Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know where to start on this. The part where you somehow acquire Grundy for Pick 14 and 22...the part where you somehow magically get your Pick 14 back...or the part where apparently all clubs 'conspire' together to adhere to one club and one player's wishes.

I think I'll just let this one through to the keeper.

Pretty sure it’s a joke.

You train at a place called Cockburn? Sounds painful!

The usual joke on the WC board and Bay is that Cockburn is next to Success - Freo almost at Success but suffering pain instead.

It has to be this. Wells harping on the 'fierce rivalry' between club's?

I'm thinking 'What rivalry? Really haven't played finals against each other for decades until this year and they won.

.I don't rate Geelong a fierce rival. Just flogs atm. This I can see is about to heat up though.

Knocking you out of prelim in 2011 was pretty cool too

A) Firstly I don't know you from a bar of soap. Can't actually recall crossing paths with you in 20,000 posts over the last 10 plus years here on BF.

B) Vic bias is most defiantly in play. Kelly is the only player who has nominate a club getting criticised by the Vic media. Please point out a player who has nominated a Vic team coping the same criticism.

C) You brought up Papely and have been shown to be incorrect in your asertation and comparison. Then you simply state your view on him and his cercumstance remains unchanged. That is yet another example of double standards and the hypocracy displayed by many supporters of Vic teams shown in this thread.

All Eagles posters want is one rule for all players. A trade value close to the Neale trade and that's it.

The Vic media aren't reporting or suggesting this. We ask why not?

a) I was re-quoting your patronising use of 'you should know this'. Nice attempted flex though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
b) Last time I checked, no media does trades. Any problem you have, and you clearly have one with the vic media is in your own head I would suggest.
c) I didn't bring Papley up at all, was responding to WCE supporters who felt the need to bring him up. It usually doesn't hurt to follow the thread you are attempting to contribute in.

As far as this goes; "That is yet another example of double standards and the hypocracy displayed by many supporters of Vic teams shown in this thread."
My opinion remains unchanged and consistent so I have no idea what you're talking about. You are taking the opinions of some and lumping everyone who lives in Victoria to suit your strange and obsessive narrative about Victorians.

There is 'one rule for all players', the AFL doesn't legislate differently. You seem so confused as to who does trades, what the laws of the game are and the actual role the media plays. Not sure I'm going to be too keen to continue this conversation and you seem to love to brush over points that I have actually made and continue to bang on with your narrative regardless...

All this talk of trading up with Hawthorn, and no-one seems to have raised the fact that they're our arch-rivals, lol. Why would Hawthorn want to give West Coast picks to HELP Geelong. That would be like Carlton giving another club picks to help Essendon/Collingwood, or Adelaide giving another club picks to help Port Adelaide. Just doesn't happen.

Clubs are not like the fans. Are you that naive to think the clubs have the same sort of blood feud the fans do?

Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wce dont have the collateral totrade up ahead of freo.

I'll use algebra to solve this trade for everyone. You're welcome in advance.

Firstly, lets assume Kellys value is capped at Pick 6 as that's where he gets taken in the draft. Perhaps thats not what he's worth in an open market for a contracted player of his ability. But it's the nature of the beast.

Feel free to disagree with that notion if you like, but in my opinion there's no way a team takes Kelly above pick 6 (freo) when he wants to get back to WA.

So with that set lets move to the equations:

As recently as last year Fremantle traded:
Pick 6, and a future 3rd (I think 44?) for Pick 11, 23, 30 and 49. (1)

The Neale trade got done with: Neale+30 for 6, 19 and 55. (2)

Neale = Kelly (3)

So lets solve for X (Kelly):

(1) Pick 6 = +11+23+30+49-44.
(2) Neale (Kelly)= 6+19+55-30

Kelly = +11+19+23+30-30-44+49+55
Kelly +44 = +11+19+23+49+55. This is max value. Anything over that for an uncontracted player is impossible.

Eagles have Pick 14, 24, 33, 61 to work with. Plus future picks to balance if needed. Future 1st lets assume Eagles finish well and it's ~ Pick 16.

Given Kelly is uncontracted I think we get away with a touch unders and the trade becomes:

14 + Future 1st (16) + 33 for Kelly + 54

Eagle's fans are upset becuase it was well over what we couldve offered.
Cats fans are upset because it's unders compared to a pick 6 from Freo but move on quickly using their pick 36 for Stevens to replace Kelly, and then take our 14, future 1st and 33 as pure profit from the Kelly saga.

