Remove this Banner Ad

Grrrrr

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2004
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool; Green Bay Packers
Just received a letter from St Kilda Football Club regarding ticket arrangements should St Kilda happen to make the grand final...

One point that is worth noting and is a blatant rip off.

In the event that St Kilda is not a participant in the Grand Final, Ticketmaster will refund all Credit Cards of ticket costs on Sunday 18th September, however a $10 Registration fee will be retained to cover administration costs incurred.

So, on the 13th or 14th September 2005 I will have my credit card debited for a grand final ticket or tickets PLUS a $10.00 administration fee even before we know which teams play off in the grand final!

Are Eagles members also receiving such correspondence?

Has this type of ticketing arrangement been in place for a grand final before?

yeah its for social club members.

Its a con, but what do you do?

i got the email.

If you don't sign up on the 13th BEFORE WE EVEN MAKE THE GRANDFINAL

you go into the general lottery on Monday

its a rape job by the AFL and tickmaster and we are screwed.

Unfortunately 4 of us who usually go together will register and bend over and get our coccyx fiddled with by Ticketba.stard.

Grrrrr said:
I don't think the Eagles use that system, Port have been using it for a few years though as the only way to access their allocation, we got the same thing this week. I don't really see the problem, it's about getting the tickets done quickly if you do make the final, so that means they have to do some work before they do, and that costs money :confused:

Russian said:
I don't think the Eagles use that system, Port have been using it for a few years though, we got the same thing this week. I don't really see the problem :confused:

Not judging the system, per se, more so the non refundable $10 that we have to forfeit. $10 is not a lot these days but it's a very handy gain for Ticketmaster.

Port has had the pleasure of using this system for the last 3 years and we can do so again this year. I think it is a good way to assure members of getting a GF ticket prior to the big week. A good way to sort out the die-hards from the band wagoners as well....

Grrrrr said:
Not judging the system, per se, more so the non refundable $10 that we have to forfeit. $10 is not a lot these days but it's a very handy gain for Ticketmaster.
$10 for 20,000 social club members across 4 football clubs = $200,000 k for NOTHING...

nice rort

bringbackbucky said:
Port has had the pleasure of using this system for the last 3 years and we can do so again this year. I think it is a good way to assure members of getting a GF ticket prior to the big week. A good way to sort out the die-hards from the band wagoners as well....

I agree with you, it means that everyone knows where they stand once the siren blows on the prelim final, no rush to find a spot in the cue, no images of people camping out all night for tickets.

The only downside from my point of view is, I think it is a bad omen to but tickets for something you haven't even qualified for, and I think it is poor form that ticketmaster can profit on the arrangement if we were unsuccesful in our quest for a GF berth. But I guess it isn't St Vincent DeTicketmaster.

bozza1980 said:
The only downside from my point of view is, I think it is a bad omen to but tickets for something you haven't even qualified for,

Trust me - i know what you mean about being a 'bad omen' by purchasing tickets prior to qualification. For 3 years straight i had convinced myself that my pre-booking a GF ticket was single handedly resposible for Ports miserable finals failures. 2004 happily put those fears to rest :) (although i no longer pre book flights - cos if i do we dont win!!!!)

You're right Dan but for my own piece of mind I'm more than happy to let them debit my credit card and know that we've got the tickets.

Back in 1997 we had supporters leaving the preliminary final, one of the greatest games in our history, to start queueing for tickets. There has to be a better system available than that.

I reckon $10 is a small price to pay.

It would be nice to actually be in the Grand Final before worrying about this crap but the system itself doesn't worry me that much.

Godfather.jpg
The eagles members have no problems, they know a guy.........Capiche !

Grrrrr said:

Nope, first in best dressed, members tickets go on sale on Sunday 18th. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a 50/50 split of the $10 donation to the Saints and Ticketmaster though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grrrrr said:
I'm happy to pay the $10 for peace of mind. As Russian said there are costs involved in doing this. Tomorrow I will be ringing up with the bar code number Port Adelaide has given me and all I'll have to worry about then is Port making it to the big dance. :)

dan warna said:
$10 for 20,000 social club members across 4 football clubs = $200,000 k for NOTHING...

nice rort

To be honest, I disagree.

Ticketmaster is a business, and they go about their day making their money! Thing is, they employ people... they have phones to answer and so forth. This time of year I can imagine its incredibly busy on the phonesand also tracking their web site.

Their staff dont work for free. While I think 10 bucks is steep, I can see what it's there. Everytime you speak to someone there or use their site it costs them money and incurs administration.... someone needs to pick up the tab for that and sadly its up.

Even if its just the assurance of knowing youre going to the GF when your teams wins the PF. I mean, its a hell of a lot better than the immediate thought of "i need to get tickets".. for 10 bucks Id wanna live the moment!! Add to that what is your time worth queueing up?

Again, I dont like it.... but I see what it's all about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketmaster Ticket Register

Remove this Banner Ad

Back