Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Could this change if the Kelly thing becomes too hard?
No. He said that now we have Hickey we’ve moved on from Lobb. Didn’t sound too concerned we’d missed out on him tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could this change if the Kelly thing becomes too hard?

They didn't specifically ask that but I got the impression that it wont change.

I wrote notes as I listened to the interview and for Lobb section I wrote: "Commitment to Tom. We've moved on now. Probably not in play there. Pretty much only Tom and TK".

EDIT: There was a little bit before that where I think Vozzo said Lobb wants to go to the highest paying club.

"Geelong haven't told us what they want for Kelly other than what we've heard in the media"
A whole week of trade negotiations have passed and they haven’t told our team what they want? :/

A whole week of trade negotiations have passed and they haven’t told our team what they want? :/

Correct.

I now have this theory now that Geelong will accept basically anything for Kelly but they don't want to do say it. They're planning on just waiting for us to make offers and then they'll take our highest bid near the end of the trade period.

That's my totally one eyed hope anyway.

images

Correct.

I now have this theory now that Geelong will accept basically anything for Kelly but they don't want to do say it. They're planning on just waiting for us to make offers and then they'll take our highest bid near the end of the trade period.

That's my totally one eyed hope anyway.
I reckon they're doing a GWS and hoping they can convince Kelly sometime in the next year to stay long term. We probably never were a realistic chance of getting him.

Offering a player a contract doesn't mean you are obliged to provide a silly trade value to acquire them.

We didn't just rock up to Brisbane with pick 17 and ask for Redden out of the blue, our people would have been in contact with his people during the year.

If Brisbane had turned around and say 'alright, he's worth a top 5 pick' then we would've bailed.

Hang in a sec, all the cats have done is put a price on the trade value.
The problem is that your valuation is too high .
Sydney gave up pick 13 for the points equivalent of pick 5 .
I would be fine with paying the points equivalent of 10-12 but orchestrating a trade for a top 10 pick is unfeasible.

Feels to me that this is all stall tactics to keep kelly another year

It keeps getting posted but is there actually anything other than fluff to suggest Brander wants to leave and go to Geelong?

Has already played a couple of games, showed glimpses, and he knows he's next in line when Kennedy retires in a couple of years.

Agree with these two gentlemen above.

Posted really early on the main board on the Kelly trade that it will / would get done due to the two very professional Clubs that both have a reputation for fair trading.

The sideshow predictably was always going to be the two respective sets of fans as there was certainly going to be a fracas in the sandpit as to which kid gets to play with which Tonka Toys.
Lots of shouting, some screaming lots of name calling and even some sand being hurled at each other and the odd occasional spitting incident.

Meanwhile in the staff room the adults ..... Wells and Rawlings ..... are engaged in a cordial, meaningful and progressive conversation about the merits and value of the Tonka Toy and how to get it sorted while those in the room involved in the discussions sip of their respective cappuccino and latte.

To those juveniles still altercating in the sandpit, Wells and Rawlings would like to send a polite message ............ Patience....... grasshoppers....... Patience ;)
Agree with these two gentlemen above.

Posted really early on the main board on the Kelly trade that it will / would get done due to the two very professional Clubs that both have a reputation for fair trading.

The sideshow predictably was always going to be the two respective sets of fans as there was certainly going to be a fracas in the sandpit as to which kid gets to play with which Tonka Toys.
Lots of shouting, some screaming lots of name calling and even some sand being hurled at each other and the odd occasional spitting incident.

Meanwhile in the staff room the adults ..... Wells and Rawlings ..... are engaged in a cordial, meaningful and progressive conversation about the merits and value of the Tonka Toy and how to get it sorted while those in the room involved in the discussions sip of their respective cappuccino and latte.

To those juveniles still altercating in the sandpit, Wells and Rawlings would like to send a polite message ............ Patience....... grasshoppers....... Patience ;)

I reckon Wells drinks a half strength chai latte. Just my guy feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back