Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player was involved in the O'Meara trade?

O'Meara was traded for pick 10 and a future second round pick that ended up being 26. Pick 14 + a future first round pick is more than that.

Stephen Wells has already said that Tim Kelly is worth even more than that.
O meara trade don't have NGA set up where Liam Henry is rated by recruiter as Top 20 in this year draft. So Geelong could end up with Pick 16 this year and pick 19-20 next year ( compromise draft) .

Same can be said for every club.

I've been hearing all along that Shiel, Treloar, Dangerfield, Neale are the benchmarks. They all went for picks.
Yeah, it's unusual to have fringe players shift around - but Danger, Neale and Treloar all went for picks that West Coast simply do not have.

I do find it a bit weird to have other trades mentioned as the "benchmark" - each trade really does happen in isolation. Just because somebody else overpaid/underpaid, does not hold West Coast or Geelong to their idiocy. It'd be a bit different if it was an open market and players were dealing with five to ten interested bidders.

The Lachie Neale deal was Neale + p30 for p6, p19 and p55. I'd agree that's absolutely fair value, but the problem is that West Coast does not have anything like Pick 6 to play with.

On points Neale was traded for 2,277. Our two firsts is a minimum 2,146.

We don't have pick 6, but Kelly isn't under contract and you don't have pick 30 either.

How about:

- Geelong contract Kelly for 2020
- Geelong upgrade 36 to 30
- WC find 6, 19, 55

Dealsies?

I'm sure every trade would be easier if the club chose the player's location.

Well in this case, he wants to go home for family reasons and based on what I have been told its fair enough. BUT, if he wants to simply get home then either of the 2 WA clubs should be satisfactory. I have the same query over Vic players wanting to come home also. Ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well in this case, he wants to go home for family reasons and based on what I have been told its fair enough. BUT, if he wants to simply get home then either of the 2 WA clubs should be satisfactory. I have the same query over Vic players wanting to come home also. Ludicrous.

Yeah if all players were open to going to all clubs, or at least multiple clubs, in their state, then Tim definitely should be open to it too.

But given they aren't, then it isn't really relevant to Kelly's situation this year.

Yeah if all players were open to going to all clubs, or at least multiple clubs, in their state, then Tim definitely should be open to it too.

But given they aren't, then it isn't really relevant to Kelly's situation this year.

Yep, end of the day we have all been on the receiving end. What goes around, comes around. At least Danger has Moggs creek.

why? If through some elusion we got 3 we certainly would not use it on Kelly
“Hey Wellsy, we feel we’re on completely different pages here so we’re dealing with another club for a pick to draft him. Door still open if you want to hop back on our page, if so give us a call otherwise good luck for 2020”.

You’ll be getting that call back within 24 hours.

So they get as close to that as possible. That is acheivable imo. It obvuously wont be exactly the same picks but close.
I just can't see West Coast getting anywhere near a p6 equivalent. Even if you packaged p14+p24+ 2020p1, I don't think many sides will bite.

Top-ten picks are just absolute gold now that footy clubs are so much better at recruitment.

Out of interest. Have you posted the same in the Papley, Daniher, Hill Ect Ect threads

Eagles really need to shake the tree and see what pick 3-5 will cost them. Just the mere threat of drafting him with nothing going Geelong’s way will be enough to get the negotiation back on their terms.

My thoughts exactly.
Swans pick 5 could be a handy pick if they feel 5+9 is massive overs for Daniher (I think so anyway) and want to split one of those picks.

Swans pick 5 -> Eagles for pick 14, Future 1st and 33.

Swans can then use 9+14 and something else for Daniher if needed and pocket the rest. Or if dons dont agree then Swans cna just enjoy the extra top 20 picks in the draft as they rebuild.

Eagles can then offer pick 5 to the Cats for Kelly in a straight or we'll use it at the draft on Kelly.

Once the thought of that sways the trade back on our terms, perhaps Cats will just agree to do 14, future 1st and 33 for Kelly directly with us. I still reckon a 3rd rounder comes back our way in that trade too.

The Lachie Neale deal was Neale + p30 for p6, p19 and p55. I'd agree that's absolutely fair value, but the problem is that West Coast does not have anything like Pick 6 to play with.

Brad Hill is the problem. If the Saints werent into him I could see the eagles trading 14 plus our 2020 1st for 5 plus maybe a 3rd.

Saints use 14 to get Jones from the Swans and bank a 2020 1st in case they need two picks for King who they are already courting.

Pick 7 is Freo so no hope there, 8 Norths so possible, 9 is Carltons which may go to the Swans for Papely.

Swans may swap 9 for 14 and a 2020 2nd. 9 plus 24 plus a 3rd for Kelly and 36. THATS pretty bloody close to the Neale trade.

Mate just stop. Ive said it 20 times Im happy to pay the Neale trade value. Thats not nothing its fair.

No wonder the deal is going nowhere at the moment when we have West Coast list manager spending time on Big Footy instead of getting the deal done in the trade room

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back