Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No he didnt become an uncontracted player. He had to end up at either geelong or adelaide. An uncontracted player can end up at any club in the competition.

He essentially was an uncontracted player, you traded for him because Adelaide informed Geelong they would match the bid and force a trade regardless. And if it got to that point and a trade wasn't done he would have ended up in the draft.

He essentially was an uncontracted player, you traded for him because Adelaide informed Geelong they would match the bid and force a trade regardless. And if it got to that point and a trade wasn't done he would have ended up in the draft.

Dont try and explain how an RFA works to a Geelong supporter they arent up with it

Unlucky for Geelong on this one but they'll need to get realistic with their request of compensation for the loss of Kelly. I'd say a top 10 pick plus a second rounder plus a fringe player should get the job done. In a perfect work Kelly would choose the Dockers and getting better picks would be easier.

Unlucky for Geelong on this one but they'll need to get realistic with their request of compensation for the loss of Kelly. I'd say a top 10 pick plus a second rounder plus a fringe player should get the job done. In a perfect work Kelly would choose the Dockers and getting better picks would be easier.

Problem with the perfect world is West Coast only have pick 14 and 24 and next years futures

There has been attempts at strong arming via the Vic media to get him to consider Fremantle.

Fremantle posters seem pretty certain they would not part with a top 10 pick either.

No way adelaide has said that, stop making things up

Trade Radio are saying consistently that all of Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda are looking to split their picks 3, 4 and 5. It was said again this morning with Cal Twomey.

Not making anything up.

If it's wrong, just ring them up and tell them. But just like the Dangerfield negotiations I reckon they may know more about your club than you do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been attempts at strong arming via the Vic media to get him to consider Fremantle.

Fremantle posters seem pretty certain they would not part with a top 10 pick either.

I think we all know Freo would part with a top 10 pick for him.

Problem with the perfect world is West Coast only have pick 14 and 24 and next years futures

They'll be able to turn pick 14 and 24 in to a top 10 pick. They'll need to come to the party. Who knows they may need to see if a young vic player on their list wants to head home. I think 2 top 10 picks is just no realistic but West Coast can certainly come up with 1 if they work on it.

I think Kelly has made it clear for what ever reason he has, he wants West Coast
Yeah it is pretty clear after naming West Coast while contracted and now uncontracted

The Vic media will still try for Geelong

Trade Radio are saying consistently that all of Melbourne, Adelaide and St Kilda are looking to split their picks 3, 4 and 5. It was said again this morning with Cal Twomey.

Not making anything up.

If it's wrong, just ring them up and tell them. But just like the Dangerfield negotiations I reckon they may know more about your club than you do.

Trade radio also said Brad Crouch our predicted B and F winner isnt worth a first round pick

Or Tom Papley is a signed sealed deal to carlton now Sydney have come out and said he aint going anywhere

Adelaide has not said anything of splitting or trading their pick what so ever

They'll be able to turn pick 14 and 24 in to a top 10 pick. They'll need to come to the party. Who knows they may need to see if a young vic player on their list wants to head home. I think 2 top 10 picks is just no realistic but West Coast can certainly come up with 1 if they work on it.

which club would even contemplate that

Genuine question - Do you still think there is bad blood because of the 92 & 94 result?
100%. The players wouldn't care, but the old blokes at the club will never forget being humiliated by these young western pricks, twice! Then we got Cousins too. They got Jason Snell instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back