This story's really gathering momentum

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's a hole. Spent 18 hours there across yesterday and today and that was 18 too many.

I guess Aker gets the chance for a dress rehersal in front of his new suitors next week. That is if he's fit to play. He must be playing under duress if today's form is any guide.

There is no doubt he could earn a lot more money playing for any other team. He is a match winner who already has a brownlow and 2 priemerships to his name. He would probably make a fortune in the media if he was based in either Sydney or Melbourne. I don't think someone who has taken a pay cut this year to help the team stay together is then going to another club to make more money. He looks happier on the field than he has in years. When all the controversy over whether he will stay or go has finished I think you will see him extend his contract.
At least I hope so!

The Lions aren't negotiating with any players at the moment due to the uncertainty of the allowances and concessions that will be in place next year. All out of contract players will be targetted by the media, and it is highly unlikely we will be able to hold on to all of them. That said, it is way too early to speculate on who will head where or who will remain, these articles are just fishing expeditions.

is it just my imagination, or is Aker playing a different style of game this season? I can't remember him tackling as much in previous seasons, and he's running 6th in tackle stats right now...even one place higher than Vossy!

Originally posted by adey115
I reckon Aka's gone up a notch on last years form.

I would have said the opposite myself. To me, he has been very sporadic in his form. Also, he hasn't made the most of his opportunities with the ball - he's kicked a lot of behinds this year already.

I also had the feeling he was playing with an injury on Sunday . . . . until I saw him turn someone inside-out in front of the Brownlow Stand.

He would have to be the quickest out of the blocks out of any player Ive seen. The amount of times he breaks away from a pack ball in hand... I don't think he will leave. At least I hope not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

This story's really gathering momentum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back