Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

that was the thing I didn't like about Vancouver. I was last there in 2018 and the drug scene seemed to be pretty bad - has it improved?
The casual weed thing? Nah, that’s common. Not really a problem or issue. Just more socially accepted.

Took him through East Hastings on way to football game yesterday though. In a way it’s good because the homeless/drug problem is confined to a few blocks. It’s confronting though.

The casual weed thing? Nah, that’s common. Not really a problem or issue. Just more socially accepted.

Took him through East Hastings on way to football game yesterday though. In a way it’s good because the homeless/drug problem is confined to a few blocks. It’s confronting though.
when we were there the streets looked like a scene from The Living Dead. I had to see a GP when I was there and he said a lot of pot was being laced with other drugs (eg. fentanyl).

this article was talking about 2016, and we were there just a couple of years later, so maybe things have improved

when we were there the streets looked like a scene from The Living Dead. I had to see a GP when I was there and he said a lot of pot was being laced with other drugs.
Yep. You walk one or two blocks too far it’s it’s like that in a certain area. Go the other way and it’s fancy hotels, cruise ships and touristy stuff.

Yep. You walk one or two blocks too far it’s it’s like that in a certain area. Go the other way and it’s fancy hotels, cruise ships and touristy stuff.
We were there for a conference (fancy hotel next to the terminal) and then went on a cruise to Alaska from there. We love to walk, so had no idea which ares to avoid.

Was there in 1990, loved the place. Even then there were areas near Gastown that you had to avoid needles on the ground etc.

Three-day work conference in Cairns. 5 star hotel and $100 a day meal allowance.
I think i went to a place called pantry15 when i was there that had some keto options. Salt house too i know had gf options but maybe not keto.

But do your own research!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think i went to a place called pantry15 when i was there that had some keto options. Salt house too i know had gf options but maybe not keto.

But do your own research!
I think I might skip breakfast, lunch is provided at the conference, and find somewhere where I can order a $100 steak for dinner.

A Fisherman's Basket on a cold Friday winter's evening from a local fish 'n chips shop. Thank you, Menulog.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spent two weeks hunting one of these to put under a desk.

drawers.jpg
$189-$270 everywhere you look.

Found one on Facebook Marketplace for $50 but the seller kept ****ing me around. Glad he did; discovered a warehouse in Sunshine that sells all the old furniture from office refits and company liquidations. Picked up 3 for $20 each, a tool trolley for $5 (count 'em - FIVE bucks!) and a pair of executive office chairs for $100 each.

Happy lad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back