Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats up ante in Kelly trade war
e1e167794fee3bd2da03d4871939c6fa

Alistair Paton
Jay Clark
Geelong wants more than two first-round draft picks in exchange for superstar midfielder Tim Kelly.
Kelly has requested a move to West Coast to be closer to family after two seasons at the Cattery.
While much of the discussion has focused on whether the Eagles will give up two first-round picks for Kelly, Geelong list manager Stephen Wells said the asking price was even higher.
"Tim is worth more than that," Wells said.
West Coast has picks 13, 22 and 31 in this year's draft and could also be forced to use a future first-round pick to seal the deal.
Fremantle has pick 6 and could get pick 5 from St Kilda for Brad Hill.
The Dockers want Kelly but the midfielder has nominated West Coast as his desired new home.
lol
That's got to be worth another 300 pages in this thread at least.

How do you feel picking up a guy you knew wanted to go to the eagles in the first place and no matter what you tried told you to fu** off anyway?

Not only did we speak to him multiple times in his draft year, he was happy to come to Geelong

Loves the club, but he has 2 kids with special needs now.

You offered us second round picks last year for a guy who finished top five in the Brownlow this year. I would consider that a lowball offer and if WCE were serious they would have upped it. Kelly also had no issues returning to Geelong for the final year of his contract which played into why he wasn't traded.

It wont worry the cats about current value we are not dependent on a total rebuild, so if they the club feel strong enough about whats happening they will make the best decision, seems Eagles supporters are panicking about the deal

Ha. We arent panicing at all mate. The system is set up for players to get where they nominate not clubs forcing out of contract players to go to where they get the best deal. Thats facts.

If Wells is a dick and refuses a trade then either the Eagles or Freo pick him up for their first pick in the draft. Freo at 6 or the Eagles trade down to 4 or 5.

If the Eagles miss out they then move on to landing two of the best WA kids in the draft.

So in any scenario the Eagles, Freo and Kelly win.

If Wells refuses to trade they get nothing and lose a valuable player who can net them good draft picks.

Love how Cats fans pretend that doesnt matter and they dont really care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha. We arent panicing at all mate. The system is set up for players to get where they nominate not clubs forcing out of contract players to go to where they get the best deal. Thats facts.

If Wells is a dick and refuses a trade then either the Eagles or Freo pick him up for their first pick in the draft. Freo at 6 or the Eagles trade down to 4 or 5.

If the Eagles miss out they then move on to landing two of the best WA kids in the draft.

So in any scenario the Eagles, Freo and Kelly win.

If Wells refuses to trade they get nothing and lose a valuable player who can net them good draft picks.

Love how Cats fans pretend that doesnt matter and they dont really care.

What are you on about?

A trade will happen, the draft is a empty threat and it will not come to that.

Wells has a really good reputation when it comes to trades and I am sure something can be worked out should both clubs come to the table.

Wells will do the trade, already hinted at that on trade radio. Just because you want him for nothing doesn't mean a trade won't happen.

More than 2 first rounds picks

Uncontracted

And is it true that Fremantle have officially pulled out of any negotiations with Tim Kelly?

Cheers

WC can offer: 14 + 24 + 33 + 2020 first. We cannot offer 2020 first and second without a future first or second coming back.

On points that's 3,500-5,500, realistically 3,500-4,000. LOL.

Na. They are still trying to get Kelly to talk with them. So far that isnt happening.
Fremantle don't even have pick 6 yet, no point talking to Kelly now. Other club had their own priority, just like Greenwood nominate Gold Coast but no trade yet because GCS not yet receive pick from Martin or Ah chee.

WC can offer: 14 + 24 + 33 + 2020 first. We cannot offer 2020 first and second without a future first or second coming back.

On points that's 3,500-5,500, realistically 3,500-4,000. LOL.

I don't see why a pick swap couldn't be done as well, potentially a three way trade as well.

Plenty of options and given the trade will not be done today, looks like other teams might get involved.

You would honestly be served better having a conversation with yourself, because that's pretty much all you are doing. You absolutely refuse to acknowledge any points I've made, you are completely misquoting me and misrepresenting any and all ideas I've put forward. You are literally making things up as you go and pretending they are my views.

I am not going to attack you personally, I think your posting speaks for itself... your rhetoric and posting is utter drivel.

My thoughts on the matter at hand have been made perfectly clear, despite your attempts to redirect and completely misrepresent them. I am going to refuse to engage with you from now on, which I'm sure you'll take and protest as a 'win' for you. All the best :thumbsu::padlock:

So you have zero substance to add to the debate.

Ive made my position pretty clear and its plain as day that the Vic media set and apply different rules and expectations to players moving to Vic clubs versus moving away. Many posters on here have pointed this out with dozens of examples. Ive asked you to provide one example of a player nominating a Vic club for personal reasons who has been criticised as much as Kelly. YOU CONTINUE TO IGNOR THIS. Why? Because they dont.

You youself set different standards when we compare Kelly v Papely.

Your thoughts are prefectly clear. Two sets of standards. One for your team and and different set for Kelly moving to the Eagles.

I wont protest at all. I will simply conclude you failed to come up with any credible examples or facts to back up your view. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :padlock::padlock:

I don't see why a pick swap couldn't be done as well, potentially a three way trade as well.

Plenty of options and given the trade will not be done today, looks like other teams might get involved.

Pick swap of what? If WC throw 14 + 24 + 33 + 2020 first at a trade then we have lost the plot. We're not getting an earlier first without trading out a first, whether it's 14 or next year's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back