Thoughts on Cameron Wood being re-rookied?

Should Cameron Wood be re-rookied if Richmond don't take him?

• Absolutely! Our window is open, he's essential experienced ruck depth.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Yeah, might be handy.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Nah, very unlikely to be needed.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • No way! Insane to even consider it.

Votes: 62 76.5%
  • No opinion, show me the poll results.

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is also possible, though i hope not the case, that the club will leave this pick to see if Wood finds another club. It is my understanding the Wood had a year to run on his contract and as such his salary will be included in next years TPP if no other club covers his contract. Therefore, if Richmond do not take Wood in the PSD he may be rookied by the club.

This quote came up in another thread.

What are your thoughts on Cameron Wood being re-rookied?

It is also possible, though i hope not the case, that the club will leave this pick to see if Wood finds another club. It is my understanding the Wood had a year to run on his contract and as such his salary will be included in next years TPP if no other club covers his contract. Therefore, if Richmond do not take Wood in the PSD he may be rookied by the club.

Can't see this happening. Everything the club has said so far has indicated that they thought the VFL team had to play too many rucks last year, and it didn't help Witts etc improve when we often had to play Wood as first ruck in the VFL.

Irrespective of what us punters think of Cameron Wood, the club has taken a strong stand on him by delisting him mid-contract. (if that's what's happened?). And it was all the more bolder given it was leaving our ruck stocks dry - both Ceglar and Shae were delisted at the same time. We didn't know that we would get to pick up Grundy in the draft.

So I see there are two rational reasons why he should not be rookied...

(1) The club have openly stated that getting game time into our developing rucks was a problem in 2012. If we get Wood back then we're back to where we started. Cameron Wood should not be allowed to take any game time away from Jolly, Lynch, Witts, Grundy or Gault. In the event of a catastrophic list of injuries, keep a VFL ruck or two on standby to cover for our developing rucks in case they need to move up to the seniors.

(2) The club has openly identified that the club culture needs to be improved. What kind of cultural message would it send to kick out a player mid-contract (for whatever reasons) only to then let them back in again?

Good luck to Cameron Wood. I really hope he gets picked up by Richmond and he does well. But he must not, under any circumstances be let back into the Westpac Centre.

He was given every chance at Collingwood (I'd say more than any other player has been afforded) and it didn't work out. The door has closed and should stay closed.

Irrespective of what us punters think of Cameron Wood, the club has taken a strong stand on him by delisting him mid-contract. (if that's what's happened?). And it was all the more bolder given it was leaving our ruck stocks dry - both Ceglar and Shae were delisted at the same time. We didn't know that we would get to pick up Grundy in the draft.

So I see there are two rational reasons why he should not be rookied...

(1) The club have openly stated that getting game time into our developing rucks was a problem in 2012. If we get Wood back then we're back to where we started. Cameron Wood should not be allowed to take any game time away from Jolly, Lynch, Witts, Grundy or Gault. In the event of a catastrophic list of injuries, keep a VFL ruck or two on standby to cover for our developing rucks in case they need to move up to the seniors.

(2) The club has openly identified that the club culture needs to be improved. What kind of cultural message would it send to kick out a player mid-contract (for whatever reasons) only to then let them back in again?

Good luck to Cameron Wood. I really hope he gets picked up by Richmond and he does well. But he must not, under any circumstances be let back into the Westpac Centre.

He was given every chance at Collingwood (I'd say more than any other player has been afforded) and it didn't work out. The door has closed and should stay closed.

Amen to that!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu:

They preferred to play injured players over Wood this season. Says it all.

The bloke had plenty of opportunities (5 years worth) to prove himself but let everyone down. We don't need to waste our time on blokes like that, will get you nowhere fast except the bottom of the ladder.

Witts, Grundy and Gault is sufficient ruck depth.

Our VFL side will be tall enough as is next year with Keeffe, Paine, Witts, Grundy, Gault, Hartley, Richmond then add in VFL players K.Pendlebury, Eddy and Bolland and we have more than enough talls and cover.

From the end of the 2010 season it was pretty clear who Cameron Wood is. In short not someone I want playing on my team and I'm very happy with his replacements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having a go at anyone here but the OP justifies taking Cam Wood because we (may) have to pay his wage anyway. Thats like ordering a chicken salad, being served a shit sandwich and feeling obligated to eat the sandwich because we already paid for the salad.

Surely the original order would have to be a sandwich of some sort? I would be pretty suspicious if I got a shit sandwich when I ordered a salad. Having said that anyone who orders a salad probably deserves a shit sandwich.

Hine walking in to a meeting only to see item 1 on the agenda is "rookie listing Cameron Wood":

abe-simpson-gif.gif

the very last words from this short clip

Steel Magnolias = Worst film of all time. Easily.

The angst that this memory has vomited up from my soul is truly worthy of a Cameron Wood thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Cameron Wood being re-rookied?

Back