

We had a beer pong world cup at the soccer club Saturday night. Partnered with another guy in his mid 30's, oldest participant was 49. Club closed around 1130pm and oldies all went home, youngsters tried dragging us all to town.

I'm washed, I was hungover from an 'early' finish. I'd need a sickie today had I kicked on with them!

When it comes to work, there's not many fun people here so the old 'quiet one' gets run every Monday. They don't need to know any antics, though they probably think I'm as boring as I think they are lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things that Make You Feel Old

Remove this Banner Ad

Back