Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If he wanted to stay, he stays. Do you think he's the first player to be put up for trade? Breust has turned down multiple offers from multiple clubs. As has Poppy and McEvoy among others. Players are aware of the business they're in, if he cracks the s**ts just because his name was brought up, that's on him not the club.

Kelly has probably one of the most legitimate excuses to be traded and Geelong doesn't give a s**t as long as they get the most value they possibly can. I can guarantee Hawks wouldn't play it so hard.
Big difference is you the club had actively shopped him meaning you had no faith in his ability as a contracted player, not many players will stay when a club has lost faith or believes they can upgrade you...

and I quote "Shocked and shattered to find out he was AFL trade bait, Ryan Burton also knew it would be pointless to hang on at Hawthorn "

Really?? Name one

"Callum Twomey: There's a fair few clubs at the top of the draft who are pretty keen to trade back into the late first round and early second round area of the draft. I think you can find a really good player from 15-35"

"Callum Twomey: It's a pretty even draft beyond Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson."

A fair few by the look. If a club can get 2 players that are just as good as a player from 5-10. Why wouldn't they?

Last edited:

Big difference is you the club had actively shopped him meaning you had no faith in his ability as a contracted player, not many players will stay when a club has lost faith or believes they can upgrade you...
It doesn't mean that at all. Players get shopped around as clubs look at a trade as a potential list improvement. In this case, we thought Wingard brought more to the team than Burton did. That doesn't mean we didn't have any faith in his ability.

Anyway, that's probably enough Burton chat for a Kelly thread.

Trade radio also said Brad Crouch our predicted B and F winner isnt worth a first round pick

Or Tom Papley is a signed sealed deal to carlton now Sydney have come out and said he aint going anywhere

Adelaide has not said anything of splitting or trading their pick what so ever

Pretty sure the Crows said they would consider it.

I'll go have a look for some articles.......was a good month ago.

It’s good that footy clubs aren’t run by the idiots on BigFooty! West Coast and Geelong are both well-run, professional clubs who understand the value of getting a deal done. They also understand that we’re dealing with a real person and family, not an abstract commodity like some on here like to believe. A deal will be done for slightly less than market rate, and everyone will move on. Except the idiots on here who will debate it in perpetuity.

It doesn't mean that at all. Players get shopped around as clubs look at a trade as a potential list improvement. In this case, we thought Wingard brought more to the team than Burton did. That doesn't mean we didn't have any faith in his ability.

Hawks seem to shop theirs around and push the aging stars 'out of the flock' more than most.

Vic club's certainly more so than the Eagles do.

My understanding of free agency is not comprehensive, so correct me if I'm wrong:

This is correct.

But then Danger said "no I only want to go to Geelong", whereas TK has said he only wants to go to West Coast.

So as you can clearly see, you can't compare the two because Geelong and West Coast are 2 different clubs. Simples.

/s

Danger never exercised his free agency status. Didn't lodge the paperwork, Cats didn't lodge the paperwork and no bid was matched.

It was a negotiated trade.

Hope this trade gets sorted out within the first day or two so we don't have to hear all the whining and complaining from both Lathlain and Geelong fans for eternity. Pick 14 & 22, perhaps next years first is a reasonable offer. Tim Kelly's situation comes first, you accomodate the player.

Carlton would in a heartbeat.
St Kilda.

Neither of us have a 2nd rounder and have deals on the table.

Carlton and Stk wont get Papley and Hill ifthey trade down and they know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Naitanui has been pretty much a non-entity on field for Lathlain for the past 2 years you could argue West Coast win that deal hard.

Yep and WCE showed that they dont need a dominant ruckman to win games this year.

Geelong get a ruckman whom they need.

Nic Nat is the top Dog mate, there is no player worthy of being traded that can hold a candle to him. When he is up and about he is sublime.

I get it- but he hasnt been on the park often enough to justify the conversation.

The question is would you take 5 games of NN (which is what you've got off him past couple of years) or 22 games of TK?

Pretty rude by Hawthorn to only offer pick 15 and 35 and a guy picked at 19. Where were all the top 10 picks for a two time AA??? :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back