Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Former players has come out and said that Fremantle's welfare has been first class.

I have no doubt that West Coast is pretty good as well.

Geelong did a great job supporting the Kelly's.

The welfare angle is bull.

Not according to Caitlin, although they improved somewhat in Kelly's second year albeit from an abysmal start.

I would be confident if it was any club other than Geelong

The way they carried on to get Ablett & Dangerfield there to the tough stance on Kelly is cringeworthy

More rubbish from you.

Adelaide thanked Geelong for being professional to deal with, while Geelong had to cough up a first rd pick for a 34 yo, which they did no problems.

Can you provide a quote of anyone within the AFL staying Geelong have ever been hard to deal with?

Unless West Coast totally offer nothing, lets stay out of it.

It hurts both clubs if we get into a bidding war over players.

This.

We just need to bid slightly better than WCE and by initially saying his preference is WCE, Kelly has left the door ajar for Freo to come in if the Cats aren’t satisfied with what WCE dish up. There’s nothing untoward about our involvement because we haven’t been shut out. Personally I want us to get Kelly, so until he signs with WCE, I want us to still be in it.

Up until Tim Kelly's trade request was announced Fremantle should have been making every attempt to get him. According to all reports, they were.
Now he has requested West Coast, it's time for Freo to pull up stumps and politely see their way out.

The whole Fremantle connection is a figment of media's imagination. He has never stated anything other than a desire to play for the Eagles.

Not according to Caitlin, although they improved somewhat in Kelly's second year albeit from an abysmal start.
Cats or Dockers?

If she is saying the Dockers then she is basing it off their manager view who had players ten years ago.

Most recent past players are saying that Fremantle is very supportive.

If she is saying the Cats, I think she has a chip on her shoulder.

More rubbish from you.

Adelaide thanked Geelong for being professional to deal with, while Geelong had to cough up a first rd pick for a 34 yo, which they did no problems.

Can you provide a quote of anyone within the AFL staying Geelong have ever been hard to deal with?

A fair bit of mayo on that claim. A downgrade of pick 19 to pick 24 isn’t “coughing up a first round pick”

This.

Up until Tim Kelly's trade request was announced Fremantle should have been making every attempt to get him. According to all reports, they were.
Now he has requested West Coast, it's time for Freo to pull up stumps and politely see their way out.

The whole Fremantle connection is a figment of media's imagination. He has never stated anything other than a desire to play for the Eagles.

Possibly. But pragmatism may well come into strong consideration on the last day of the trade period if WC and Geel are still at an impasse. In that situation, I’d suggest that if Freo have a reasonable trade option to get Kelly back to WA then he’s going to look at it very closely.

This.

He hasn’t been unequivocal this year.

“Tim Kelly has asked that the club trade him to Western Australia, with his preference being to play with the West Coast Eagles.”

If it’s only a preference to get to WCE then he hasn’t blocked us out, unlike last year.

More rubbish from you.

West Coast.

The fact is that Geelong due to their credit hasn't lost a player of worth except Ablett. By the way, the aging stars that left ie Johnson, Chapman weren't worth much when they left.

Their is no example in recent times that a valuable player have left.

Therefore, this is a test case.

“Tim Kelly has asked that the club trade him to Western Australia, with his preference being to play with the West Coast Eagles.”

If it’s only a preference to get to WCE then he hasn’t blocked us out, unlike last year.
That was a Geelong spin article

His manager confirmed it was West Coast not W.A

You are being disingenuous. Kelly's Manager released a statement saying he requested a trade to the West Coast Eagles as they can best provide the support he and his family require.

1570328425740.png

That’s Geelong spinning it in order to press upon Kelly the fact that they’re not just going to deal him to West Coast for whatever we offer. It’s completely inconsistent with everything else that’s been said, particularly what’s come directly out of the Kelly camp.

His manager’s statement later that day made clear he’d requested a trade to West Coast. And when asked at the airport yesterday Kelly was diplomatic about Freo but clear about where he wants to be.

Kelly is also going to want the Cats to get the best deal for them, I’m assuming, as a sign of gratitude for putting their faith in him in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More rubbish from you.

You asked this exact same question on the Eagles board.

I replied with a detailed account of how this trade has played out in public with examples of Geelong being difficult. You chose to ignore the substance of my post.

Kelly is also going to want the Cats to get the best deal for them, I’m assuming, as a sign of gratitude for putting their faith in him in the first place.

Judd apparently had the same attitude. But not to the point of agreeing to go to Richmond over Carlton so West Coast could get pick 2.

Cats need to cease from their grandstanding, virtue-signalling & wailing on this one....It's doing them & their club no favours at all.

Hawks secured Tom Mitchell for pick 14 & Tim Kelly aint no Tom Mitchell.
Yeah you’re right, he’s miles better.

Cats or Dockers?

If she is saying the Dockers then she is basing it off their manager view who had players ten years ago.

Most recent past players are saying that Fremantle is very supportive.

If she is saying the Cats, I think she has a chip on her shoulder.

Cats. She let it slip last year after the failed trade.

Why would his manager say that to put the Cats offside?

Because the Cats misrepresented his client’s position and he needed to set the record straight?

Because making clear that Freo aren’t an option being considered makes it easier for his client to get to the club of his choice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back