Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're doing too much. Wells' comments today were inline with his remarks on Trade Radion i.e. 14+2020 1st isn't enough.

Today is opening gambit for trade week. More likely than not it gets done. Something like 14+34+2020 1st.
And slowly eagles fans are waking up. Remember when 5 days ago nearly all eagles fans werre convinced you would have to get back a second rounder to give up 14 and your 2020 first.

Could. We made a GF then added Redden and Jetta. How did that work out? We scraped into the finals, lost Priddis and Mitchell and then Naitanui did an ACL. How did that work out?

WC 2019 are nothing like WB 2014. They won a flag in 2016 but for the most part Tom Boyd was a non factor. He had a very good 2016 finals series but otherwise didn't do a lot. 52 games, 0 Brownlow votes. Kicked 4 in a game once. They wouldn't have won the flag without him but you could say the same about Liam Picken who was a tagger most of his career, or Clay Smith who kicked 4 in the prelim, or Joel Hamling who kept Lance Franklin to 1 goal. Silly comparison, our GF day heroes were Dom Sheed and Will Schofield. It has zero bearing on Kelly.

If you can guarantee that WC win a flag in the next 5 years I will happily trade all of our picks for 2019/20 permissible. But that isn't how it works.

No, you can not compare directly to any situation.. I agree.

But having Tim Kelly greatly increases your chances of being the Best team in the AFL. West Coast are already a top 4 ranked side.. maybe even top 2. You got a bit unlucky there with a few games at the end of the season with some bad form at the wrong time. If you get Tim Kelly, you become close to being the best team in the comp. This is the risk you take though. Kelly could go out in Round one and have an injury never to play again. It's a calculated risk that you take.. And West Coast should be throwing everything they can at this. Vozzo sounds like he is going to do that too... but it has to be more than just a couple of these mid range picks.

Even if Kelly was open to Freo, would they be crazy enough to give up picks 6 & 7 (from Hill) to get him?

I mentioned earlier they'd at least want a decent pick coming back.

They'd be getting our 1st rounder back, in that very unlikely event. No player in the history of the game besides Judd has garnered two Top 10 picks with nothing going back.

You Eagles fans should get to work then and discuss some ideas. Not our problem. Whatever ideas we come up with will no doubt be rejected by you guys.

Waste of time.

Or perhaps you could go to the Cats Board if you can't handle the random chatter and trade speculation of trade week.

Or perhaps you could go to the Cats Board if you can't handle the random chatter and trade speculation of trade week.

And perhaps you can go back to the Freo board as the Tim Kelly trade doesn't concern the Fremantle football club?

He rejected you.

Again.

Unfortunately for Geelong.

I think he meant Geelong the town.

Based on the pics of Kelly’s luggage at the airport, he’s not intended to go back in a hurry

Geelong could play hardball, and West Coast walk.. Kelly goes into the draft. Geelong trade picks on draft night and get Gold Coast pick 2.. they then take Kelly with pick 2.

Would he go back to Geelong? Or would be be the first player in the history of the AFL to quit after being drafted at number 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is this?

St Kilda lose: pick 6, Jack Steven
St Kilda gain: Brad Hill, pick 33

WC lose: pick 14, pick 24, pick 33, 2020 1st
WC gain: Tim Kelly, 2020 2nd

Freo lose: Brad Hill
Freo gain: pick 14, 2020 1st

Geelong lose: Tim Kelly, 2020 2nd
Geelong gain: pick 6, Jack Steven, pick 24

Freo would lose 14 in a nga bid ???

How is this?

St Kilda lose: pick 6, Jack Steven
St Kilda gain: Brad Hill, pick 33

WC lose: pick 14, pick 24, pick 33, 2020 1st
WC gain: Tim Kelly, 2020 2nd

Freo lose: Brad Hill
Freo gain: pick 14, 2020 1st

Geelong lose: Tim Kelly, 2020 2nd
Geelong gain: pick 6, Jack Steven, pick 24
We'd take it, but I don't think that Freo would.

Look id like a top 5 pick but i am realistic that you likely cant prize that loose. Honestly to me the most likely scenario i see is you trying to move 24 and your future first for say 9 and then 9 and 14 for Kelly which we would take, albeit reluctantly. The issue is pick 9 will probably get tied up with papley/daniher so unless carlton are prepared to swap it quickly the kelly trade gets dragged out. Considering all circs i think 2 decent R1s is pretty fair i think the issue is bc next years draft is quite diluted Geelong dont really want 14 + 15-20 next year (plus having to wait a year to get the player) they want 2 R1s this year instead. I suspect Geelong and WCE probably agree on that value, if you can find the 2nd R1 this year it gets done if you cant then we may hold out and see if he can be turned to Freo etc. The other option is it includes a player from wce either to Geelong or a 3rd club but i think thats less likely (unless WCE have changed their view on trading Brander).

If the Eagles were to trade for 9 then I would think they package up picks 14 + 24 so they could offer 9 + 33. Last resort 9 + Future 1 with a second coming back.

Situation is exactly the same

Years played is irrelevant

Actually it is relevant..

He hasn't given them anything except 2 years of service whilst complaining the whole time about being there. Geelong is responsible for him having this high price tag. Do you think if Gold Coast had taken Tim Kelly with their zero midfield, Tim Kelly would be projected as the same player he is now?

And perhaps you can go back to the Freo board as the Tim Kelly trade doesn't concern the Fremantle football club?

He rejected you.

Again.

Unfortunately for Geelong.

This is a discussion forum for posters of any teams to as has been pointed out to you ...to you know discuss.

Personally I welcome neutral posters on threads like Brad Hill as they bring a non-biased non-emotional perspective. The fact that I as a Freo poster am defending a West Coast poster should be enough to tell you that your attitude needs an adjustment.

Actually it is relevant..

He hasn't given them anything except 2 years of service whilst complaining the whole time about being there. Geelong is responsible for him having this high price tag. Do you think if Gold Coast had taken Tim Kelly with their zero midfield, Tim Kelly would be projected as the same player he is now?
So i guess you'll let Elliot go with minimal fuss since he's put years in?

Is there an unwritten rule that years served means you get to name your destination and the departing club has to help them there?

Only thing that makes Ablett and Dangerfield different to TK

Bare with me... work in progress.

Carlton:

IN: Jack Martin, Tom Papley
OUT: pick 9, 2020 Rd 2 pick

WC:

IN: Tim Kelly, pick 37
OUT: 14, 24, 2020 Rd 1 pick

Gold Coast:

IN: pick 17
OUT: Jack Martin

Sydney:

IN: Joe Daniher, pick 24, Carlton 2020 Rd 2 pick
OUT: pick 5, Tom Papley

Geel:

IN: pick 5, pick 9
OUT: Tim Kelly, pick 17

Essendon:

IN: pick 14, WC 2020 Rd 1 pick
OUT: Joe Daniher

Geelong could play hardball, and West Coast walk.. Kelly goes into the draft. Geelong trade picks on draft night and get Gold Coast pick 2.. they then take Kelly with pick 2.

Would he go back to Geelong? Or would be be the first player in the history of the AFL to quit after being drafted at number 2?
Yeah righto, Geelong just click their fingers and get pick 2 off Gold Coast.

Or are you proposing they use some sort of Jedi mind trick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back