Handshakes all round and we move on with our lives.

Clubs are not like the fans. Are you that naive to think the clubs have the same sort of blood feud the fans do?

Lol.

It's not really a blood feud, more a rivalry. When was the last time you saw Port Adelaide do a favour for Adelaide? The last dealing that we had with Hawthorn during trade period - direct or by proxy - was Jonathan Simpkin, 7 years ago. Even then, he was still acquired as a delisted rookie and not traded. Some clubs just don't do business together often, given the very large reaction that fans would likely offer up if they did (Collingwood > Carlton, Port > Adelaide, Essendon > Hawthorn etc.). There are anomalous situations (Daisy Thomas, Billy Frampton this year etc.), but by and large, some clubs just keep their distance.

Its more about helping us. We released Sam Mitchell from his contract for nothing. Would you expect Geelong to do the same for Hawthorn with one of your assistants? We just did a favor to both Sam for his hard work and Hawthorn because we are not pereennial flogs like some other clubs.

Its fairly likely Hawthorn might have seen this and decided they would help us back? You know, professional relationshiips? Do we know that terminology at Geelong?

Sanderson to coach Adelaide (in middle of 2011 finals series)

Mumford to chase big contract

Christensen to get out of Geelong and his issues

Caddy to chase contract and opportunities

McCarthy for fresh start

As well as trading Pods, Stevie J, Chappy and others for nicks to help them get where they wanted straight away.

Throw in agreeing to essentially forfeit against Adelaide after their coach was killed, and I’d say Geelong’s track record isn’t too bad.

For the record, can you pull up anyone linked to the AFL saying Geelong have been difficult to deal with, or just flogs on BigFooty?

Ps here’s David Noble on the Danger trade

"All along we were intent on doing what was in the best interests of our club, and we have been able to deliver the best possible outcome," Noble said.

"Securing picks nine and 28 allows us to add some more quality talent to our playing list, while Dean is a young man who has the makings of a long-term player.

"I would also like to acknowledge Geelong for the professional manner in which these negotiations were handled."

Sanderson to coach Adelaide (in middle of 2011 finals series)

Mumford to chase big contract

Christensen to get out of Geelong and his issues

Caddy to chase contract and opportunities

McCarthy for fresh start

As well as trading Pods, Stevie J, Chappy and others for nicks to help them get where they wanted straight away.

Throw in agreeing to essentially forfeit against Adelaide after their coach was killed, and I’d say Geelong’s track record isn’t too bad.

For the record, can you pull up anyone linked to the AFL saying Geelong have been difficult to deal with, or just flogs on BigFooty?

Ps here’s David Noble on the Danger trade

"All along we were intent on doing what was in the best interests of our club, and we have been able to deliver the best possible outcome," Noble said.

"Securing picks nine and 28 allows us to add some more quality talent to our playing list, while Dean is a young man who has the makings of a long-term player.

"I would also like to acknowledge Geelong for the professional manner in which these negotiations were handled."

Fair post. Ill take back that opinion. I guess over the years you have done more right then wrong

Wells does realise that he is no longer a Geelong player he is uncontracted

They held that over him last year

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You do realise that the only difference is that as a contracted player he couldn’t go in the draft. No one is talking draft, its trade. The main reason for that is that one of his preferred clubs has a suitable deal to all parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think you might have the wrong builder there

He was the innovator and introducer of the new cheaper waffle pod slab designed by a team in Vietnam which well doesnt work. He kind of led the way and others followed in order to complete price wise.

He was the innovator and introducer of the new cheaper waffle pod slab designed by a team in Vietnam which well doesnt work. He kind of led the way and others followed in order to complete price wise.
Not unusual though. It’s like 90% camper trailer builders have chassis built in China. It’s the way of the world. Compete or die.

More then happy too. I won the last bet on my account, ill win this one too

This one?

A key Eagle is out for the year with a stress fracture to their foot.

Thats all ill say. I think the plan is to drop it on people Thursday night who it is with a late out so you will have to wait til then
If a player who played last week is announced as a late out , you get banned for life, if they don't, I get banned for life

Deal?

Who was the key Eagle who was a late out? Must’ve missed that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Kelly [traded with #57 and future 3rd to West Coast for #14, #24, #33 and future 1st]

Back